A2A Propellers Video

Thread: A2A Propellers Video

A2A Propellers Video

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Magnificent!

A2A are really inovative!

Ben
    SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |PSU - CoolMaster 1000Watt Gold edition |MoBo - Asus Sabertooth X79 |CPU - Intel i7 3930K OC (4.6 GHz) |Display - ATI Gigabyte 7970 HD |3X4GB G.Skill |Controls - TM HOTAS WARTHOG (Serial No. 4523) Saitek Rudder Pedals |TrackIR 4 Pro

Blog Entries
    I'm going to stickie this. Its beautifully done and explains things so clearly that even a brick wall could understand it.. Great video.. Thanks A2A.
    Pam

Pam, I just spoke to my brick wall but I could not get much out of it
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Great video. The Spit is my all time favourite plane and IMO the most beautiful machine ever made.Once the Accu Sim is available I doubt I will fly much else.

I hate these video's.....
    I find my self trying use the mouse to look around and click on things!:isadizzy:

Please hurry A2A......This is gonna be great!

Jeff

oh boy I told myself I would hold off until the mustang but I don't know if I am going to be able to make it...and then I heard a rumor that a Spitfire Mk IX would be released sometime down the road as an addon to this spitfire...can someone confirm this one? If that is so, I will for sure get the spitifre Geez...Turbine Duke and A2A Spitfire about to be released...
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by pilottj View Post
    ...and then I heard a rumor that a Spitfire Mk IX would be released sometime down the road as an addon to this spitfire...can someone confirm this one? If that is so, I will for sure get the spitifre Geez...Turbine Duke and A2A Spitfire about to be released...
    I'm in the exact same camp, if they are doing the IX down the track I'll bite otherwise I'll hold and see about the P51
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

My deepest respect to Scott for the great explanation of how the different propellers work. The video is simply awesome and I can't wait for the relase :salute:

Blog Entries
    SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A2A ROCKS!
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Awesome!!!!!!!!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Excellent prop-type explanation.. clears up the confusion about a pilot controling blade-pitch with a constant-speed prop..

:salute:

Good teaching vid for those not in the know. Glad to see they have gotten the correct take off RPM on the Weybridge prop. Imagine taking off in a Merlin-powered aircraft with only 2200-RPM, compared to 3,000 with a constant-speed prop!

Charter Member 2011
    whilst absolutly awesome ... i cant help but think ... did the video delay the plane i want to get me dirtys mits on in any way!
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Good teaching vid for those not in the know. Glad to see they have gotten the correct take off RPM on the Weybridge prop. Imagine taking off in a Merlin-powered aircraft with only 2200-RPM, compared to 3,000 with a constant-speed prop!
    Lol I remember flying an old 172 that had a fairly high time O-360 on it that would only get 22-2300...climbout was rather slow Fortuantely it was just a quick training flight and I think that bird went in for it's overhaul soon after.
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It is a very nice explanation of the various propeller types, but the coolest thing about this model is that they combined the three different propellers in one model so you really experience the difference.

Nice job A2A!

Huub

SO...Why do I keep watching this video!!!!! I've sat through it 6 times already. How the weak minded are so easily entertained! LOL

Can't wait for the release to add to my Accusim collection!!

hey guys glad you are liking the video.

Its so different to fly an accuratly simulated prop aircraft + of course get over the age old limitation of having engine sounds tied to the throttle etc, wonderful.

And when people such as Dudley are saying that the simulation is good enough for people to 'check out' on the spit with, we are immensely proud of what has been achieved.

Excellent video!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

It's interesting what catches people's attention the most. For some it's the Spitfire. For others it has been the clear explanation of the propeller and how it works. For myself, the thing that caught my eye was 18:14, which is the length in minutes and seconds of the video.

When did YouTube expand their video time limit? I knew about the old 10 minute limit going to 15 a few months ago, but I didn't see anything about it being extended again. Or does this video count as a commercial video?

The reason I'm obsessing about this is that I've been making a video about the DC-2 and the 1934 MacRobertson air race. I've been trying to squeeze a 40 minute story into 15 minutes the last few weeks and it's making me :isadizzy:

Great job on the video.