Back-up for Win 7

Thread: Back-up for Win 7

Back-up for Win 7

I need a back-up program for Win 7. Yep . I know . that failed about 8 times since last night. I would like to use a Back-Up Free until next month, then I can pay for a license. I would like to back up to a USB drive which I already have.
    What are Ya'll using?
    Thanks
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

Joe, do you have a Seagate HDD? With Seagates you can buy a second one of any size and backup everything to it.... including your OS. All done with MaxBlast 5 which is free from them and found on the Seagate website. Ocne done you can run the backed up HDD on any computer you want, just like a fresh install.... it's all set to run.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Naw .. Got WD's in there. It took almost 24 hours to get a back-up Sunday. It was 7:45 pm Monday night when I got a good back-up. The default Back-up really stinks.
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

I am really liking Acronis TrueImage Home for backing up my Win7 rigs.
    I don't have the automatic backup feature set up, I still do mine manually. I have intentionally crashed and restored my new Win7 laptop before I started adding my own software to it just to see how well the backups will restore...didn't have any hiccups at all during the backup or restore tasks. I backup onto USB externals on my two laptops. My desktop rig gets backed up via eSata, only because it's faster and I have a docking station with that interface.
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing...cts/trueimage/
    It works good on XP machines too.

I happened to get the 3-user license version on sale at one of the web stores (I think it was from TigerDirect but I don't remember).
    Direct from Acronis' site, 1-license is $50, 3-license is $80 Still not a bad pricetag.

I know I am late into this one, however if anyone is looking for a good backup tool I have been VERY pleased with Macrium Reflect, they have a totally free version which I use on my laptop and more powerful versions for bigger jobs I use the Pro version on my Windows Home Server in addition to the built in backup.

Here is the link to the main site, you will see a free 30 trial and if you poke around the free limited version is there as well. http://www.macrium.com/

The thing I like about it is you can do full image backup and simple on the fly back up of specific files, folders or even a drive with just a couple of clicks. Great little tool, and besides a great price - free is always good, it is simple to use.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!