New @ the Paintshop.......... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New @ the Paintshop..........

Quote Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
    That's FLIGHT REPLICAS on the S-199, Pom. Duh

Bones
    Hi Bones,

Yes, the FR S-199 is lovely, but I can't see any point in me doing skins for it if folks'll have to buy it before they can use them. To be fair, the early S-199s that the Israelis received were straight Bf109s, G10s I think (they still called them Messerschmitts!), but I haven't seen profiles for those aircraft. I'm using the AVHistory G and K myself. One day, perhaps, I'll be skillful enough at FSDS to make one myself.

Cheers,

PomBee.:ernae:

Israeli Airfields found

Quote Originally Posted by PomBee View Post
    Hi Bones,

Yes, the FR S-199 is lovely, but I can't see any point in me doing skins for it if folks'll have to buy it before they can use them. To be fair, the early S-199s that the Israelis received were straight Bf109s, G10s I think (they still called them Messerschmitts!), but I haven't seen profiles for those aircraft. I'm using the AVHistory G and K myself. One day, perhaps, I'll be skillful enough at FSDS to make one myself.

Cheers,

I think my favorite of the -G series was the 10. I look forward to your skins. I also found those missing Israeli airfields from Simviation and Paul Rebuffat's site:

http://www.flight-simulator-world.or...site/index.php

Bones
    My Dad's last words to me were, "Son, an eagle may soar to great heights, but a weasel never gets sucked into a jet engine..."
    And then he died...
    He was sucked into a jet engine...

I think my favorite of the -G series was the 10. I look forward to your skins. I also found those missing Israeli airfields from Simviation and Paul Rebuffat's site:

http://www.flight-simulator-world.or...site/index.php

Bones
    Well done, Bones. I've been looking for that file for ages. There was also another IAF Spitfire on the same page. I'll post some screenies of the Bf109s in their Avia party dresses for you to look at.

Cheers,

Well done, Bones. I've been looking for that file for ages. There was also another IAF Spitfire on the same page. I'll post some screenies of the Bf109s in their Avia party dresses for you to look at.

Cheers,

I'll be looking forward to them Pom. I think I downloaded Paul's Israeli Spit ages ago, but the airfields are missing from Simviation and Paul Rebuffat's site. Glad I was able to find them for us all.:salute:

Bones
    My Dad's last words to me were, "Son, an eagle may soar to great heights, but a weasel never gets sucked into a jet engine..."
    And then he died...

Hi Bones,

Cheers,

I am not sure on this information. To my best knowledge, the Israelis got only "real" S-199 from czechs (those with Jumo engines). The "original" G-10 manufactured by AVIA from spare parts were designated S-99 and to my knowledge were never sent to Israel.

Many thanks for your wonderfull repaints, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I am not sure on this information. To my best knowledge, the Israelis got only "real" S-199 from czechs (those with Jumo engines). The "original" G-10 manufactured by AVIA from spare parts were designated S-99 and to my knowledge were never sent to Israel.

Many thanks for your wonderfull repaints, much appreciated!
    It could be that I got duff info in that respect, but I thought that I got it from the IDF/AF's own website (could be wrong, though). I'll post those screenies tomorrow.

Cheers,

Pom, my source were numerous books over the years and also Edward Jablonski, who stated the planes that served in the '48 conflict were the ungainly Jumo powered machines. He describes that they had barely arrived in Israel when the war broke out and that 4 had been assembled. Of the original 12 i think 3 were lost in combat, 1 other lost due to mechanical failure. One of the 8 is on a pedestal at the gates of an Israeli air base, or was at the time of his book's writing, 1969. From plastic modelling experience I remember having one or two of the Czech machines that were variations of the G and K series that were two-seat trainers.:salute:

Bones
    And then he died...

Pom, my source were numerous books over the years and also Edward Jablonski, who stated the planes that served in the '48 conflict were the ungainly Jumo powered machines. He describes that they had barely arrived in Israel when the war broke out and that 4 had been assembled. Of the original 12 i think 3 were lost in combat, 1 other lost due to mechanical failure. One of the 8 is on a pedestal at the gates of an Israeli air base, or was at the time of his book's writing, 1969. From plastic modelling experience I remember having one or two of the Czech machines that were variations of the G and K series that were two-seat trainers.:salute:

Bones
    Hey Bones,

That sounds about right. I think that I did get some duff info. Here are the screenies, plus a Mossie and a Beaufighter. These skins are very basic, and need weathering, etc.

Cheers,

Attachment 34146Attachment 34145Attachment 34147Attachment 34148

Pom, those are beautiful. I'll have to look up my info on the Mezek, I do remember the originakl German engines were lost in a "fire"(no doubt a sabotage/covert op, most likely Russian) and the Czechs were left with the Jumo. Even with the clumsy gunpacks under the wings I seem to remember they claimed 3 Spits and a Mustang against 4 of the S-199s lost.

Bones
    And then he died...

Members who have read this thread: 0