aircraft contact points question

Thread: aircraft contact points question

aircraft contact points question

I would like to try and tilt the VN Gato player submarine so it has a slightly nose high attitude for a test I am doing, and I was wondering if someone could point me to the correct place in the [contact_points] section of the aircraft.cfg to make the adjustment?

Thanks for your help,

redrooster
    The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Contact points are only useful on ground surfaces...once you get the sub in the water, it lies flat, so the mods are just a waste.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

You can find them in the Aicraft.cfg. We did this with the Player Drivable LCI-R and it worked very well on water. We had the same issue with lifting the Bow to get an arch on the rockets.
    Happy Trails! www.officialponyexpress.org

Pen32Win

For my D/L's Search for both Pen32Win and AF=Midway. There are also files in the Archives under AF=Midway.

Crashwoody1
    you find all of the infoe you need to addjut in the air craft config file, this is in the air craft container. Look under *contact _points*
    And you will see something like this:

[contact_points]
    point.0=1, -20.80, 0.0, -1.4, 1200.0,0, 0.00, 180.0, 0.400, 2.5, 0.495, 0.0, 0.0, 7, 0.0, 0.0
    point.1=1, 0.00, -4.0, -6.85, 1600.0,1, 1.06, 0.0, 0.724, 2.5, 0.686, 20.0, 30.0, 2, 150.0, 150.0
    point.2=1, 0.00, 4.0, -6.85, 1600.0,2, 1.06, 0.0, 0.724, 2.5, 0.682, 20.0, 30.0, 3, 150.0, 150.0
    point.3=2, -3.00, -21.6, -0.8, 800.0, 0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.000, 0.0, 0.000, 0.0, 0.0, 5, 0.0, 0.0
    point.4=2, -3.00, 21.6, -0.8, 800.0, 0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.000, 0.0, 0.000, 0.0, 0.0, 6, 0.0, 0.0
    point.5=2, -19.50, 0.0, 5.8, 800.0, 0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.000, 0.0, 0.000, 0.0, 0.0, 9, 0.0, 0.0
    point.6=2, 4.60, 0.0, -4.2, 800.0, 0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.000, 0.0, 0.000, 0.0, 0.0, 4, 0.0, 0.0
    static_pitch = 14.45
    static_cg_height = 5.97
    gear_system_type=3 //Manual
    tailwheel_lock = 1

Each point has a number the string of number beside that is the left right up down factors you need to adjust. You will need to experiment a it to get the setting you want. This example is used in vc guage set up as well (for the most part). Some 2d panels use this as well.(generally speaking of course, there are slight differances in each usage of the formula but its basically the same)
    Generally you will see this formula for positioning items in flight sim alot!

Hope this helps u.
    Tom/Crashwoody:cost1:

Guys, it seems he already knew it was in the cfg's contact points. I think he was asking about the correct place in the [contact_points] section.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

In that case it's a matter of trial and error.:isadizzy:

We put in 4 scrape points. F/R F/L R/R R/L. and just kept lowering the front and raising the rear points until it's was right.

I think it's still up over at Simviation if you want to have a first hand look at it. Do a search for "LCI".

Pen32Win

For my D/L's Search for both Pen32Win and AF=Midway. There are also files in the Archives under AF=Midway.

Ok, now I'm a bit confused...Is it actually possible to change the attitude of a ship, or is it as Bearcat said, not worth it once the ship is in the water?

Pen32Win: I tried search for that LCI-R here and at simviation, but I didn't find it...do you have a direct link?

Thanks,
    redrooster
    The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hewman100
    The LCI is in a larger package of ships etc. in the CFS2 scenery section IIRC.

Hi All,

I don't think that the LCI Rocket Mod. was ever an offical upload.

I don't think that Pen32win will mind if I post them. It is a player Ship and includes a sample mission. If you have the AF GSL scenery installed there is lots of stuff to blow up.

Have fun,
    B24Guy

Not at all B-24. I went looking for it and came up with ziltch. I thought it was put up over at Simviation but that was quite some time ago.

Old age has located me!:costumes::isadizzy::costumes:

Pen32Win

Thanks guys!:ernae:

redrooster
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmm, it seems that the file is missing the model mdl file...

redrooster
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

B-24Guy ... what program opens this zip so it's readable? All I get is gibberish?

Thanks

Did you rename the file from Lcirocks.zip.txt toLcirocks.zip?

redrooster
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi All,

Sorry about the missing Model file. Going looking for it now.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Hi All,

Found it.
    Here is the Model and new DP file.
    You will have to copy the Textures from Pen's LCI-350 Ship into your AC folder. They are too large to post.
    For the mission you will also need Wolfi's Jap Trucks installed.

Make sure that you "View/folder options are set to see all extensions.
    Then del the .txt extension and unzip.

Have fun,
    B24Guy

Thanks B-24,
    I'm pretty sure I have the LCI-350 ship already (af_lci_1-350) but when I copied the textures over from the ship, the aircraft version just appeared white?? The ship version I have came from the AF=Midway Amphibious Warfare Pack I, and I tried a different version of the 350 that came as a standalone, but with both versions I get white textures on the aircraft version. Which LCI 350 file should I look for to get the right textures?

Thanks,
    redrooster
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pen32win,
    Do you have any tips for how to give the rockets the high angle attitude while still keeping the boat relatively level? I had some success with getting the rockets to fire the way I want them to by changing the vertical position parameters on the Gato submarine, but it's not perfect. I've played with the static compression, Max/Static Compression Ratio, and the Damping Ratio. Those parameters have helped me balance out the tilt caused by the vertical position, but like I said, it's not totally perfect yet.

Thanks,
    redrooster
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Redrooster,

It looks like I have both the 350 and 351 textures in my folder. Plus some.
    Here is a list.
    LCIG-01 thru 08
    lciq351-01 thru 07
    mahan-b and c
    lci and lci2
    gen_ship_h
    generic_ship
    AF_crate and AF_greymetal
    railing

I doubt it I need them all. When I first did this I most likely just kept puiting textures in until the ship was painted.

The rockets should be set to match the launchers and also for max range.

I use the VC mode and zoom in 3 or 4 times in order to watch the explosions.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Redroster;

Unfortunatly rockets are by default set to 0*, even if you set up the Gunstation/Guns sections to an elevated setting. We tried and no matter what we did the rockets always launch at the same elevation that the MDL is at.

Pen32Win

That much I understand about how to tilt the weapons. I set the rockets to a certain height, basically flush with the deck of the submarine, and then changed the vertical position in the contact points section. I've made progress in getting the arc I want for the rocket trajectories, but I wanted to know what the static compression, max/static compression ratio, and damping ratio settings did. I've been wondering if they might help me achieve the desired result.

Thanks again for your help!

redrooster
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]