HELP - FSX Activation

Thread: HELP - FSX Activation

Blog Entries

Exclamation HELP - FSX Activation

I decided to do a fresh FSX install.

Uninstalled FSX Accel (using control panel uninstal)
    Uninstalled FSX (")
    Reinstalled FSX
    Was not prompted for FSX Activation, so FSX Accel won't install. FSX itself runs ... though

Uninstalled again, this time using the Disk uninstall feature - reinstalled - same results.

Running Windows XP + FSX Gold - no change to OS of any kind.

Any help appreciated. This really stinks.

dl

After uninstalling, run a registry cleaner program, such as the one that is part of CCleaner. Maybe there is something being left behind in the registry during the uninstall, so that it never trips the activation trigger when you reinstall it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks A,

Before work this morning, ran a quick freeware registry checker - found 600+ errors. The checker could only fix 10 errors. Bummer - that can't be good.

So, any registry fixing tools (freeware or payware) that you folks would recommend?

If that fails, I am contemplating reformatting C too (not looking forward to that) - as a last resort. Have all my Dell disks, so should be do-able.

thanks,

The one that I use is part of the CCleaner program. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

So far it has been able to fix all problems it's encountered.

Blog Entries
    in general, when you get something that is dree and finds so many errors, the rule of thimb is rn. run far, run fast.. because in general, thats a sign of scamware, and it can hurt your system badly.. Although CCleaner is a but more complex, i wont recommend anything else..

CCleaner is nice

Regards,
    Stratobat
    'If the literal sense makes good sense, seek no other sense lest you come up with nonsense'

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys (and gal! you're all awesome.

In the end, I chose to reformat the C: on HDD and reinstall windows. Am doing it now, in fact (while on my work laptop).

So last question: given that I will have Kapersky Internet Security 2011 as my AV software, will there be any clashes with CCleaner? Sometimes I have a hard time knowing where the "cleanup" scope of something like Kapersky ends and CCleaner begins.

thanks,

dl

I'm running KIS 2011 with CCleaner on Windows XP SP3.

Both have, thus far, been playing nicely together.

Regards,
    Stratobat
    'If the literal sense makes good sense, seek no other sense lest you come up with nonsense'

Members who have read this thread: 0