Ivan Jurcaga Mig-21MF soon! (now released) - Page 5
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Ivan Jurcaga Mig-21MF soon! (now released)

Quote Originally Posted by skyblazer3 View Post
    @deathfromafar..... I agree... I think we should probably be using speed brakes and high power -- but the current flight model makes you sink like a rock when you put out the boards..... high AOA does not seem to help me. I've been landing well without them. I would love to know the real world procedure.
    20% fuel weight is the ticket with being in proper landing config(AoA, speed and weight). You can land at higher weights but you'll need to up the speed and modify the drag config(ie=no boards) and reset the trim accordingly. The Mig like most aircraft tend to wheel barrel nose down with full flaps and at high speeds(within approach speeds) so you have to stay on top of the trim as you make power adjustments for sink rate and making the landing zone of the runway. At lighter weights you can make your final down to 165 and at proper AoA which you won't need much flare at touchdown. Just maintain power all the way down with a very slight flare. One thing for sure, this FDE is a lot more thought out than the one on the previous Mig Ivan released. It seems very close to envelope from the tables and the pilot reports I've read/heard.
    "Soon to be Expat"

20% fuel or less helps. Thanks for the information. Approaches are much more comfortable and I've been able to grease a few on.

Does anyone know if this Mig has a fuel dump switch besides the throttle?

Dag
    An outstanding addon in every respect. I've been flying it for several hours today and have no problems landing it at 350 km/h with high weight (80% fuel). True, the aircraft requires careful trim on approach especially when deploying flaps at high weight. The flight model reminds me of a slightly easier C9 F-104 without the pitch up/roll tendencies.
    It's perfect for my Saitek X-65F.

Thanks

Spot on with the landing/approach speeds. My initial reports were at 70-80% fuel remaining. After several landings at at the lighter weight (about 30%) you can definitely reduce your speeds and touch down around 160-165kts.

I tried landing with both speed brakes stowed and deployed. With them out you need to carry a lot more throttle. They really slow you down. My preference right now is full flaps only for landing.

If you're worried about dumping fuel just tool around with full AB for a few minutes and you'll get the weight down

This plane is a blast to fly.
    Visit my website www.scale-aviation.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    I think not.

There was mention of shadows on the exterior model, so do the math.
    Ported over models still have self shadow if the FS9 textures are correct

Quote Originally Posted by calypsos View Post
    Totally awesome work, thanks to all involved.
    My only little niggle is the reflections on the inside of the canopy. Is there a way of toning them down a little? This afternoon I got totally disorientated and even a little airsick trying to fly VFR in her!
    Try to replace the MiG-21MF_glass_T.bmp glass texture bitmaps with this new one - I made the alpha more transparent: Attachment 42068

In case there's a question about takeoff thrust. Used the 'quick start with the APU' and obviously didn't disconnect - head up and locked. Takeoff seemed a little draggy but got airborne with some extra trim. Glancing to my left, I almost spilled my coffee - wonder what the truck driver's thinking.Attachment 42075

If you hit shift+2 and click on the truck icon, the truck will go away... funny story, though!

Fast repaint (wip, but near to finish)
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Nice paint YoYo, but where you foud paintkit, please?

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Loving it!

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral-G View Post
    ........... at at the lighter weight (about 30%) you can definitely reduce your speeds and touch down around 160-165kts.

I tried landing with both speed brakes stowed and deployed. With them out you need to carry a lot more throttle. They really slow you down. My preference right now is full flaps only for landing.
    agreed, 35% fuel, no speed brakes, for runway touchdown, but approach is faster at 180 KIAS or more, say 188 KIAS for example.

Aircraft can trim nicely and fly smoothly to the runway.

So far only daylight and clear weather.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Knew I could count you you sir!! Outstanding work! How about some Soviet jets.

I wish someone would do the SMT version.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    Hello Zsolt,

Where is that scenery from? I'm a bit behind on who has released what Warpac-era sceneries these days.

Many thanks,

dl

Hello,

Here the scenery http://www.lhsimulations.hu/?page_id=41
    Base name is LHSM Sármellék/Balaton

Regards,
    Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

I see new update for this MiG: http://flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=157419
    But isnt update of Ivan (FM, navigation lights & 2d panel).

Try to replace the MiG-21MF_glass_T.bmp glass texture bitmaps with this new one - I made the alpha more transparent: MiG-21MF_glass_T.zip
    Thanks a million!!!!

multiplayer issue

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">I'm trying to figure out whether or not the truck disappear in multiplayer, I have not tried yet. Someone did?
    cheers

This is ridiculously fun. Just flown it for the first time, did two verrrrry nice landings. Right now my favourite aircraft. Kudos for the dude who did it.

I can't get over how good this aircraft is -- what talent we have in developers, one of the best aircraft I've flown!

Thank you comrade for keeping alive the spirit of freeware!!:salute::salute:

Unfortunately, the CS Weapon Pack does not work!
    Can anyone a solution?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Members who have read this thread: 48