A2A Spitfire out!
Page 1 of 16 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: A2A Spitfire out!

Henk Hugo
    Shackleton Project

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death. I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

Charter Member 2011
    dang your quick!
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Thank you for starting a new thread, Henk!
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

hahahaha - i just had this feeling.... i logged onto the A2A website and there she was!
    Henk Hugo
    Shackleton Project

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death. I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

downloading as I type...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I have already blown up one engine
    Henk Hugo
    Shackleton Project

cant Wait to try It :salute:

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shackleton_boy View Post
    I have already blown up one engine
    On purpose or for fun? For me usually the first one is for fun just to see what the extreme limit is. Then usually the next few go while trying to figure out how it works.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

aaaargh, firefox crashed at 120Mb....we start again.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

definitely a must have!!!

:ernae:

Still trying to sort out a CTD/error message on my end, lol. Have never experienced that before - right after selecting a variant and entering back into the menu screen, a CTD message appears before the aircraft's textures load.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Downloading now, then to a party of my nephew, after that is't flying time.
    Yeeeha

R.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Bomber,

Did you run the DirectX installer at the end of the Wings of POWER install? If not, you can get it here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

Scott.

HA HA HA HA It's all mine now.

Downloading... thank you Scott for the bonus for having WoP2 Spit installed! Very generous.

Hi Scott, I did indeed install DirectX as the installer has you do. This CTD also is happening both with the base product alone, as well as the base product with Accusim installed. I thought it may just be that my graphics card isn't up to par, but even resizing the main texture sheet did not change anything. I may try and re-install DirectX, and if need be, re-install FSX.

Just bought it with Accusim.
    I'm ready for a test flight now
    Thanks A2A !! :ernae:

Downloading it now, but I'm at school so I can't test her out till after class...

It's a superb addon, as expected !
    But I really hate those gauges without red zones !
    For the first time with an A2A plane, I'll have to read the manual to find what are the limits of the engine :/

SOH-CM-2023
    A serious problem ordering. I've gone in and out of A2A's site trying to reduce the number of orders for the spitfire. Each time going in my order is increased and the method suggested to reduce the items to download does not work. The instruction to change the number of orders is to highlight the number, change it and press a button to accept the change. When I key the change on the highlighted number, nothing happens. My order is in excess of $280 now. Rats. Hope for an early fix else I won't submit an order.

Sorry, but it has to be asked.... How does it compare to the Realair Spitfire which is simply stunning? Obviously, without taking into account accusim.
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    A serious problem ordering. I've gone in and out of A2A's site trying to reduce the number of orders for the spitfire. Each time going in my order is increased and the method suggested to reduce the items to download does not work. The instruction to change the number of orders is to highlight the number, change it and press a button to accept the change. When I key the change on the highlighted number, nothing happens. My order is in excess of $280 now. Rats. Hope for an early fix else I won't submit an order.
    I had a similar problem on first try.
    I was on the Spit product page, checked the Accusim checkbox, then added to cart.
    When I went to checkout, I found two items in the shopping list:
    - the Spit alone
    - the Spit bundled with Accusim
    Total was 78 dollars or something like that.

I deleted both item from the list using the button with the arrow I think. It worked. I went back on the product list, added again to cart, and found the bundle Spit+Accusim correctly selected on the shopping list, total 50 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    Sorry, but it has to be asked.... How does it compare to the Realair Spitfire which is simply stunning? Obviously, without taking into account accusim.
    I'm not sure anybody will buy this Spit without the Accusim extention...

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    I haven't got the A2A one yet, but I would imagine it would simply be the comparison of a high quality plane made now vs a high quality plane made a few years ago and the general improvements in modelling/texturing/detail...etc in such time.
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2023
    Serious problem ordering the spitfire. The first attempt ordered too many items for lack of
    my understanding the interface. The method suggested for changing the number of items did not
    work. The suggested method was to highlight the number of items, change the number and press
    a button to accept the change. Problem is when a new number is keyed, it does not change.
    After several attempts going into my account the number of items has increased, to where I
    would be charged for several spitfires amounting to over $280. I've sent an email to A2A
    hoping for a fix. Won't submit an order until my account, cart, can be corrected. Puzzled!

Jim,

If you click on the trash can on the right, it doesn't remove the item? Oh also, have your email here. We can coorespond however you wish.

Scott.