A2A Spitfire out! - Page 9
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: A2A Spitfire out!

I think I got a message from the same guy, Huub.
    Black should be toward the front of the aircraft on both sides.
    It will be corrected of course.
    And I see we'll have two Belgian aircraft to play with?

JanKees
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Loving the Spit! Definitely A2A's best plane yet.

I placed the Spit next to the P-47 with Fsrecorder, it sure looks tiny compared to the P-47.

hey guys ive hit a snag and it has me beat

the spinner, ive painted pink but when in the sim its black

any ideas

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    Wow that is one gorgeous paint HUUB!
    Ted, that's actually a repiant I already did in early December last year for the 'old' A2A Spitfire.

Cheers,
    Huub

That is a cool looking paint jeansy
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

I had some great fun last evening flying around in this beauty. It happened that ASE also gave me some very British murcky weather that fit the bill great. The cold also helped with the cooling and I felt that I was in control until I probably pushed some negative g and the engine quit. Not having practiced any restart procedures for a Merlin III I glided nicely to nearby Goodwood and put it down at the edge of the runway stalling it a few inches above the ground. The shaking and sound associated with the stall is awesome and at the same time frightening. It was good that the soothing touchdown sound came right after it!

Unfortunately I did not have FSRecorder on to replay the situation and get some screenshots to share. The built in instant replay did not work well.

This is one of the most thrilling FSX experiences so far!!! Thank you A2A!!!:ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    hey guys ive hit a snag and it has me beat

the spinner, ive painted pink but when in the sim its black

any ideas

I can't tell from the screenshot but if you are using the 2 blade wooden prop it will always be black.

Other than that I can't see why this is happening. Your texture has the colours in the correct place, and it looks great too

a bit more work from this side:

Belgian flag now blowing in the correct way, and I made my own letters/numbers for the serial, plus a few more updated details:

Douglas Bader's MK.II P7966:

I still need to add the 'Manxman' logo on the other side though,

and a request from the A2A forum:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Oustanding !!!!
    and I even got foggy glasses inside cockpit ....!!!
    Thanks A2A
    Italo

My new Propeller: This Pitch gives Maximum Speed! :icon_twi:
    Attachment 30064

I donīt had the Heart to try to start it.....

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    After I did the repaint from the Belgian Spitfire for the old A2A model, I was pointed to an error by a volunteer from the "Musée royal de l'Armée et d'Histoire Militaire" in Brussels.

On the original aircraft the Belgian flag was painted mirrored as you can see here: http://home.pi.be/~braf/350Sqn/aircr...mn-a-P7297.htm

Cheers,
    Huub
    Corrected the flag on mine also.
    Barry

SPITFIRE TEXTURES

Oh BOY!!! you guys (perhaps gals too) are hitting your stride.....EXCELLENT!..This is certainly a great plane to go nuts on. Too all the pixel pushers, GREAT WORK!! Looking forward to all your offerings.

Ol'Jarhead

6 hours in my A2A Spits

Cruising the cliffs of Dover, up the Thames, and back to RAF Bentwaters. I am loving this airplane. Printed the checklist, made notes to self, learning to treat her like a lady and enjoying the ride. Sweet landings when you get the tail down. Easy to get into a feeling of being there. The sounds, vibrations in the cockpit, slide the hood back and feel the cold air. For me it is that good. Great sense of a tangible machine attached to the joystick and throttle.

I have the Realair Spit as well and for me there is a huge difference. I do not prefer one over the other, they both have a purpose for me. A2A Spit gives me an little understanding of what a 20 something man had to learn before his life depended on it. I stand in awe of those young men.

Dreaming of a chance to feel a Mustang in the same way. Thank you A2A

Jim

Just found this old Colour Picture :salute:
    Attachment 30069

Didn't quite escape.
    Guess I'd better add my little contribution to the thread as well...

I recently asked if anyone was interested in doing some repaints for me of this to go with my Middle Wallop and Digby airfields. No-one has taken me up on it and the only response I got was, predictably, a "Do it yourself!" with a tongue sticking out smiley after it. I've learned to expect those by now from that person!

So. Anyway. I can't 'do it myself', because I use PSP X2, which won't open the psd files. So I begged for help from rather closer to home and the owner of a PC which has Photoshop Elements on it from an OU Photography course. Step in Sharon, better known around me as "Mrs. P"...

X4036 was assigned to Pilot Officer R. "Bob" Doe at 234 Squadron during the height of the Battle of Britain, when he scored 11 confirmed and 2 shared kills before moving to the Hurricanes of 238 Sqn, also at Middle Wallop, in September 1940.

The aircraft has been the subject of numerous paintings, drawings, models and writing which, unfortunately, means that numerous sources show numerous different colours and positions for the aircraft's markings. Therefore this is a "best guess" based on all the sources we found. Hopefully no-one will object too violently.

The repaint is available here: http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/rep...e_Ia-X4036.zip

The other screenshot I'll post here is just one I took while testing the repaint above, at RAF Friston. She's pretty photogenic, this lady, isn't she?

Ian P.

Thank you Ian and Mrs. P! Downloaded in an instant.

Bob Doe, one of the greatest fighter pilots and finest gentleman - I too thought about him as soon as the Mk.I/II product was released. It will be great having X4036 in FSX - it is too bad that we lost him not too long ago from this world.

I too wish I could do some repaints for it, but I think my machine would slap me in the face, if I tried opening a 4096x4096 psd file again.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Blog Entries
    I really had very little interest in the Spits that were out there until the Accusim'd model became available. I don't know why I guess there was just not enough immersion factor for me. The repaints are unbelievably realistic. Ian your repaint is just incredible. I have had a jaw-dropping experience with the work all of you have put into this magnificent machine. My hat's off to TEAM A2A and the repainters who have made this hobby so enjoyable. I can understand how the British people felt about their RAF in thouse desperate hours...they truly were KNIGHTS OF THE AIR and rode to war on glorious steeds...wish we had an accusimmed Hurricane!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    ...wish we had an accusimmed Hurricane!
    Ted
    An update from the Bf109 would be more in my alley

Cheers,
    Huub

Didn't quite escape.
    Ted: 99.9% of the work was done by Martin Catney in the paintkit - as Sharon said, all we had to do was put on appropriate squadron, identity and registration codes (the good news of which is that you can hopefully expect a Digby repaint soon. )

John: I actually have GIMP on this notebook (T5750@2.0GHz, 2Gb RAM, Intel mobile GPU) and it did open the PK eventually, but I couldn't do anything with it. Sharon's E6600 with 2Gb RAM and an ATI 3870 512Mb opened it and was able to work on it, but ran out of RAM twice, forcing restarts before continuing work. It's a phenomenal paint kit, but a nightmare to work with on anything less than a supercomputer.

Also I have to agree. Men like Bob Doe will always be missed, but him particularly so. There's a quote that I saw on Wonkypedia while researching the readme for that repaint which reminded me that I thought it summed him up when I first heard it on the TV.

"I wasn't fighting for the King, I was fighting for my Mum. I didn't want them over here!"

R.I.P. Wing Cdr. Doe.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    An update from the Bf109 would be more in my alley

Cheers,
    Huub
    Hurricane or 109 would be cool, but imagine trying to keep 4 Merlins under control on an acusimmed Lancaster

I'm going to give the paintkit a try tonight. Having read Geoffrey Wellums First Light a few months ago I've been wanting to get his Mk1a into FSX for a while. It's the current BBMF spit colours I believe and he grew up just down the road from where I used to live in London.

I'm looking for RAF fonts
    As for the SimmerPaintShop site available is that do not see the Photoshop
    Any idea?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Didn't quite escape.
    The ones that we used are from Simmers' Paint Shop here: http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/foru...tary-fonts-19/ - Sharon installed them to Windows as any other font and were able to use them in Photoshop Elements immediately.

Are you sure that you installed the fonts using file / install new font, rather than just copying them into the fonts directory?

Cheers,

Ian P.

Exactly where is the font directory?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Didn't quite escape.
    The Fonts directory is under Windows.

However the correct way to install Fonts to Windows is to extract the ".ttf" file to an appropriate place, then go to Control Panel - Fonts.

Once that is open, select "File", then "Install New Font" - browse to the .ttf file you extracted, select it and continue, to install the font.

Obviously, this is in the English language version of Windows so folder names and selections will vary in other languages.

Hope that helps?

Ian P.