What have you Gentlemen...Grumman Trader anyone? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What have you Gentlemen...Grumman Trader anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    :salute: For the sounds: at your service, Milton. I've already decided on new separate 'from scratch' sounds for the A-26 and F7F anyway, and this aircraft would be extra incentive. Still not satisfied with the existing ones! I've found some nice start-up and taxi sounds and think I'll put up a new thread encouraging members to take full advantage of the oncoming airshow season.
    Just an opinion but I find that the sounds for Tim Conrad's T-28 Trojan seem to nicely replicate that "clattering" sound that seems common to it and the Tracker as well.

N.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I have done the research on teh C-1A, E-1B, and S2F-n. If I do this, it will be as an SOH project so therefore will need other SOH's to step up to the plate for panel/gauges/sounds
    I'll go to the Aviodrome with Ferry some time soon, and take pictures of the Tracker interior there.

Cheers, Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

There is a Tracker over at the Cavanaugh. Big ship when you see it up close.

http://www.cavanaughflightmuseum.com/Tracker.htm

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye52 View Post
    Here is a totally overlooked B I G round-engined airplane that lost to the P2V Neptune.
    Always liked the design of the Mercator as well. Interesting mix of prop & jet power.

Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    I'll go to the Aviodrome with Ferry some time soon, and take pictures of the Tracker interior there.

Cheers, Rob
    That would be great Rob! Would you like to do the VC model for it if I do the exterior?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Hey Guys....

Anyone hve any interest in the BT-13 A&B ?

Chris

http://topflightsimulation.yolasite....d-projects.php

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grumman Tracker/Trader W is in P!

:salute: ...looks like things catch on fast here at SOH!!!

Milton, Robcap, Smoothie seem eager on this (project)!!!

Work this end, is already in sure progress! I'm surprised at the amount of sound material I've already been able to accumulate for the Wright R-1820-82 Cyclone. All of it, I may add; 100 percent Grumman Tracker. What's more, good internal recordings (very rare indeed!). So for this ship, all stops are going to be pulled for quality from the outset! Going to need AUTHENTIC internal sounds for starters, flaps and gear retraction though, and these may prove harder to obtain. Anyone with 'access' to 'Grumman Tracker/Trader flyers' would be of invaluable assistance in this respect, so come on Gents!

Will have some WIP wav. files up here before long, so keep your eyes/ears open!

Cheers to all, :ernae: Nigel

Oops! ..nearly forgot, there are some really handsome fire-tanker versions still flying too,
    so no lack of variety with this bird!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanmann View Post
    The Lockheed AH-56 Cheyenne is at the top of my list. Fixed wing, pusher-prop and a rotor. The best of both worlds I think. A long time favorite of mine.
    Mine as well... I would have loved to have one for FS9. The Cheyenne was FAST, agile and lethal. It could fly sideways at 60mph (not that having the capability to do that was a nessesary trait) and had it seen action in, let's say... Vietnam, the ship would have been a real asset to the Army. Unfortunately, cost over-runs and missed deadlines killed the project.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

After the talk of the L10 I ordered 'around the world in 80 flights' from FCS (well second hand from Amazon actually) for under £5 including postage, it includes an L10E, time will tell if it's nice or not, but for the money, minimal risk. I have the 'Discover Europe' pack which includes a rather nice Tripacer, got that for even less on Amazon. The plane is by Daniel Dunn (Damokum?), responsible for many kites in my hanger, Wellington, Hawker heroes (3 of them), WWI fighters, Early years of flight, etc. Those I like, so hoping this one is his too.

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    After the talk of the L10 I ordered 'around the world in 80 flights' from FCS (well second hand from Amazon actually) for under £5 including postage, it includes an L10E, time will tell if it's nice or not, but for the money, minimal risk. I have the 'Discover Europe' pack which includes a rather nice Tripacer, got that for even less on Amazon. The planes are by Daniel Dunn (Damokum?), responsible for many kites in my hanger, Wellington, Hawker heroes (3 of them), WWI fighters, Early years of flight, etc. Those I like, so hoping this one is his too.

Jamie
    Actually, that electra is a bit of a letdown, very basic. I love the flights though and don't regret buying it. I'd also recommend discover Great Britain that comes with a really nice Auster.

WWI started because some bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich because he was hungry.

If Milton/SOH is building an S-2/C-1/E-1 Tracker/Tracer/Trader etc., I'll step up and take a whack at the panel and gauges. If the F7F temp panel was "sticking my toe in the water", I've a feeling this will be like going over Niagra Falls in a barrel, but I'm up for it.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

I'd be happy to help too, jack of all trades master of none, so I could help were I can. Modelling is not included as Milton uses Gmax/max, only got as far as FSDS.

The Elactra arrived today, a mixed bag, the model and textures are nice enough. The FM is way off centre CoG wise, and a mare to trim ( if I could master the AP, that wouldn't be an issue, lol) The sound is nice, especially at higher revs. 2D is okay, but lacks some minor switches, etc. VC is nice, clickable as far as I've noticed.

The downsides are okay by me,I can fix them, The basic model and VC are pretty good, the rest I can tinker, lol.

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    Same here.

But my wishlist #1 clearly is this one:

I know there's a quite nice L.10 Electra done years ago, but just imagine Milton's magic applied on this gal...

Cheers,
    Markus.
    http://mainescenery.proboards.com/in...d=11182&page=1
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

That's an interesting preview, Roger!

But considering the water and sky textures, I'd presume this one is going to become a FSX release, eh?

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looks nice Roger,

hope they make, firstly, it for FS9 and secondly, a Sidney Cotton version with teardrop windows and in a nice shade of Como-tint/sky :d

http://www.adastron.com/lockheed/electra/sidcotton.htm

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    That would be great Rob! Would you like to do the VC model for it if I do the exterior?
    I might, but I have another project up my sleeve first!
    It's very tempting, and I'd love to work on it when the time is right.
    I'll start by takeing the pictures with Ferror, and some measurements.

Cheers, Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    Looks nice Roger,

hope they make, firstly, it for FS9 and secondly, a Sidney Cotton version with teardrop windows and in a nice shade of Como-tint/sky :d

http://www.adastron.com/lockheed/electra/sidcotton.htm

Jamie
    GAS tend to make for both sims but I can't be sure.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    I might, but I have another project up my sleeve first!
    It's very tempting, and I'd love to work on it when the time is right.
    I'll start by takeing the pictures with Ferror, and some measurements.

Cheers, Rob
    That sounds great! BTW, I won't be able to start on it for awhile either. And, if you would prefer to do the exterior and interior yourself, I will share all my research and manuals with you to help out. Otherwise, I would be honored to work with you.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Engineering Drawings

Does anyone have access to some dimensional drawings for the Tracker/Trader? I am mainly concerned with the fuselage shapes and dimensions. Just not happy with the very nice 3-views I have.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Milton,

Glad to see this is still on your to-do list.

Sorry I can't offer any help except for this bump to keep the thread up in hopes someone who can help will see it.

One of the most detailed and difficult things for me to do is to get the fuselage and "face" correct as that is the true identity of the aircraft. Although I have fairly nice 3-views to work from, scaling them up then trying to get the fuselage shape, width, height exactly right is nothing more than the artist's eye at work when one has no dimensions or engineering drawings to validate the results.

I have begun putting the "jig" together but so far am unhappy with the "blind" challenge of guessing. It would be helpful to have a few interior width dimensions at key points to put me in the ball park. Those scaled-up drawing lines get to be 4 inches thick at full scale.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

no engineering drawings, but...

have you got these 3-views?

http://richard.ferriere.free.fr/3vues/s2e_1_3v.jpg
    http://richard.ferriere.free.fr/3vues/s2e_2_3v.jpg

andhave you tried here?

http://www.the-blueprints.com/
    some rubbish, but one of them is nice and large.

there are some good ones on this guys flickr page, you can zoom in.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jylascurain/4631304616/

doesn't Abacus have one? And do they still have the free trial period?

also http://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2010/08/stoof.html

Thanks JDT. Some of that is new to me and can be helpful.

I am still looking for dimensions, mainly for the fuselage.

Thank you very much.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 9