West Coast SOH'ers, PLEASE READ! Tsunami Wave reported to be bigger....

Thread: West Coast SOH'ers, PLEASE READ! Tsunami Wave reported to be bigger....

West Coast SOH'ers, PLEASE READ! Tsunami Wave reported to be bigger....

It is unknown how big they will be but it is possible that it can get to be very big. Please guys, if your living in low lying area's around the coast, get to higher ground!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42024659...fic/?gt1=43001
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

so far everything is fine in the bay area that I can tell, there were some damaged boats up in the Crecent City area. Highway 1 has been closed temporarily tho as a precaution.
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am ok here, we are protected by Vancouver Island, but my wife is in San Diego in La Jolla right now though because of work. Hopefully it stays as minor as it has been in places like Hawaii.

10:35 AM PST, Cresent City CA is being hit by 8 foot wave, causing some damage.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

10:58am..cnn has full coverage up and down the US west coast...calling it japan survivor search..but they are talking about california waves right now...has me kind of excited..ive seen the warnings before...ive lived in california all my life and have heard/seen the warnings..but dont ever remember seeing a tsunami hit...this is kinda exciting....ofcourse its a down right shame it had to strat with a earthquake in Japan..i feel terrible for them...dont get me wrong...but the fire fighter in me is also all UP wantin to get packed up and go to the coast....

Quote Originally Posted by W. Bleddyn View Post
    I am ok here, we are protected by Vancouver Island, but my wife is in San Diego in La Jolla right now though because of work. Hopefully it stays as minor as it has been in places like Hawaii.
    The La Jolla area of San Diego increases in height above sea level very rapidly as you move away from the shoreline. A mile or so inland you're already at 250-300' elevation. The Mrs. should be fine.