Beautiful pic Nick!!!
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Just finished AR213 in her A Piece of Cake colours:
    Get it here:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=3&linkid=3652

Thanks for looking
    Brad

Mk I X4107 "PR-F" Uploaded

This repaint represents Spitfire Mk. I X4107 "PR-F" of 609 (West Riding) Squadron during August & September of 1940. In particular, two pilot's who flew X4107 are remembered although other men flew X4107 as well during its brief career; they are Pilot Officer (later F/L) Alfred Keith Ogilvie and Pilot Officer Rogers Freeman Garland Miller.

42419 P/O Rogers Freeman Garland Miller joined the Royal Air Force on a Short Service COmmission in June 1939 and was posted to 609 Squadron at Northolt on June 11, 1940. He damaged a Do17 in July and destroyed a Ju87 in August before being killed when his Spitfire (X4107) collided with a Bf110. P/O Miller was just 20 years old; he is buried in St. Nicholas' churchyard, Radford Semele, Warwickshire.

42872 P/O Alfred Keith "Skeets" Ogilvie, D.F.C. was born in Ottawa in 1915 and joined the Royal Air Force on a Short Service Commission in 1939. He joined 609 Squadron on August 20, 1940, flew with them during the Battle of Britain. P/O Ogilvie was flying X4107 "F" when he shared in the destruction of a Do17 on September 15, 1940. He went on to become an Ace before being shot down himself by a Bf109 on July 4, 1941. During his final engagement he was wounded and subsequently baled out of his damaged aircraft. After being captured, he spent 9 months in the hospital before being sent to Stalag Luft III. He got out during the "Great Escape" but was recaptured and interrogated by the Gestapo. He was one of the lucky ones in the sense that he was not shot after the escape like many of his friends. After his release in May 1945, F/L Ogilvie transferred to the RCAF.

This repaint is in honour of both these brave men and the heroic struggle of "The Few".

Cheers,
    Rick

Hi

I bought the Spitfire (base pack). It's really excellent in all respects. Beautiful to look at and great to fly.

However, I have one query -
    I can only seem to get the 2 blade prop to show in game. In the aircraft loading screen I see a 3 prop blade for the MkII, but when the aircraft is in game, I can only see a 2 blade prop. I realise that I am not expecting to swap them in game (as per the Accusim addon), but with the MkII I should have a 3 blade prop.

What am I doing wrong please?

Cheers

Paul

Paul,

You will need the Accusim addon to be able to change props.

Yes, but there is a bug that causes non-accusimed version to have a wooden prop. Fix here, in the MISC. section:
    http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...p?f=78&t=23593
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by some1 View Post
    Yes, but there is a bug that causes non-accusimed version to have a wooden prop. Fix here, in the MISC. section:
    http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...p?f=78&t=23593
    Thanks Mike. Much appreciated

That fix has solved my problem.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for all the nice repaints guys!

I'm curently flying Barvan's nice 19sq repaint, but I have downloaded many other great repaints and will enjoy them very soon.

Great aircraft!

Hope you are more careful than I was. One moment all was well, the next moment the engine stopped running. Out of fuel - so busy looking at other things I never noticed the fuel was getting low.

Too far away from an airport so I made a dead stick landing in a field. The wheels collapsed on rough terrain but it stopped just short of hitting a farm house. Now it is in the maintenance hangar for major repairs.

Barry

The other day my left gear also collapsed, even though it was a soft landing and the gear was down and locked. Probably material fatigue.
    Happy Flying
    - Patrick

Mk. IIa P7856 "VZ-E" 412 Squadron RCAF

On June 30, 1941, 412 "Falcon" Squadron was the RCAF's seventh fighter squadron formed overseas. They were part of the Canadian Digby Wing in 12 Group. Their first operational sortie was on August 31, 1941 when two planes were scrambled. The squadron was equipped with Spitfire Mk. IIa aircraft, at the time, freshly painted in the new Dark Green / Ocean Grey / Medium Sea Grey camouflage scheme with the yellow identification strip along the front edge of the wing which was introduced in mid August. In October the squadron began converting to the Spitfire Mk. Vb.

While flying P7856 "VZ-E" on October 13, 1941, Sergeant Edward Noel Macdonell from Vancouver, British Columbia, was credited with the squadron's first victory after destroying a Bf.109 ten miles off Boulogne during a patrol. Sergeant Macdonell was promoted to the rank of Pilot Officer (J15053) the following week. After his service with 412 Squadron, he went to 124 (Baroda) Squadron, RAF. 20 year old P/O Macdonell was flying a Spitfire Vb (W3436) when he failed to return from a patrol on April 24, 1942. He has no known grave and his name is inscribed on the Runnymede War Memorial, in Surrey, England.

P7856 "VZ-E" was also flown by J5823 Pilot Officer (P) John Gillespie Magee, Jr., who was an American citizen born in Shanghai, China. He listed his residence as Washington, D.C., when he enlisted in the RCAF in October 1940. While training on Spitfires at 53 OTU he wrote "High Flight" for which he is best remembered. After completing his training at 53 OTU, he was assigned to the newly formed 412 "Falcon" Squadron, RCAF, at Digby. At age 19, P/O Magee was killed after his Spitfire Vb (AD291) collided with an Airspeed Oxford in clouds at low altitude on December 11, 1941. He is buried in the Scopwick Church Burial Ground, Lincolnshire, England.

Perhaps the best known poem in aviation circles, today "High Flight" serves as the official poem of the Canadian Forces Air Command and the Royal Air Force. Also, the poem is required to be recited from memory by fourth class cadets (Freshmen) at the United States Air Force Academy:
    "High Flight"
    Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
    And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
    Sunward I’ve climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
    of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things
    You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung
    High in the sunlit silence. Hov’ring there,
    I’ve chased the shouting wind along, and flung
    My eager craft through footless halls of air....
    Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue
    I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
    Where never lark or even eagle flew —
    And, while with silent lifting mind I’ve trod
    The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
    - Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.
    John Gillespie Magee, Jr.
    My rendition of "VZ-E" is published in honour of the memory of these two brave men. It should be available in the downloads section soon.

Cheers,
    Rick

Great screenies :ernae: