A2A Spitfire out! - Page 5
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: A2A Spitfire out!

I was wondering the same thing - the early Mark 1 with flat canopy and Watts/Weybridge prop would be an almost perfect match.
    Last edited by SADT; December 31st, 2013 at 17:01.
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenop View Post
    For me, this is the BEST prop plane EVER done for FSX:
    - engine model as never seen before: even your spark plugs can get dirty and effect performance!
    Thanks A2A!!
    All the birds have always had spark plug fouling modeled.. I am unsure how it affects this V-12 as I have yet to fly it. I have always had to be mindful on the B377, P47, J-3, and B-17 as idling to low will foul out the plugs. Reading through the Spit manuals though you need to rev the engine above 2000RPM while in cruise for every 20 minutes you cruise at 1800RPM. So looks like they have taken it to the next level!
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Crashed and burned! In more ways than one! PAPA out!! Haha love this aircraft!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pilottj View Post
    anyone care to adapt the prototype K5054's paint scheme to the MkIa?

Attachment 29703

+1

That would be a nice addition.

She is a moody one. Flying on 1/2 tanks and very easy on the throttle,pull back the rpms,rad flaps always open with a outside temp in the mid 40s and I am yet to land without the engine smoking like crazy or on fire. This is with the earlier models. The later one I can abuse and get away with it.
    Did a quick scan and I see there is a radiator pressure relief valve. Where?
    I am always seeing high water temps and hear what I guess is steam.

Charter Member 2012
    What a great airplane... best stall characteristics of any sim-prop I've flown and there have been many. Awesome physics in all respects. Was going to wait for the P51 but glad I didn't And still pining for an accusim Dora hehe.

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Barfly View Post
    And still pining for an accusim Dora hehe.
    scott said over on their forums the other week that the fw190 got pushed aside for the accusim stuff.
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

This is my first Accu-Sim fighter and I am loving the experience. I always fly by the manual anyway, but to have the consequences of inattention or mishandling modelled does add something. Not fear, exactly, but it certainly keeps me on my toes. I'm getting to the point where I feel could confidently trash a real Merlin!

just been playing around with the paint kit

Roll to right

Wonderful aircraft. However on all models I have a very slight roll to the right that I constantly have to correct. Is anyone else getting this (ie drag modeled in) or is it a problem my end.
    Great fun so far flying it and scanning all the gauges carefully.

Woody

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    just been playing around with the paint kit
    Very nice Aussie scheme

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWeevil View Post
    This is my first Accu-Sim fighter and I am loving the experience. I always fly by the manual anyway, but to have the consequences of inattention or mishandling modelled does add something. Not fear, exactly, but it certainly keeps me on my toes. I'm getting to the point where I feel could confidently trash a real Merlin!
    Glad everyone is liking it. Accu-sim adds all sorts, and what comes with the engine mangement and the way we save the data is that you end up over time owning your own spitfire, with its own wear and tear, its own engine. Your spit at the same power settings as another will not produce for example the same speed or quite the same handling because of how it has been treated in the past. I just love that aspect of owning my own aircraft. Being able to say it is like this because of me, because I have ben careful I can get this much speed out of it at x altitude with x amount of hours on the airframe the engine etc.

What we have noticed and are very happy about is how people on our forums are now posting how many hours they have on 'there' aircraft, this is particulary true with the B-17 at the moment. People posting there engine hours and how long they have flying one particular paint. I just love that stuff because it means you are not always flying to the numbers or manual flying, it might fly to the numbers at the start but as you progress and as th engine wears to how you fly you will end up making your own by the book numbers according to how you treat her,... it s a given that I overhaul after most flights just to get rid of the burn marks on the spit hehe.

Anyway, glad your liking it chaps,

cheers,
    Lewis

A most pleasant experience indeed. Thank you Lewis (and your team) for this fantastic aircraft once again.

Funny thing is that I thought the Spit would take me away from the P-47. In fact, it's the contrary. Thanks to the Spit, I now appreciate the P-47 even more, because I can feel the differences better than before. Those two planes are so different.

The only thing is, I wish the P-47 would receive some update for its maintenance hangar. The view of the state of the engine is pretty limited, especially compared to the Spit and the B-17 :/

This is one lovely looking plane. I KNOW that I am going toget it, despite telling myself that it isn't one I need! I have all the other accu-sim ones, so my wallet is calling.I know how damn good they are!

The only thing that put me off initially was that I though there would be limited repaints done(after all, they would all be green & brown with just different numbers wouldn't they?) But having seen ones from Oz, Turkey & Portugal(& that's just so far) & the possibility of K5054 (hopefully in the original varied panel colours and the Supermarine Blue) I doubt I can put it off any longer

Just 1 thing-I have the WoP Fighter Box Set Spitfire, so does that qualify me for the $8 discount? I saw Lewis say that was OK on 1 forum, that any FSX Spit was OK but strictly speaking it's for FS9, although it flies perfectly in FSX.I'll buy it anyway but don't want to bother A2A with having to faff about with extra payments or work all over $8!
    ^^^^^^^^^
    Solved now-I really should go to A2A forums first! But Im downloading a huge scenery file so everything is ssssslllllllooooooooowwwww now!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woody901 View Post
    Wonderful aircraft. However on all models I have a very slight roll to the right that I constantly have to correct. Is anyone else getting this (ie drag modeled in) or is it a problem my end.
    Great fun so far flying it and scanning all the gauges carefully.

Woody

There are adjustments you can make to rudder and elevator trim on the left side of your cockpit
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    There are adjustments you can make to rudder and elevator trim on the left side of your cockpit
    Would rudder trim counter this roll?

Woody

No longer active
    yes

Bernt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woody901 View Post
    Would rudder trim counter this roll?

Woody
    Already answered above but anyway you don't just get in a Spit and start flying there are things to consider because of the light aircraft and powerful engine and the use of various props. She's a handful but oh so nice when you get her dialed in!
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Hi Scott, I did indeed install DirectX as the installer has you do. This CTD also is happening both with the base product alone, as well as the base product with Accusim installed. I thought it may just be that my graphics card isn't up to par, but even resizing the main texture sheet did not change anything. I may try and re-install DirectX, and if need be, re-install FSX.
    Yes!
    I also CTD
    The accusim package during installation, it appears:

Any Idea?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

My first paints are now avialable on OZx:

BP-P:

YT-L:

ZD-L:
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Yes!
    I also CTD
    The accusim package during installation, it appears:

Any Idea?
    That's not a CTD. It's just a warning message, I had it too. Just press OK and the installation will continue.

Trying out a paint. BM597 belonging to Historic Aircraft Collection.

Attachment 29747

I know it should be on a Vb really

SOH-CM-2023
    A terrific plane. The sounds are wonderful. So much so that I really miss the full complement
    during replays. In the cockpit on replays I get total silence until landing, then hear
    rolling sounds. I had let the prop come to a halt on landing and during replays it continued
    to show halted during the replay on the way down.

So many good things about the spit; paints, handling, fogging, engine wear, prop selection,
    etc. Cockpit realism personified!

What is the reason for the red rectangles on the leading edge of the wings? Safety features
    in case guns are accidentally activated on the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    That's not a CTD. It's just a warning message, I had it too. Just press OK and the installation will continue.
    Yes, but CTD aircraft selection occurs!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Thank you jankees for your hard work! Will fly them tomorrow !
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]