how many tornadoes for FSX?

Thread: how many tornadoes for FSX?

Question how many tornadoes for FSX?

vote

VIRTAVIA - PANAVIA TORNADO F.3 (Native)

LJL-SIMULATIONS - TORNADO FSX(Native o PO?)

AFS-DESIGN - PANAVIA TORNADO FSX(PO)

UKMIL ADV (Native)

UKMIL IDS
    (Native)

IRIS TORNADO Superpack (PO)

LAGO TORNADO
    (PO)

Videre Vincere Est
    Quote Originally Posted by merida72 View Post
    vote

VIRTAVIA - PANAVIA TORNADO F.3 (Native)

LJL-SIMULATIONS - TORNADO FSX(Native o PO?)

AFS-DESIGN - PANAVIA TORNADO FSX(PO)

UKMIL ADV (Native)

UKMIL IDS
    (Native)

IRIS TORNADO Superpack (PO)

LAGO TORNADO
    (PO)
    Yup, and some (like UKMIL's) are outstanding!

Your point being?

(Edit: hey lookie here! I have 1111 posts :-))

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

icarus
    at least we can't say, we miss a tornado for fsx.

Unfortunately it's been done badly many times.

The Virtavia F3 is my favourite Tornado, the cockpit is pretty decent, although not perfect.

I have the AFS-Design Tornado, but the prop gauges in the cockpit and the blacked out canopy glass in the external view have turned me off that company.

The IRIS Tornado pack is for FS9 and although there have been fixes done for FSX and they work pretty well, it's still an FS9 plane with the inherent issues that brings. But it's free, so that's good.

UKMIL's version is a great rendition and for a worthy cause.

LJL's didn't get great feedback on here so I didn't buy it.

So the only payware Tornado that I'd recommend is the Virtavia F3 and freeware/donationware I'd say IRIS and UKMIL are both worth having.

None of them are in the IRIS A10 or Aerosoft F16 levels of fidelity though.

Blog Entries
    FSX needs a good quality Gr4a.

Ian.

Agreed.

The UKMIL one is a good job and is to be commended, but it's very difficult for freeware/donationware to match the resources that a good quality payware house can bring to bear, particularly with modern aircraft systems.

I'm still hoping the IRIS Eurofighter will emerge though and the Harriers that have been discussed are on my 'must-have' list too.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyE1976 View Post
    Agreed.

The UKMIL one is a good job and is to be commended, but it's very difficult for freeware/donationware to match the resources that a good quality payware house can bring to bear, particularly with modern aircraft systems.

I'm still hoping the IRIS Eurofighter will emerge though and the Harriers that have been discussed are on my 'must-have' list too.
    thank you for your commendation, and yes, for freeware, i will put in as much time as i can to make the models better and better. I think our Gr4 is better than any other due to the payload system and the functioning radar etc etc, which most of the others lack. Also it is still one of the only native ones. As far as i was aware, the AS one was a portover, but i may be wrong.

Agreed, you will never get the full functionality from a freeware product, because thre is little in the way of reward. Most times when we release freeware, we get zero positive feedback. It is difficult to spend hundreds of manhours making a product, that has over 6000 downloads, and you get around 10 emails saying well done. At least payware teams see financial return.

but, I do not do it for the money, or the accolade, but merely for the love of it. I continually make my models better, as I learn so much with each one, but in the end you get what you get with freeware. It is just a shame, that not more of those thousands that leech away for free, never feel to give some thanks.

Anyway, we digress, I would be suprised if any of the big houses make a payware GR4, as the market, as proved by the F3 for AS is not there. The ongoing costs for a payware team are massive now, as most outsource the models to others, so the overheads are getting large, and the GR4 is just not 'wanted' by enough peope. The mass markets for payware is in US/International products. Which is fine, it leaves us small freeware groups to try and fill the gaps

Having tried to create an EE Lightning for FSX and struggled with that I have unbelievable respect for anyone who can do what you guys do.

The AS F3 is native, but also has an FS9 model as part of the package. The two payware developers that I think would be best placed to bring a Tornado GR4 to market would be IRIS as they already have the models, they would just need to be updated to FSX standards and Aerosoft because their German based and have that market.

Without UKMIL and AS/Virtavia it would be hard to find any modern British types for FSX. At least there's hope of a GR9 Harrier sometime in the future.