Sub Pens - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sub Pens

Subs for subpens

While I am making some subpens I would like to know what subs are being used, as the stock u boat dont seem to show damage
    Robert John

Unterseeboote

RJ,

Tango Romeo made some very nice Type VIIC boats for CFS 2 including a pilotable version. I'm not sure if they are in the library here anymore, but all of his tonnage is available over at simviation.com. As I recall, Jaxon also posted an update for the boats too.

Here's the link for the Type VIIC:

http://simviation.com/1/search?submi...ge=16&filename=
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Thanks got it.
    I am testing my subpens. Had to rescale brest subpen it was to high. The only sub I had was the default one, but the scale for that one seems to large now I have seen another one.
    I scaled the subpens from 1:1 to 0.75 in the game, really it should be 0.5 well it looks to me I compromised 50.50.
    lods kick in early when it ges busy but I think you have to worry about frame rates. tho lod 100 is quite high the 80 and 40 are low. I post some action shot tomorrow.
    Robert John

CFS 2 Scale

Thanks RJ. I'm looking forward to the sub pens and making some scenery with them. They ought to spruce up the Kriegsmarine ports and harbors nicely.

The stock MS CFS 2 library objects all seem to have slightly different scales from time to time. I know that more than a few add on planes were made slightly large to accomodate the larger than life stock weapons that came with CFS 2. Fortunately, most of the add ons now are of proper scale.

One of my most valued modifications to CFS 2 is a .bgl file that scales the stock bombs and rockets to that of the stock planes. If any of you would like to use it, it's attached below. I can't for the life of me remember who made it, but it's been most useful for the stock planes. Just drop it into your SCENEDB > Weapons > Scenery folder. Overwriight after saving your original weapons.bgl file.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Benjamin Franklin

Robert remember to try to get the roofs of the pens with that remarkable construction that deflected the bomb blasts that made the pens virtually impossible to damage with bombs of that era. Remarkable German engineering.

Good news to hear that the pens are happening..they were such a significant feature of that war. Finally they are possible to see in a sim with Silent Hunter V, you start from a very detailed pen on missoins with moving figures and wholey rendered interiors.
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

Ground 2k4 La Rochelle lock for port subpens

Attachment 30241Attachment 30240Hi I am looking for someone to produce the locks for La Rochell Subpens on/in the Rumpas new mesh. I think thas area may be lacking in the theater.
    Robert John

Ha! I just started playing around with g2k. Give me coordinates and I'll see what I can do.

Hi Tobob
    The coordinates for the lock at La Rochelle are
    N 46 09.20
    W 1 12.54
    Thankyou, hope you get on with the program ok.
    Talk to you soon.
    Robert John.

Robert John,

Here's what I got so far...

Attachment 30371

tobob

Attachment 30377Attachment 30376Attachment 30375 Hi Tobob
    looking fantastic.
    The screenshots are La Rochelle Subpens,Untextured.
    Would it be possible to remove the road going
    across the sea to the large island near by I think
    it was a ferry crossing during ww2.
    I may put a long animated ferry there if it was a ferry crossing looking into it.
    Could you PM me with your email address.
    Robert John.

Attachment 30509Hi
    La Rochelle in texture with Crane.
    Robert John.

Looking great!

Robert and Tobob,
    fantastic work, congrats!!!!
    Gius

Hi Tobob
    Attachment 30604
    Here is the road.
    Robert John

La Rochelle Subpen

Attachment 30633Attachment 30632Attachment 30631
    Im at it again
    Making more subpens, its La Rochelle, but this one I would like to be diffrent. Tobob is making a nice job for the landclass, Tobob and myself are going to do some special objects for the area, I am only thinking outloud, a nice mission or two would be nice to go with the package,what do you all think.
    Robert John

Looks great --- hmmmmm I think it's missing something..... Oh how about a LIGHTHOUSE!
    lol
    Look's really great RJ.
    Good Job!

Reply...

Robert John,

I will try to incorporate this into "Battle for Europe" or another such campaign as soon as I can...I haven't been able to even open up CFS2 in more than 10 days.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Great looking work Robert!

I have a project in progress which will help defend your new structure(s). That is, if trying to reproduce some of the German's over engineered AA platforms doesn't drive me nuts first!!! LOL
    Keep up the great work....:ernae:
    Happy Trails! www.officialponyexpress.org

Pen32Win

For my D/L's Search for both Pen32Win and AF=Midway. There are also files in the Archives under AF=Midway.

Library Staff
    It's looking great Robert John.

For a touch of added realism, Fort Boyard which is just to the south of La Rochelle can be found at AVSIM in the FS2002 scenery section. It's fully compatible with CFS2.

Attachment 30673Hi Kdriver thanks for the lead, I will take a look.
    Making les_trois_tours_de_La_Rochelle, Starting the textures.
    Robert John.

kdriver - can you post a link to that Fort Boyard scenery? I can find a FS2004 version over at AVSIM but not the FS2002.

Thanks

Library Staff
    Hi Cody Coyote,

I obtained the scenery from a link on Sander de Cocq's old website. I had a look at the original downloaded compressed file but it doesn't say which sim it's meant for. The author is Frédéric Picci. It could well be an FS2004 file. If you can't find it, I can email it to you.

There were a number of other links to historical buildings on Sander's old website. One other which pertains to submarine pens is Port Louis Citadel at the entrance to the harbour at Lorient. Further down the coast is Fort Louvois and near St Malo is the beautiful Mont St Michel.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

I think I got it sorted out. I found those sceneries over at Flightsim by searching by authors name.

Fort Boyard

Me too.

Dropped it in FS 9 for a quick fly by and found it to be well done. I hope that it can be converted to CFS 2 scenery. It might also make for a nice fort on our various CFS 2 rivers and harbors too.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Benjamin Franklin

Attachment 30692I am doing this model for the la Rochelle scenery It has low poly and texture detail, I think fps is better than too much eye candy
    Yes that model can be converted but I do not think it will work to well in cfs2 as it is a high poly model. I will build my own lowpoly single texture sheet texture model. 1. 1024 x 1024 texture sheet is better for fps than 4. 512x512.
    That model has 58 textures in it only 43 are usable in cfs2. If I make the model I will have damage textures.Thanking every one for their comments.
    Robert John