OZx Releases Freeware North Plains 1OR4 (NA) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OZx Releases Freeware North Plains 1OR4 (NA)

OZx = CHAMPIONS! :salute:
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

Quote Originally Posted by spotlope View Post
    I've driven past this field many times on my way to the coast and never knew what it was called. Thanks for another PNW addition, you guys. :salute:
    Yep, the last time I deployed to Portland I passed it on my way out to Cannon Beach. I decided I was going to stop there and take a ride on the way back. . . .needless to say, that never happened. I was late getting back and had an appointment to meet up with a "simmer" I had met on the WSP Website and so I missed my chance.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Very cool. Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have the file but for those that don't is the download still available?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I have the file but for those that don't is the download still available?
    As far as I can see it is MIA. I scoured the OZx website and couldn't locate it.
    Google produced no legit download either. Maybe JayKae will chime in and give us a hint...Don

Nope it's not there for me either.

Orbx and OZx had a catastrophic falling out with the announcement of the decision to re-integrate the OZx team back into the Orbx development team.

As a result of this, a hostile environment was created at OZx resulting in a number of members requesting to delete their OZx accounts. Many of the developers that went to Orbx pulled their OZx projects, hence the disappearing software available at OZx. Notice too that just about all reference to OZx on the Orbx site was eliminated as well.

Regards, Mike Mann

...or OzX just rolled North Plains into their new general NA 1.01 freeware download.

On the front of OZx when you go in is Jay Kae's latest complete AU and NA download,updated Jul-11-2011.

AU is still at V3.3, and Libraries are still at 1.1. The only difference is that NA has moved frpm V1.0 to V1.01. When I downloaded the new 1.01, North Plains 1OR4 was now available, along with gliders, etc. lining the field. Now, I hadn't seen 1OR4 before this, so I assume this is the original, just rolled up into NA 1.01. Jay Kae would be better able to answer

As far as titles being completely removed from OZx, I don't see anything obviously missing; Anthony's freeware Brisbane, which I gather created some controversy with the timing of it's release, is available on the OZx site (look under third party add-ons).

Thanks - Rob

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/top...h-plains-1or4/

For those who aren'tr egistered, the author (I assume) has posted

The link has been taken down until further notice, 1OR4 will be rereleased at some point in the future as FTX Freeware.
    MarkH

Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

The author, in this case Alex Goff, is one of those that I alluded to in my earlier post.

Regards, Mike Mann

Quote Originally Posted by mmann View Post
    The author, in this case Alex Goff, is one of those that I alluded to in my earlier post.
    And he has given us a great little strip in 1OR4. These freeware strips are what have made FSX such a pleasure, for which I would say Alex and all the developers deserve our hearty thanks.
    MarkH

Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

1OR4 does come with the 1.01 update,the grass strip ,all the gliders and all but it crashes my system before I can get a mile away from the airport in any direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoe6969 View Post
    1OR4 does come with the 1.01 update,the grass strip ,all the gliders and all but it crashes my system before I can get a mile away from the airport in any direction.
    Correction, 1OR4 is not included in any current OZx releases. I just checked the current version of NA 1.01 and unless 1OR4 has been previously installed it should not be seen.

Currently I'm undecided as to what should happen with the download. I'd rather not penalize users but I have nowhere to host it so if anybody does want it email me at alexgoff94@yahoo.com and I'll send the installer. Feel free to distribute it but please do respect the copyright and do not upload it to any websites for distribution.

After I finish some things I'm currently working on I'll be re-doing the airfield for release at ORBX as freeware. If anybody has any questions please send me an email or PM.

Regards

Alex Goff

E-mail sent

SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Roger, You take wonderful screen shots
    Thank you for sharing them

Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    Roger, You take wonderful screen shots
    Thank you for sharing them
    Thank you:ernae:
    SYSTEM :

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Correction, 1OR4 is not included in any current OZx releases. I just checked the current version of NA 1.01 and unless 1OR4 has been previously installed it should not be seen.

Currently I'm undecided as to what should happen with the download. I'd rather not penalize users but I have nowhere to host it so if anybody does want it email me at alexgoff94@yahoo.com and I'll send the installer. Feel free to distribute it but please do respect the copyright and do not upload it to any websites for distribution.

After I finish some things I'm currently working on I'll be re-doing the airfield for release at ORBX as freeware. If anybody has any questions please send me an email or PM.

Regards

Alex Goff
    I don't need corrected,I did not download 1OR4 before getting the 1.01 update but it is there,the exact same one Roger posted a screenshot of a little earlyer,and yes it does crash FSX every time I fly out of it.

I don't need corrected,I did not download 1OR4 before getting the 1.01 update but it is there,the exact same one Roger posted a screenshot of a little earlyer,and yes it does crash FSX every time I fly out of it.
    Is OZx NA and OZx LIB at the top of your Scenery Library? Is it a crash to desktop or does an error pop up, like g3d.dll? Also does this happen in all directions N,S,E,W? I haven't ever experienced a crash but there may be something with the install that's causing this.

Let me know the specifics and I'll see what I can do

Quote Originally Posted by mmann View Post
    Orbx and OZx had a catastrophic falling out with the announcement of the decision to re-integrate the OZx team back into the Orbx development team.

As a result of this, a hostile environment was created at OZx resulting in a number of members requesting to delete their OZx accounts. Many of the developers that went to Orbx pulled their OZx projects, hence the disappearing software available at OZx. Notice too that just about all reference to OZx on the Orbx site was eliminated as well.

Regards, Mike Mann
    And people used to ask me why I released my stuff independently. Now they know

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    And people used to ask me why I released my stuff independently. Now they know
    For me it was the comments made by you and Jim Dhaenens in the thread Jim started here at SOH titled "To FTX or not to FTX...." that convinced me that it would be best to release my stuff independently as well. With the drama that has played out recently between Orbx and OZx, I have never regretted that decision! Thanks to you both for steering me straight.

Regards, Mike Mann

Mods, please as the original poster of this thread, I do not need to hear about how horrible OZx and Orbx etc were/are once again, please close this thread, I am sick of the speculations and innuendo. It was NOT a fallout between OZx and Orbx at all, but unless you are aware of the mechanics in the background, you will never know the true problem for it is only I who knows what really went down and my lips are sealed. So all of the above comments about what happened between OZx and Orbx can be disregarded for they are rubbish.
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Is OZx NA and OZx LIB at the top of your Scenery Library? Is it a crash to desktop or does an error pop up, like g3d.dll? Also does this happen in all directions N,S,E,W? I haven't ever experienced a crash but there may be something with the install that's causing this.

Let me know the specifics and I'll see what I can do
    The plane stops moving ,turns white for a second then it restarts the flight from the runway.Does not do this anywhere else in NA 1.01.Yes it does this taking of in either direction,and the point it does this is not the same distance each time. No errors pop up.Yes NA and the Libs are at the top.

The plane stops moving ,turns white for a second then it restarts the flight from the runway.Does not do this anywhere else in NA 1.01.Yes it does this taking of in either direction,and the point it does this is not the same distance each time. No errors pop up.Yes NA and the Libs are at the top.
    Do you mean that the aircraft itself is crashing? My apologies if I've misunderstood, there was a problem a few weeks after release in which people who fly with crash detection on would crash due to meshing loading and 3D grass. If that's what's going please send me an email or PM and I'll send you the correct files to stop the crashes.

Yeah Jay I agree time to seal this one up

Ok JayKae and Treeman as you both wish the thread closed, I shall oblige.
    SYSTEM :

Members who have read this thread: 1