Older FS Aircraft that are still Favorites
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Older FS Aircraft that are still Favorites

Older FS Aircraft that are still Favorites

Eaglesofts Cessna Citation II for FSX

Still a Favorite and I fly her regularly

I wish she had more paints

RealAir SF260 - my 2nd ever purchase for FSX and still a favourite. The pilot is downright scary but the 260 is still a great X-country sporter, and no mean aerobat either.

Attachment 32601

I'm a big fan of the default Cessna 172
    Tom Constantine
    -------------------
    TOH Forums
    http://mainescenery.proboards.com/

The default vintage planes included in FS9. Ford Trimotor, Curtiss Jenny (now FSX native), Lockheed Vega, and DeHavilland Comet (now FSX native).
    I also spend quite a lot of time in the FS9 default C-182, for some reason I prefer it to the default FSX C-172...

I keep flying the Sibwings Saab Safir, first FS9, now FSX.
    The same for the maam-sim B-25, which was my first (or second?) payware aircraft. I'm still painting it too...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I LOVE my pic737!! Very old but a must have.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Four FS9 aircraft that have recently found favour in FSX...

Attachment 32626Attachment 32627Attachment 32628Attachment 32629

Alphasim's B-58 and F-101 - still paint both and fly a lot, despite their age and lack of FSX frills.

Attachment 32636Attachment 32639Attachment 32638Attachment 32637

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Blog Entries
    Indeed - that '101 is absolutely awesome in FSX. Thanks in no small part to the recent repaints of a certain talented artist located somewhere in the UK Midlands ...:ernae:
    You've got me thinking about the Hustler ... another delta beauty. How's it in FSX? Gauges, etc.? I should dust that one off. Pierre Lleureux's paints for that were stunning in FS9 ... curious how she is in this sim ....

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    You've got me thinking about the Hustler ... another delta beauty. How's it in FSX? Gauges, etc.? I should dust that one off. Pierre Lleureux's paints for that were stunning in FS9 ... curious how she is in this sim ....

dl
    There are FSX tweaks for the vc around and she flies just fine in FSX. The smoke and afterburner entries in the aircraft.cfg file need a bit of attention. At one time there was talk of her being upgraded to FSX-native but that seems to have been shelved. I have a whole lot of reworked skins in 2048 x 2048 in readiness.....!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Blog Entries
    Excellent news!!

Lookign forward to it. Were the VC tweaks posted anwywhere?

dl

I still have these ones installed.... they are installed HD since they were released!

and this one is even older.....

Here's another favorite,

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CSTUART%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->FSNorthwest.net release of Milton Shupe's Classic Spartan Exec for FSX

Attachment 32666Attachment 32668

They did a nice job...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    RealAir Scout, Carenado 182, (for fs9 Aeroworx B200)

Level-D 767.

I still think it is the best Boeing on the market right now. I'm sure the PMDG NGX will claim that title in the near future though. It is amazing how long the 767 has been around for. The systems' fidelity is second to none. She hand flies like a dream too. Easily one of the best and most important FS addons of all time. :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    I still have these ones installed.... they are installed HD since they were released!

and this one is even older.....
    WOW! What aircraft is this?

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    WOW! What aircraft is this?
    http://www.regshanger.com/Groundcrew...4%20Planes.php

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Another old favourite is this lovely slice of vintage GA - Bill & Lynn Lyons' Luscombe 8A, remade for FSX with their permission by Craig Richardson. It has both float and land-plane versions, and a rather nice passenger courtesy of the spoiler key (/).
    http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=146304://

Attachment 32685Attachment 32686Attachment 32687Attachment 32688

Here's one I love the Lines of

Attachment 32689Attachment 32690Attachment 32691

LionHeart's Sexy Bellance Viking...

I'm very sorry for not have the Name of gentleman the did the FSX updated for LH:salute:

realair scout package gets my vote too, also jf_schweizer_300cbi

Hi Ferry & Huub,
    What mods are required to make this work in FSX Accel? (The GC Bf110)
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    I'm very sorry for not have the Name of gentleman the did the FSX updated for LH:salute:
    That was me. I'm glad you like it.
    It was a fun project. Bill is a great person to work with! :ernae:

N2056 Thank You for all your wonderful Work :salute: :ernae:

Here's my first FX purchase

Attachment 32750Attachment 32751Attachment 32749

with and eagleskinner Paint Thank you Chris

Reviving this thread because I went to install some scenery from my backups and found a little gem I totally forgot because it is stored with my scenery files, not aircraft.

This is the Progressive Aerodyne SeaRey. Obviously an amphib of the home built variety. It is more nicely modelled them my screens show. The little Rotax is sweet! I don't think it was to widely known or used because I believe it only came with FCS - Discover Arabia (which is why it was stored in my scenery folder). I always thought a little amphib an odd choice for a Middle East tour..... but it is a great little plane for bush flying.