New FSX install problems with Windows 7?

Thread: New FSX install problems with Windows 7?

New FSX install problems with Windows 7?

I have just re-installed FSX+Acceleration on a new hard disc after an upgrade to Windows 7.I have pretty much got everything back to normal except that I get quite a bit of 'tearing' when panning in the VC, I also see this to a lesser extent on the ground photo scenery. I got rid of this last year (after getting a new Nvidea video driver update) by using the fix at..

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

....however this site now says I am fully 'modified' via the cfg update they give and the 'tearing' is still there! At this rate, it will soon be my hair being torn too!I have heard whispers that Windows 7 might be the cause? Anybody else had a similar problem?

Check your FSX.cfg and under [GRAPHICS] add the line: ForceFullScreenVSync=1

That should stop tearing. It did for me.

FYI, the FSX.cfg under Win 7 is located at C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Thanks, but it does not work for me, I have the line in the .cfg!

It worked in XP a treat when I had a similar problem, but this really has ruined the 'joy' of FSX at the moment. I have tried every set up I can think of, except possibly using an older driver?

Ahh that sucks it didn't work for you.. maybe something in your video settings but I cannot be of any assistance there, I use an ATI.

Hopefully an Nvidia user who has encountered this will be along to help

Good luck! :salute:

Have you tried Nvidia Inspector with Nick Needham's setup instructions?

LCD monitor I presume? Make sure "V-sync" is tuned on in the Nvidia (or Nhancer if you use it) control panel.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 0