Ivan Jurcaga Mig-21MF soon! (now released) - Page 14
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Ivan Jurcaga Mig-21MF soon! (now released)

Quote Originally Posted by Billu View Post
    Well... the only nasty thing is that we did have only MiG-21bis Fishbed L aircrafts. MiG-21bis had wider , deeper and longer dorsal spine. The engine was more powerful, instrument panel was grey Finnish modified one with many western meters/instruments on and so on...

I think that Polish Navy one (8861) and Bulgarian one (114) were also MiG-21bis aircrafts, not MiG-21MF aircrafts. Please only real MiG-21MF textures. I'd like to see real MiG-21MF aircrafts. NVA (DDR) camos and Hungarian camos. MiG-21bis flies different way. Thank You!

Excuse me. My first post here.
    Well,
    I knew it!
    But here:#319 , read it and you will understand why I painted
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

What nationality are you?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Dag
    Quote Originally Posted by Billu View Post
    Well... the only nasty thing is that we did have only MiG-21bis Fishbed L aircrafts. MiG-21bis had wider , deeper and longer dorsal spine. The engine was more powerful, instrument panel was grey Finnish modified one with many western meters/instruments on and so on...

I think that Polish Navy one (8861) and Bulgarian one (114) were also MiG-21bis aircrafts, not MiG-21MF aircrafts. Please only real MiG-21MF textures. I'd like to see real MiG-21MF aircrafts. NVA (DDR) camos and Hungarian camos. MiG-21bis flies different way. Thank You!

Excuse me. My first post here.
    Just so that you know; I paint whatever I want and you have the choice of downloading or not ! Do not come here to command us what to do or not, it does not work that way.

Thanks

Hey Dag, am i reading it right when you say that it is possible to have glossy paint schemes? If it is, then it would be cool to have one with it being completely black with red trim while the black is glossy. Just an idea.
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Dag
    Quote Originally Posted by Cag40Navy View Post
    Hey Dag, am i reading it right when you say that it is possible to have glossy paint schemes? If it is, then it would be cool to have one with it being completely black with red trim while the black is glossy. Just an idea.
    Yes that's possible, like a BB coded T-38 so to speak. Well, I am not really into fiction but we'll see.

Impact of adding external stores...

I want to know from others if adding external fuel tanks, weapons etc. impacts performance/range of the aircraft ?

In the payload section of FSX there is an entry for external payload but it not very clear. I am reckoning adding three tanks should give me an increase in range....Or am I on the wrong track altogether ?

fantumfan

Quote Originally Posted by Dag View Post
    Just so that you know; I paint whatever I want and you have the choice of downloading or not ! Do not come here to command us what to do or not, it does not work that way.
    I see no "commands" in the post..... Yes, you can paint whatever you want, but that doesn't change the fact that the original post was factually correct. I myself have many, many fictitious paints in my hanger and enjoy them immensely.
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by fantumfan2003 View Post
    I want to know from others if adding external fuel tanks, weapons etc. impacts performance/range of the aircraft ?

In the payload section of FSX there is an entry for external payload but it not very clear. I am reckoning adding three tanks should give me an increase in range....Or am I on the wrong track altogether ?

fantumfan
    From what I understand, every tank is 40 gallons of fuel, that should be typed in the external section of the fuel page. However, there seems to be a problem with the dynamics of this, because only two tanks is enough to produce overweight.

Unless the actual, real world operators didn't use full fuel capacity on those two tanks, as we've seen so many times fitted, that's just wrong.

Still, I am able to take off using the extra 80 gallons with no major issues.

Thanks
    If anything he is trying to help you live by your signature: "I don't paint fiction". There is a visual difference between an MiG-21MF and a MiG-21bis. It's subtle but once you know what it is you can't miss it. Just sayin'.
    :ernae:

Dag
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    If anything he is trying to help you live by your signature: "I don't paint fiction". There is a visual difference between an MiG-21MF and a MiG-21bis. It's subtle but once you know what it is you can't miss it. Just sayin'.
    Fully aware of that thanks ! My point here was on a general basis and not my own preferences. As long as the "externals" are based on an MF, that's good enough for me (LanceR for instance). What made me say the above was that he seemed to more or less demand that every painter should stick to MF schemes and nothing else for this model and that may not be what every painter wishes. Some do requests and some do whatever comes into their mind.
    I live by my signature to the extent that I can let a LanceR go for an MF despite a modernized light grey cockpit and numerous ducts on the fuselage.

Bye

Fully aware of that thanks ! My point here was on a general basis and not my own preferences. As long as the "externals" are based on an MF, that's good enough for me (LanceR for instance). What made me say the above was that he seemed to more or less demand that every painter should stick to MF schemes and nothing else for this model and that may not be what every painter wishes. Some do requests and some do whatever comes into their mind.
    I live by my signature to the extent that I can let a LanceR go for an MF despite a modernized light grey cockpit and numerous ducts on the fuselage.

Bye
    I hear you. I'm an ARC myself but if I stuck to that I'd have to throw
    out half if not more of the Mirage repaints listed on my website. :salute:

Dag
    What I've done so far. Apologies for placing the tail number too high on the fin. There's a strange cut in the model at the fin fillet that cuts up the number as well. There are in fact a number of places where that happens, wing roots and right spine to mention a few. Also the lower surfaces of the fuselage suffers from bad mapping so I have not added much there.

What I've done so far. Apologies for placing the tail number too high on the fin. There's a strange cut in the model at the fin fillet that cuts up the number as well. There are in fact a number of places where that happens, wing roots and right spine to mention a few. Also the lower surfaces of the fuselage suffers from bad mapping so I have not added much there.
    I noticed some difference between the right and left outer wing halves as well. I painted a Yugoslav AF bird with azure blue wing tips from a training exercise and had a heck of a time lining things up -- ended up having to compromise. Since I'm no good at making bump maps I couldn't just mirror the rivets and panel lines from one side to the other. Hoping if you make your paint kit public it might fix some of these things.

Good painting!
    I am interested!

Fantastic paint Dag!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

I'm partial, how about a 2 seater too... Mig-21UM Mongol ?

Like this one I groundcrew for.......

Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    I'm partial, how about a 2 seater too... Mig-21UM Mongol ?

Like this one I groundcrew for.......
    Captain Sim UM flies fairly well in FSX - trying to work out some bugs in this thread:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...217#post609217

Drop by - that's where the discussion on the UM is ...

dl

Dag
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    I noticed some difference between the right and left outer wing halves as well. I painted a Yugoslav AF bird with azure blue wing tips from a training exercise and had a heck of a time lining things up -- ended up having to compromise. Since I'm no good at making bump maps I couldn't just mirror the rivets and panel lines from one side to the other. Hoping if you make your paint kit public it might fix some of these things.
    Hi,

Here's my repaint kit. This is 2048 x 2048 px textures with new rivets and lines, stencil data (cyrillic jibberish) and the RoAF scheme incorporated. There's no weathering/dirt layers incorporetad, I hope you are able to do that yourselves.
    DDS format bump maps are included to go with my slightly different panel detail. Delete the bmp format bumps before using. The model will "read" bmp format before dds. I also recommend dds DXT5 as the format for the main diffuse textures. My PSD files also features an alpha channel. With this painted all white, you'll have no gloss. As far as I can see the tanks and pylons will not read alpha channel data so these will remain in the model-incorporated specular.
    The kit features new tail cone textures, chute compartment and nose intake lip. I also made an attempt to make new external fuel tank textures but these are not very good. And before you ask, 5913 featured two different blues. A light one on the lower fuselage and a slightly darker one on the tanks. This aircraft was one of 3 that visited Sola Air Base, Norway, in 2007. It seems the darker blue, used on the tanks, is the standard underside blue as the other two (another A and a C) featured it.

Have fun:

http://www.dagrs.net/files/MiG-21MF_repaintkit_Dag.zip

Dag
    You're welcome Zsolt Kit will be removed soon.

Hi,

Here's my repaint kit.
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Hello Zsoltquack

Do you plan to release "High Viz / MG-130" soon on FlightSim.Com ?
    Thanks in advance !

VaporZ

Hello,
    Upload today!
    Thank you the patience!
    Regards,
    Zsolt

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Thanks a lot Zsoltquack for the superb Finnish Air Force "High Viz" MG-130 !
    Please do not forget to also share with us on FlightSim.Com this Hungarian
    Air Force "Red 49" !

Thanks in advance !

VaporZ