Crash to desktop

Thread: Crash to desktop

Crash to desktop

It's been ages since I had a shot at flight. Started up no problems this morning and flew several very hairy missions (won each of them of course). Went to have another flight this arvo and I have the old problem of the game starting, the title screen coming up and it minimizes to the taskbar. It shows it running in task manager but it will not come up as a full page. What causes this?
    Am running win 7 64 bit
    Core i7 920 (at 4.2 Ghz)
    HD 5850
    loads of ram
    heaps of cooling

I'm not certain what the cause is but the fix (for my system anyway) is to navigate to wherever your 'USIEL" file lives and delete it.

CFS3 will recreate it (requiring you to reset those items in it, controls and 'realism' settings) and then you should be good to go!

pied
    Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak......

It's actually easier to delete the text between the two "Quick Combat" tags in your UISEL file - use notepad. That way you don't lose your settings. Note down the name of the player aircraft while you're there, because 9 times out of 10, that's where the problem lies. Then you can check it thoroughly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Members who have read this thread: 0