What, you haven't build your own flyable Stuka yet?

Thread: What, you haven't build your own flyable Stuka yet?

Nausicaa

What, you haven't build your own flyable Stuka yet?

get going !

[youtube]rIUpvtoX0_E[/youtube]

Wow!

That's cool.
    I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine.
    Bertrand Russell
    British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)

i wondr what scale that is?

NO F'n Way!
    with siren!

he should have a trip down to London or Portsmouth, or the Ardennes or the Maginot line or somewhere...

We can complain about Il2 defects or omissions, but after a quick reality check with the competitors' products we go back to father Oleg as a bunch of prodigal sons.

Insuber

Man, I'd be looking for something to dive bomb!!

Anything would do.....
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

smoores
    Where do air raid sirens fall under "Noise abatement procedures" ?

Very nice replica. Probably not any smaller than 1/2 scale. The Ju-87 was a fairly large single engine aircraft. The reason I believe it's not 1 to 1 is that the top of the rudder should be over a man's head and so should the wing tips. The landing gear might not be as long as it should be either, so it is not standing as tall as it could. Here are some pictures. The first 2 are of what I believe is the subject plane at a Maine Fly-In. The others are of the real deal with men in them to give some perspective. Great plane replica none the less. If it was sceaming down on me, I would be in the ditch in "ein Augenblick" and not worrying about the scale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's actually a 7/10 scale replica built by a gentleman by the name of Louis Langhurst back in the late 70's. I remember reading about it in 'Sport Aviation', the magazine put out by the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) :mixedsmi:
    Regards,
    Robert

imagine the crowd at duxford, like... 20 000 people.
    then, as surpise guests, having half a dozen of these birds suddenly, unannounced, dropping inverted out of the sun, sirens, dummy bombs and all.

:costumes::costumes:

nothing for old or weak hearts!

We can complain about Il2 defects or omissions, but after a quick reality check with the competitors' products we go back to father Oleg as a bunch of prodigal sons.

Insuber

70% of the origanal size and built from scratch. Quite an undertaking and fine work. I just noticed that all but 1 of my pics are of a D series and the replica is of an earlier B or C series which was a smaller aircraft, I believe. Thanks for the info N2056!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Und zo.. would a 7/10 scale 230Kg bomb only hurt 2/3 as much or would the embarrassing stain in your shorts only be 2/3 a large?

Rob

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    Und zo.. would a 7/10 scale 230Kg bomb only hurt 2/3 as much or would the embarrassing stain in your shorts only be 2/3 a large?

Rob
    That was funny, but should I only laugh 7/10's as much as I normally would? :costumes:
    Regards,
    Robert

Members who have read this thread: 0