FSX British Columbia PNW Whistler Released

Thread: FSX British Columbia PNW Whistler Released

FSX British Columbia PNW Whistler Released

Just uploaded to AVSIM Library and FlightSim.com is my FSX BC PNW Whistler scenery. The file is called whistlerbases.zip at both sites. AVSIM has it released already.

Whistler-Green Lake Water Aerodrome (CAE5) is home to Whistler Air and is located approximately 125 kilometres (78 mi) north of Vancouver, British Columbia. This update was designed for Orbx's FTX NA Blue Pacific Northwest (PNW). In addition to the float plane base this scenery enhancement adds the two heliports; Whistler (Hospital) Heliport (CAW4) and Whistler (Municipal) Heliport (CBE9). A number of custom 3ds Max objects were created exclusively for this scenery.

One of the pictures I have posted shows the Whistler Air unique floating log office and dock area. The other picture shows the Whistler Health Care Centre (hospital) with its helipad.

Regards, Mike Mann

Attachment 32815Attachment 32816

Thank you again, this is fantastic. Although I have never flown there in RL, I have driven the Sea to Sky highway to Whistler more times then I can count.

I'm off to fly! Thanks again!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    There was a season of Hells Kitchen where the winner had a shot at being the new Executive Chef at a resort in Whistler, ever since I have been interested in the area. I'll have to check this one out. Thanks!

Thanks Mike, glad to have scenery builder who knows the area!!
    Anneke

Thank you for your favourable comments! Just a heads up that the file is now available for downloading at FlightSim.Com as well as AVSIM Library. This is important because a lot of people are having difficulties with downloading on the revised AVSIM Library site! Uploading the file was equally exciting, it only took me 8 to 10 tries to finally get it right.:isadizzy:

Regards, Mike Mann

Thanks for all your scenery's and repaints Mike. They are very much appreciated. Very nice work

Bill

It is a stunning job. I installed it, flew down from Pemberton. The lake is still frozen. That made for an interesting landing in a Scout Amphibian!!

Beautiful.

Glenn

At least it was an amphib

I had intended to mention in the documentation about the ice on Green Lake in the winter season, but in the end I forgot! Most people won't read the documentation anyway, so I guess it's no biggie.

Regards, Mike Mann

That's the second time I've done that in BC in the last month or so. Last night, I got away with it - no crash detected, but I didn't try to fly out. The short flight down the valley from Pemberton is really beautiful.

Glenn

You could also try using the default Maule Orion on skis (not available with the FSX Standard Edition). You could then takeoff and land on Green Lake without any problems, at least as long as the lake is ice and not water!

Regards, Mike Mann

Charter Member 2012
    mmann,
    Thank you for the scenery.
    This is the first time I'V see Ice on a lake in FSX.

flyer01:salute:

Attachment 32912Attachment 32913
    CFS3-MAW,PTO,DPC Korea, OFF2 and ETO Expansions

FSX Gold Edition

IL-2 Cliffs of Dover

Rise of Flight

DCS A-10C Warthog

Train Simulator 2012

Great shots showing both water and ice on the lake! I wish I had thought of that, so I could have put them in the pdf document.

Regards, Mike Mann

Mike, I know. :salute: I do have several airplanes with skis on them. Poor Flight Planning on my part: I didn't expect it. Next trip. :ernae:

Glenn

Notice. AVSIM Library has reverted back to the original design, when doing so they lost all the uploads done since Sunday. I have uploaded the Whistler scenery again to AVSIM and it should be available again soon at their site. In the meantime FlightSim.Com has the file so it can be downloaded from there.

Regards, Mike Mann

Members who have read this thread: 1