Older FS Aircraft that are still Favorites - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Older FS Aircraft that are still Favorites

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    There are FSX tweaks for the vc around and she flies just fine in FSX. The smoke and afterburner entries in the aircraft.cfg file need a bit of attention. At one time there was talk of her being upgraded to FSX-native but that seems to have been shelved. I have a whole lot of reworked skins in 2048 x 2048 in readiness.....!

DaveQ
    Still have it on my drive. I put a whole load of work into getting the exterior up to scratch. Still one day plan to get it released, but needs a new VC to be worthy of release.

But I still want to do it!

I love the B-58 Hustler! : )

Quote Originally Posted by W. Bleddyn View Post
    Reviving this thread because I went to install some scenery from my backups and found a little gem I totally forgot because it is stored with my scenery files, not aircraft.

This is the Progressive Aerodyne SeaRey. Obviously an amphib of the home built variety. It is more nicely modelled them my screens show. The little Rotax is sweet! I don't think it was to widely known or used because I believe it only came with FCS - Discover Arabia (which is why it was stored in my scenery folder). I always thought a little amphib an odd choice for a Middle East tour..... but it is a great little plane for bush flying.

That little bugger looks interesting :salute:

It is a fun little thing. The package is really just the plane and some flight plans, which makes it a bit spendy at $30 US, but I do really like the plane. It has a few liveries as well, a default "Discover Arabia" one, two US, a German one, British one and the Canadian one shown.

There is a youtube vid linked on FCS's site:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwe2DYrfU6Q

If anyone actually is interested buy it from a 3rd party site like fspilotshop.com I just checked and they have it for $29 as opposed to £25 on the FCS site. Save a few $ that way.

This is an aircraft "our own Panther" always used to post ...

Still a classic and the only one we got

Mind if I ask where to grab the Piper?
    Used to fly a real one out of Glasgow a few years back.

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Sorry... about that

Justflight :salute:

Cessna 206 Package from Carenado was my favorite bush plane for a long :salute:Attachment 33832Attachment 33833

This was a update to FX and I used to fly it all the time FriendlyPanel
    when first start using FX :salute:

its older but I like it Attachment 34186Attachment 34185Attachment 34179Attachment 34184

Hey Doublecool, is that the default FS9 C-108 Floats ?
    I transfered it in my FSX hangar recently, but the default interior textures don't look as good as in your shots. Where did you get this updated version ?

No it the Friendlypanels Cessna 675 for FX
    I purchased the FS9 Version way back and the FSX was free :salute:

Ah ok. Strange, it really looks like the defaut one...
    Thanks anyway

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Overshoe View Post
    I'm a big fan of the default Cessna 172
    I'm witchoo, Tom; of all the "default" aircraft, the 172's probably best in show, when it comes to an overall-nice, little multi-purpose cab. I see it as a bit of a beauty that tends to get short shrift.
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

The Default Piper Cub J3.
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida