muzzle flash effects in FSX

Thread: muzzle flash effects in FSX

muzzle flash effects in FSX

Trying to implement machine gun/cannon flash and sound effects on a freeware
    FSX WW2 fighter. I remember that there was some other WW2 fighter that had those
    effects and could "borrow" those effect files for whatever plane you wanted it for.

Thanks.....

Rob Barendregt did a set for the Flight Replicas Me-262 and also for the RealAir Spitfire. They should be available on the Avsim library. To use them you have to add the gauge to the [VCockpit01] section of the panel.cfg file and the flashes to the [lights] section of the air.cfg file. The latter you have to work out by trial and error.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

I believe the Iris P40 also has muzzle flashes.

best

nio

You could use cfs2 effects, if you still have CFS2 hanging around somewhere. Just copy the fsx files in the FSX effects directory. If you have the FSX SDK you can use the fx tool to try them out or manipulate them. Most of the effects work in FSX.
    In fact, by comparing the FX files, I get the impression that some developers also know that :-)

Cheers,
    Mark

Members who have read this thread: 2