Alphasim A-3 Skywarrior?

Thread: Alphasim A-3 Skywarrior?

Alphasim A-3 Skywarrior?

Does anyone know where i can buy the FSX version online? (I know its a port but i want it.)
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Good question. Can't find it anywhere.

Maybe it'll pop up at the store on Flightsim.com at one point. They have been adding ex-Alphasim payware for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Good question. Can't find it anywhere.

Maybe it'll pop up at the store on Flightsim.com at one point. They have been adding ex-Alphasim payware for a while now.
    I hope so to.
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

I have been using their fs9 with no problems, still available on their freeware page........http://www.easyfly.co.nz/Freeware/index.php?dir=/USA
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Yeah, I'm not really sure what they updated for the FSX version. I owned the FS9 release, and excitedly bought the FSX version when it came out. After all, they'd done nice native FSX upgrades of the B-36, F7U, F11F, etc, so I expected this'd be the same style upgrade.

Nope, FS8 SDK, incompatible with DX10. Installed it, uninstalled it, and the Zip has sat forlornly on my hard drive since.

I'd sell it to you super-cheap if there was a legal way to do that, but I don't think there really is...

The Alphasim whale FSX portover has surfaced again as Virtavia - A-3B Skywarrior at the FlightSim Pilot Shop:

http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_i...oducts_id=3048

Attachment 32935

Remeber, DX9-only on this one, folks. Loved it in FS9, but it was my most disappointing FSX purchase since I run in DX10.

(Prior to its release, AlphaSim had ported many FS9 planes, like the B-36 and F11F, to the FSX SDK, so I made the mistake of assuming they'd done that here.)

Well, this one IRL was reputed to be Ed Heinemann's favorite and in FS one I fly and admire a lot. I also bought the FSX "compatible" one -even though I got the FS9 one to port to FSX OK - as I liked the added detail, new models (tanker; electric) and they look great with some of Pierre's dirty paints.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 1