A2A Spitfire out! - Page 2
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: A2A Spitfire out!

I'm loving it! First flight (Bundy to Hervey bay) went without a glitch, though you have to be careful on the ground...

best cockpit I've seen so far!

swapped paintjobs halfway, Martin's done a tremendous job, outstanding all the way!

flaps only at the last moment..

WOW!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Ahhh, and I see that A2A offers a small discount if you are a previous owner of th A2A Spitfire. :salute:

Thanks for the kind words Jankees. Great shots by the way, that one of XR-D climbing almost verticle is absolutely magnificent.

I am uploading my first skinpack for the Spitfire to Sim-outhouse now. I will open a dedicated thread when the upload is complete. For now here are some preview shots.

Edit: Upload complete. Here is the link, available here on Sim-Outhouse.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=3&linkid=3543

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    It's a superb addon, as expected !
    But I really hate those gauges without red zones !
    For the first time with an A2A plane, I'll have to read the manual to find what are the limits of the engine :/
    What can I say... Spiffing!!!

First time out - I'll have to overheat the engine, limp back to base, then read the manual :salute: Brilliant work A2A - thank you!

Attachment 29602

Beautiful textures ICDP! Your paintwork is really magic.

Cheers,
    Huub

What happened to the paint pack? I don't see it...

This is FAR better than the Realair spitfire. There's absolutely no comparison.

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    What happened to the paint pack? I don't see it...
    it'll have to be approved by a mod first, might take a little while
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    it'll have to be approved by a mod first, might take a little while
    Ah I thought he had meant it was ready to download.

Back to flying!

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Still trying to sort out a CTD/error message on my end. Have never experienced that before - right after selecting a variant and entering back into the menu screen, a CTD message appears before the aircraft's textures load.
    I have the same error. I clicked yes to install directX, but it says my installed version is up to date, so it skipped the install.
    Any ideas?
    My PC and FSX install are quite fresh, about 2 months old now. (windows XP SP3 still)

Cheers, Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Be sure to check the FAQ for solutions to common issues. It covers a few common CTD issues. For most it seems that the texture kit Martin supplied in the aforementioned thread fixes CTDs.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...p?f=78&t=23593

Quote Originally Posted by CodyValkyrie View Post
    Be sure to check the FAQ for solutions to common issues. It covers a few common CTD issues. For most it seems that the texture kit Martin supplied in the aforementioned thread fixes CTDs.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...p?f=78&t=23593
    Nr. 1 wasn't there when I checked the FAQ, but now it is.
    The new bumpmap textures fixed it. Thanks guys.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Link not working...here anyway.

Edit:
    Duh, had to re-read, guess still waiting for approval?
    Chad (PAAQ)

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade124 View Post
    Jim,

If you click on the trash can on the right, it doesn't remove the item? Oh also, have your email here. We can coorespond however you wish.

Scott.
    Thanks for that tip. That works. Will try to d/l tomorrow. I've had a bad time with some sites sending emails but not receiving them, even in trash folders. Wish me luck.

Jim

This is really beyond my expectations!! I was going to wait for The A2A P-51D w/t Accusim,I'm so Happy I didn't.This Aircraft lives and Breathes REALISM!!! Everything works,And the modeling is Stunning! It's worth 3x the price A2A are charging.

Thank You A2A, You've pushed the envelope once again!!:salute:
    Attachment 29605
    Attachment 29606
    Attachment 29607
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Two flights under my belt now since being able to operate it. First flight was uneventful - with the exception that I popped the coolant on final, becoming a "Stanley Steemer" through the landing roll-out. Next flight was even better - no coolant issues the second time around, and I even remembered to clear the plugs before shut-down (with the tail held down of course).

One of the coolest things I have experienced thus far, was landing with the canopy open, and noticeably hearing wind come into the cockpit as I turned and slipped the aircraft around the approach from downwind.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Something I heard about on the A2A fora - does the rear-view mirror work? Buying this is a given, I just want to know if it works or not. :salute:
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SADT View Post
    Something I heard about on the A2A fora - does the rear-view mirror work? Buying this is a given, I just want to know if it works or not. :salute:
    No the rear view mirror is the standard FSX type as seen by most addons. I would say getting a proper working rear view mirror would be extremely difficult in FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by ICDP View Post
    No the rear view mirror is the standard FSX type as seen by most addons. I would say getting a proper working rear view mirror would be extremely difficult in FSX.
    Thanks Martin, that's not a big deal at all, I was just wondering. Wouldn't it be a fait accompli (I may have spelled that wrongly :P ) if someday A2A could pull that off!

Nonetheless, I love the Spitfire, and I'll be downloading as soon as I have access to a computer I can download to. :salute:
    Last edited by SADT; December 31st, 2013 at 15:16.
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

I survived my second flight too, Warnervale to Aeropelican:

taking off at Warnervale

cruising to 'pelican

airfield coming up on the right, let's think about getting the gear down..

ouch, a bl**dy handpump! OK, we go round once more...

lovely lines..

..from all sides

here we go..

no worries

hey, what's that smoke?

finally parked..

I love it!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

That smoke is your engine or the coolant overheating I think lol, I opened the cowl flaps and it seemed to go away! lots to learn about this aircraft but I love it!

Attachment 29612
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

This is definitely in the must have list for FSX, the cockpit and exterior textures put it even above the B17 in my opinion.

Only a few flights done now and I feel quite confident in my ability to steam those 109's out of the sky!

In comparison to the Real Air, this is the more immersive Spit, but both are great packages and since they cover different marks there is no reason not to have both.

I couldn't resist I am downloading as well I figured since I got Jury duty, a few days of that will cover help cover this and the Turbine Duke Aye my beloved RealAir spit served her purpose well for quite a few years. And she still will when I want to fly the IX or the XIV.

Who knows A2A might attempt a IX at a later point since the IX's Merlin 63/66 is essentially the same as the Packard in the Mustang. A IX would basically be the the Mustang's engine mated to the Mk IIb's frame. I guess that would technically be a Mk XVI...the Packard powered Spitfire:mixedsmi:
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wonderful job by A2A, this thing is amazing and great fun to manage.
    Barry

lol it is about as useful on the ground taxiing as a glider Am I missing somthing or is there a feature to 'walk' it ala the Cub?
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]