What have you Gentlemen...Grumman Trader anyone? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What have you Gentlemen...Grumman Trader anyone?

I don't think I will ever upgrade from FS2004 as they are on my sim, loads of aeroplanes that have flown and loved in the real world, including Dave Molyneaux's Austers, Rick Piper's Chipmunk, the Eurostar and on and on.......

As to a wish list, well one is coming off soon in the form of Keith Paine's Piston Provost, but if I did have a wish, would be for the Boulton Paul Balliol and the Pilatus P2.

As to the Grumman Tracker/Trader effort, a few weeks ago I went into a local secondhand bookshop and bought a number of Squadron Signal profiles, including one on the Tracker family. Its only going to gather dust on my bookshelf, so looks now if it needs a good home to go too. If Milton would like it, please by all means PM me and I'll pop it into the post.

Cheers,

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by T6flyer View Post
    As to a wish list, well one is coming off soon in the form of Keith Paine's Piston Provost, but if I did have a wish, would be for the Boulton Paul Balliol .....
    Itosan modelled the Balliol (well, the Sea Balliol) and there is a Balliol repaint by UKMIL, all over at Flightsim; guess the FDE will need changing though.
    Andy

E-1! Cant wait for it! Thanks Milton. (Oh and thanks in advance for the Dash-7 too!)

"If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Itosan modelled the Balliol (well, the Sea Balliol) and there is a Balliol repaint by UKMIL, all over at Flightsim; guess the FDE will need changing though.
    I supplied Kazunori with all of the Balliol information together with details for a few others including the Auster AOP9, which has since been modelled by Dave Molyneaux. For some reason, since a little kid the Balliol has always appealed to me. Don't know why, just has and such a shame that there is only the Sea Balliol at Cosford and two airframes left in Sri Lanka. Presume now would make a good warbird trainer with its side by side seating and Merlin engine.

Vickers Windsor sounds tempting. I did send Mr.Ito the plans, but sadly the project wasnt started.

Martin

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Does anyone have access to some dimensional drawings for the Tracker/Trader? I am mainly concerned with the fuselage shapes and dimensions. Just not happy with the very nice 3-views I have.
    LOL! Holy roller coasters...Here we go again...'Cackety-clack, clackety-clack, Dounga-dounga, dounga-dounga...' (icon:just better ask my shrink first...Heh! where's he gone...Milton! Where are you doc?:icon)
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    LOL! Holy roller coasters...Here we go again...'Cackety-clack, clackety-clack, Dounga-dounga, dounga-dounga...' (icon:just better ask my shrink first...Heh! where's he gone...Milton! Where are you doc?:icon)
    Well, I am here although not as often as I was. Just spent the last few months preparing for, and implementing job retirement plans. Mostly now done and planning some travels.

I have tried to get excited by this project but the lack of good fuselage dimensional data means a long struggle to get the fuselage right. So, I am still looking and gathering, familiarizing and discerning, and hopefully can get prepared for a Fall/Winter project.

With the many variations in the S2F-1, -2, -3, and C-1A, and E-1B, a strategy needs to evolve.

Meanwhile, as an SOH project, I would ask you to take care of sounds, PRB to handle the panel and gauges, Smoothie to head up the primary textures, maybe ROBCAP to do the VC if interested, and hopefully Fliger to lend his expertise on the flight model.

Obviously, I am open to any help with any aspect if SOH members wish to jump in.

I will commit to at least one exterior model for now, maybe a few variants, but would be willing to share completed gmax source with anyone wishing to contribute.

Meanwhile, if anyone has access to one of the variants, I would love to have some interior fuselage width and height measurements at key points.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by T6flyer View Post
    ... snipped...

As to the Grumman Tracker/Trader effort, a few weeks ago I went into a local secondhand bookshop and bought a number of Squadron Signal profiles, including one on the Tracker family. Its only going to gather dust on my bookshelf, so looks now if it needs a good home to go too. If Milton would like it, please by all means PM me and I'll pop it into the post.

Cheers,

Martin
    Martin, thank you for your very kind offer. I suspect this book would be most helpful to repainters. If you agree, maybe you could make some of its contents available in the project thread once we get a launch. Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Uncle Milton,

I can step up and do an FSX native conversion for users that don't want portovers.:ernae:

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    Uncle Milton,

I can step up and do an FSX native conversion for users that don't want portovers.:ernae:
    That works for me; thank you
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members +
    Blog Entries
    I've had this in the file of stoof stuff-

Thank you Lazurus
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

This shows why engineering drawings and dimensions or access to the real aircraft is helpful.

This graphic is of a scaled drawing resized in gmax to real world so that the fuselage can be shaped. The width of the lines is 4 inches (between the red marks). So, side to side one could be off up to 8 inches.

Anyhow, I have started building fuselage of the S2F-3 (longer than the S2F-1 & 2). The same fuselage will be used as the basis for the C-1A and the E-1B.

I will start a new thread for the project.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Having just taken my son to the Naval Aviation Museum a couple of weeks ago, I'd LOVE a TRACKER/TRADER/WILLY FUDD!!!

Marc Burcham:salute::salute::salute:
    Marc H. Burcham
    Stone Mountain, Georgia

Members who have read this thread: 9