Question about doing CFS1/FS98/FS2000 upgrades ????

Thread: Question about doing CFS1/FS98/FS2000 upgrades ????

Question about doing CFS1/FS98/FS2000 upgrades ????

There are a number of CFS1/FS98/FS2000 aircraft which are not available in CFS2 but which would be of use for a number of scenarios.

Would it be worthwhile to upgrade the "Golden Oldies" with new paint jobs, DPs, etc ????
    (Similar to Pepe's overhaul of the Badger)

In some cases the original owners have disappeared off the radar, and some of the aircraft models have a number of "YOU SHALL NOT ......" conditions attached.

What are the overall thoughts as to how this is approached ?????

One aircraft that I have done some work on has some stringent conditions, was considering putting the skins in the skin section with the modified DP attached, and a link to where the aircraft model can be found, it would then be up to the downloder to find and then upgrade the model. Anyone see any problems with that approach ????? Would prefer to have the original creators blessing !!!!!!

My thoughts on that

Seagull V,
    I would think as long as the plane is uploaded in original condition ( panel , textures ect) and was to include optional folders ( new panel, textures ect.) then the original artist really should not mind. You really haven't altered the artists work doing it that way, you are just offering options to it. Taking for granted that all original readmes and credits are given.

Just my 2 cents worth

Dave www.thefreeflightsite.com

Members who have read this thread: 0