ORBX Northern Rocky Mountains negative review; can anyone confirm? Or deny? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ORBX Northern Rocky Mountains negative review; can anyone confirm? Or deny?

Very good, koorby, et al. I will purchase NRM, based on my happiness with PNW and Orbx's responses in this thread.

You guys really do make the best scenery for FSX, and it's probably a compliment to you all that I expect perfection, LOL!

I first purchased a FTX/OrbX product last year. I was so impressed with the scenery that I have since purchased almost every scenery and airport that they have released to date. Such is the quality of their scenery that I now do 95% of my FSX flying only in OrbX.

I agree with the thrust of the initial review - IMHO NRM is not yet up to the amazingly high standard of some of their other sceneries.

However, and this is the point of my post - I have been hugely impressed at the way that they keep issuing free updates to existing scenery and airports. FTX has a very active forum - as good as any that I have seen from a developer - they take constructive criticism on that forum better than any that I have experienced. What they need are specifics - ie what exactly is the problem etc. In the six months that I have been visiting the forum, I have seen all notified 'scenery weaknesses' addressed by FTX and improvements included in a free update. In addition, they will just issue a new release with improvements - even if a customer has not asked for it! Looking at this month, I have downloaded about eight new scenery upgrades from them!

It is really excellent how they work so hard to keep making existing product releases even better. This has made me very confident in buying their products. In fact, it keeps an 'old purchase' exciting - knowing that it will get even better

Cheers

Paul

Members who have read this thread: 2