Gary Jones has released a rather nice DH Dove Sound File

Thread: Gary Jones has released a rather nice DH Dove Sound File

Cedar Key - Or so Old John MacDonald would say

Gary Jones has released a rather nice DH Dove Sound File

Evening all

Gary just passed down a really nice updated sound file for Derek Palmer's Dove over at the Pond.
    Unlike that which has gone before it captures the deep bass sounds made by the
    Three bladed props -- needless to say its about the only model it can used for
    If you wish a comparison - download his Rapide sounds (also twin GQs) you will see the difference immeadiatly -- having flown a little in Doves I can vouch for the authenticity.

Leif
    www.Britsim.com

SOH-CM-2020
    Thanks for the info Leif

Downloading them now.

Pete.

Ooh, on my way!

Always had a soft spot for the Dove, ever since I saw them flying into Jersey on a childhood holiday.
    Andy

thanks for the HU Leif

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar
    Yes, many thanks, Leif. Looking forward to trying-out this soundpack!

Cheers,
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

Thanks a lot for this HU, Leif!
    Downloading as I type - a 21 MB sound pack for a rather tiny engine sounds very promising...

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WB - Tiny? the GQ? never!!!
    It was the top of the Gypsy line and a workhorse for many years.
    as to both Gary and Neville's sound files - I agree they are large - but you get the best - they are sampling from Video, archived sounds and recordings of the real thing they both admit to adding miscellanous bits and pieces from MSFS to cover things like switches etc, however for a long time there have been errors in the Dove/Devon sound files -- using the DH Comet sounds from FS2004 doesnt make me for and others who knew the Dove - one thing that stands out is the Dove was Pneumatic aircraft - flaps,gear brakes all air driven plus the fact that the Dove with the three bladed prop made a totally different sound than the Heron or Rapide.

So its simple - if you dont like the idea of 21mb download then continue to use what you
    have now, Personally for me they dont come any better than Gary Jones sounds or Nev Hepurns either.

Sorry folks - I'll take my soapbox and go quietly.

Actually, I believe Markus was expressing excitment about a large sound folder as I am. That usually means a lot of attention to details.
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

That's it!
    Sorry for being mistaken - please keep in mind that english still is a foreign language for me...

I'd never complain about d/l sizes (isn't DSL a great invention?), for nobody forces me to download anything - and I'd never ever mock about anything that's given me for free!

After a quick "relief flight" with my RNZAF Dove (shipping volunteers to Christchurch to clean up this terrible mess down there...), I must state that these sounds are nothing less than awesome!
    They lift this Dove/Devon to a whole new level of enjoyment!

Outstanding work!

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2020
    The new Dove sounds are awesome

Thanks Gary. :ernae:

Pete.

Sorry I misunderstood

Yes they are incredible -- I had some folks p*ss and Moan about Ted Cooks Sheriff being such a large file...the main reason being Ted included Gary's twin o-360 sounds in the package...which make the model all the more enjoyable.

BTW for those who also go to the dark side -- you should get Nev's Derwent sounds and have them aliased to Rob Richardsons Meatbox NF14 when it arrives -- I have been flying Rick Pipers
    Meteor T7 with them and they are also nothing short of Spectacular!!!

Leif

You did it proud Claudius!! :salute:

Gary really does have an ear for these things.

Leif

Thanks to all you guys for the kind comments, it makes it all worthwhile, glad you like them.
    Thanks to Claudius24 for that terrific video on simtube:salute:

Gary

I'm finding this DH Dove sound set sounds great in the FS9 Beech Baron. The FS9 Baron looks so crude by todays standards of modeling. Downloading Eric Dantes Beechcraft Twin Bonanza "Jo Jo" to try them out in it, which was a pretty nicely modeled twin. Should be a great match in it too.

Thank you Gary Jones for providing such a nice variety of new engine sound sets!

Eric's Twin Bonanza is my all-time favourite runabout. I've never seen a real one so I don't know what it should sound like, but I run with the TS soundset from this file (on flightsim)...nice open-pipe startup sounds.
    MikeW

Name: twinstar.zip Size: 17,727,151 Date: 08-08-2007 Downloads: 4,748
    FS2004/FSX Twinstar Beechcraft Twin Bonanza with new paint scheme, interior and panel modification. Includes a choice of two sound sets. Original model by Eric Dantes. Mods by Chris Tuinstra.