The Collimated HUD

Thread: The Collimated HUD

The Collimated HUD

The Collimated HUD has been a topic of occasional discussion and i had promised to provide a sample of the parts and material settings used to produce these in FS .
    Below is a link to a MAX9 / Gmax file comprised of the bitmaps, parts, animation and material properties used to produce the horizon following version developed for use in fighter aircraft.

Collimated HUD Download

There is a duplicate post in the Aircraft Design Forum for posterity , Should the moderators wish to put a copy of the file in the SOH library they have my blessing .

Please post any questions regarding its use and installation in the Aircraft Design Forum.

C.J

That's generous, thanks!
    But, could you also please make a Gmax version?

Cheers. Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Done , the file was reuploded and includes a Gmax file now as well , i needed to dust off Gmax first, it was a trip down memory lane, we had spent a lot of quality time together .
    Cheers

Collimated HUD Download

very generous

thanks,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

HI Chuck!
    Many thanks!!
    I really appreciate your help .
    By the way I thank you also for all the advises and tips you're giving on different forum: it allows some new start designers like me to learn a lot!!
    Thanks!:ernae:
    Regards,
    Sylvain

How does one install this?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Thank you, Chuck. This will help a lot of users, as well as developers.
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

I am looking forward to flying the results myself, a number of Dev’s have been sent this already and i noticed it was in a " way cool " project sent to me for tinkering recently, that reminded me of a promise to put this into the public domain and the Chinese New Year was a perfect opportunity .<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    Regarding any questions about its use , please post them in the aircraft design forum so the topic & answers will be easy to find in the future .<o></o>

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, Chuck! I hope it will find its way in many a plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Jodry-VJPL View Post
    Done , the file was reuploded and includes a Gmax file now as well , i needed to dust off Gmax first, it was a trip down memory lane, we had spent a lot of quality time together .
    Cheers

Collimated HUD Download
    Thanks for the quick service. I'll give it a look over. Might come in handy ;-)

Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Members who have read this thread: 0