Alphasim / Virtav
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alphasim / Virtav

Alphasim / Virtav

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CSTUART%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --></style>Whats Your Favorite...I have a few

Helo...

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CSTUART%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->Westland / Sikorsky Sea King

Attachment 33375

Plane... well that would be

I have many of them. Here's two that I really like.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Two great choices Paul!

I don't nearly have as many Alphasim aircraft in FsX as I do in Fs9, but here are some favourites:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I only have the Hunter and Tornado and both are planes I would recommend.

I may have to try the Grippen though, that's a cool aircraft and the He111 and Do217 are tempting as well.

Wish they'd release their Jaguar soon, that would be perfect for zooming around PNW at low level.

Apart from the B-24, I liked everything I bought from Alphasim. I downloaded the FSX port-overs too, including the B-47, B-36, XB-70, Blinder, B-58, Halifax/Halton, Victor and Hampden. Just done another fresh install of FSX, so its time to revisit them.

They have lots of good military planes, but I also quite like the Virtavia/Flight1 Islander

Quote Originally Posted by AndyE1976 View Post
    I may have to try the Grippen though, that's a cool aircraft and the He111 and Do217 are tempting as well.
    I'm tempted by the Do-217 as well, but it would be a port-over for FsX and I don't know how it works?

I downloaded the FSX port-overs too, including the B-47, B-36, XB-70, Blinder, B-58, Halifax/Halton, Victor and Hampden.
    The B-36, Victor, Blinder and Valkyrie had native FsX versions, maybe the B-47 as well. The B-58, Halifax and Hampden are Fs9 port-overs.

Hope to see the B-36 and Victor become avilable again someday, free- or payware!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    The B-36, Victor, Blinder and Valkyrie had native FsX versions, maybe the B-47 as well. The B-58, Halifax and Hampden are Fs9 port-overs.
    Ah, thanks for that. They are sitting on a CD and I'd pretty much forgotten the relevant details. Certainly the Hampden had the usual prop texture issues and a non-clickable VC, but is still worth having as its probably the only Hampden we'll ever see in FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Ah, thanks for that. They are sitting on a CD and I'd pretty much forgotten the relevant details. Certainly the Hampden had the usual prop texture issues and a non-clickable VC, but is still worth having as its probably the only Hampden we'll ever see in FSX.
    Hi Paul

This was always Alphasim's strength - they often made aircraft that no-one else has done or probably will do.

Granted the VCs in particular do not warrant any comparison with the best available now, but if you really want a certain aircraft, then they have perhaps filled an important gap.

Also, all credit to them for the older aircraft that they have made available as freeware.

Cheers

Paul

I've got loads of them although I haven't bought one for ages. I always liked the easy to use paint kits so you could paint what ever you liked.
    Norwich, a fine city.

A few more Alphasim aircraft in my FsX:

The Grumman Albatros:

The freeware native FsX Bell Cobra:

One of my very favorites; the Osprey:

The Harvard, with photoreal repaint and updated VC textures:

I´m very interested in the updated VC textures of the Harvard.
    Would you please be so kind and send them to me?The paint too,please.
    Thank you
    Michael

Mike, look for 'spat6.zip' at Flightsim.com by Pablo Diaz; it includes both the Spanish AF paint and the VC textures.

This might be a good place to ask again, has anyone besides me had trouble with the S-55 VC? The textures are not being applied to my panel. At first I thought it was an issue with SP2/Accel but everyone else still seems to be using it fine. I asked a few weeks ago in another thread but it was flooded off the first page and interest lost before I got it resolved

My readme says it is v2.2 for FSX and I seem to have all the files, I can even see the dash textures in the folders. Just not in game..

PM me your email. Tomorrow I'll send you my texture and model files.

Done. Thank you.

:salute:

I have several favorites. Even if they didn't start out that way by the time I finished them I learned to appreciate each aircraft. Here's a few Cold War beauties...

Attachment 33475 Attachment 33476
    Attachment 33477 Attachment 33478
    :ernae:

I like this one too.
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Mike, look for 'spat6.zip' at Flightsim.com by Pablo Diaz; it includes both the Spanish AF paint and the VC textures.
    Thanks,works fine.
    Only the new VC textures are not showing and i need a propfix.
    Michael

Who can forget this stubby little terror? Can anyone land this thing without seriously bending it? I bounce this ship even before it hits the ground. As I get close to the runway, it balloons, drifts, ground effects, whatever, back skyward. Up and down we go until it runs out of airspeed and drops into the runway, usually with red and white airplane bits sprinkled about the airport.
    HP Reverb G2

Lol!
    The most time i land it like you.
    Just got it landed with only four hops,but this bumble-bee is really pure fun!
    Michael

I had no idea they made a Gee Bee! I love that little thing. Have seen the San Siego Air/Space museum one.

Is it a freeware or still available?

Great shots PRB and RobH

While I was checking out my old Alphasim aircraft I notice how much I liked the sounds that came with them...

Not sure where to get the old Alphasim planes now. The Viravia site only has three products for sale. I don't think the Gee Bee is freeware yet.
    HP Reverb G2

Members who have read this thread: 3