Alpahasims 'FSX compatible' Hampden prop discs

Thread: Alpahasims 'FSX compatible' Hampden prop discs

Alpahasims 'FSX compatible' Hampden prop discs

Its a familiar problem, and I've tried substituting the prop disc textures with those from the FSX-ed Halifax. This measure worked well on Plane Design's FS9 Lancastrian, but has no effect on the Alphasim Hampden which allegedly is FSX compatible.

Is anyone familiar with a fix, or able to guide me in fixing it myself ?

Any help would be gratefully received because I always thought this was one of Alphasim's most enjoyable creations and I'd love to have her in FSX.

Paul,
    I have a old zip file that has 3 dds prop files in it which will correct the problem. They are not perfect but will be a vast improvement over what you now have.

PM me your email address and I'll send it right over.

I agree, it's a really cool plane!

Best,
    mal

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    Paul,
    I have a old zip file that has 3 dds prop files in it which will correct the problem. They are not perfect but will be a vast improvement over what you now have.

PM me your email address and I'll send it right over.

I agree, it's a really cool plane!

Best,
    mal
    Mal, have PM'd you my email address.

Paul,
    you and Tommy should now have that file.

mal

Mal, I dropped the three .dds textures in to the Texture folders , but its made no difference as you can see. Its the same problem, no matter which airport its at

Are these replacement textures intended for the FS9 version ( file name ALPHA Hampden FS9.zip ) so it can be ported over to FSX or are they for the supposedly FSX-compatible version ( file name ALPHA Hampden FSX v1_1.zip ) ?

Paul,
    let me check again. The AS zip file I have for the plane is for FSX, so it could be the files in that zip are already fixed. But i'll check it and let you know.

OKay Mal. Just for your info, when the FSX Hampden is first installed, there is only one prop texture. Its called prop_3.bmp. I took that out and dropped the replacement three .DDS textures in. I also tried putting Prop_3.bmp back in, alongside the .dds ones, but again, no effect

Paul,
    which zip file are you using for the Hampden? Is it the FS9 version?

No, I'm using the FSX one...ALPHA Hampden FSX v1_1.zip. Does the FS9 one work in FSX ?

wierd, the fsx zip file i have has 3 bmp prop files in it.

of course the 3 bmps don't work and the 3 dds files i sent you, replace those bmps.

i'm going to send you a different zip. you'll get a link in your email

are you on SKYPE?

You probably already realise this but sometimes you need to exit the sim completely + re launch. Also need to remove/disable the bmp files so there are just the DDS ones in the folder.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

yes, on skype now, paul.victor.kirkland

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    You probably already realise this but sometimes you need to exit the sim completely + re launch. Also need to remove/disable the bmp files so there are just the DDS ones in the folder.
    Yep, done all that Expat. Still no worky though.

I believe this issue is not related to the texture.
    The texture will only determine how much transparent the prop will be. Here, the prop is preventing the autogen objects to display, this is a modelling issue, not a texture issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I believe this issue is not related to the texture.
    The texture will only determine how much transparent the prop will be. Here, the prop is preventing the autogen objects to display, this is a modelling issue, not a texture issue.
    Daube, you could well be right. It appears that the version of the FSX Hampden I had was faulty. Strange, because it was downloaded from the old Alphasim site. Mal998 has since provided me with another one, which actually predates the one I have and which, upon replacing the prop textures with ones he also supplied, has resolved the problem.

Anyway, its nice to have her back. She epitomises what Alphasim was famous for; the less well known, the less 'sexy', the unusual, different and interesting.

Attachment 32437

Mal, thanks again for all your help with this, and it was a pleasure talking to you on Skype.

In answer to your query as to whether the VC was clickable in the original Hampden I was using...no, it isn't. The problem is common to both of them

You are very welcome Paul.

As for the non-clickable VC, I have no clue as to why the switches and tool tips do not work...another Flightsim Mystery! :isadizzy:

Members who have read this thread: 0