Packers Win!

Thread: Packers Win!

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries

Packers Win!

RAJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Time to jump off the Sears Tower.....:isadizzy:
    ..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

The bears would have done better if they had a quarterback before the 4th quarter...

That Raji play was priceless though!

It was a classic..historic.. a game I'll remember to my grave..

Hard to any prouder of my Packers right now, for what they've accomplished this season..,, a veritable pro-bowl roster on injured reserves.. clawed their way into the playoffs.. and now.. *sniff*... ok.. gotta go compose myself..

Hey All,

Pretty predictable. No Bear offense due to the lack of a first rate Bear quarterback. The defense and special teams did enough - the offense failed them - although the 3rd stringer from Colorado made a great effort.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,

Pretty predictable. No Bear offense due to the lack of a first rate Bear quarterback. The defense and special teams did enough - the offense failed them - although the 3rd stringer from Colorado made a great effort.

-Ed-
    Agreed 100% EasyEd....Hopefully, we'll have a quarterback controversy next year with Cutler & Hanie...

If the Steelers win, then you'll see me with a CHEESEHEAD hat on....

... Speaking as a loyal Bears fan,....no doubt about it,...the Green Bay Packers deserved the win. Hats off to the Pack!:salute:
    ..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    We "Cheeseheads" here in Green Bay couldn't be any prouder of our team.
    I didn't go, but the crowd that greeted them at the airport when they got home last night was huge! Lot's of news coverage. Go figure.

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Agreed 100% EasyEd....Hopefully, we'll have a quarterback controversy next year with Cutler & Hanie...

If the Steelers win, then you'll see me with a CHEESEHEAD hat on....
    Say "Cheese" Panther!

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Say "Cheese" Panther!
    I'm definitely a CHEESEHEAD (for the moment)....

While I have the utmost amount of respect for the Steelers, my "like" of them died off in the Superbowl game against the Seahawks where it sure as heck seemed like somebody paid off the referee staff in favor of Pittsburgh...

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    I'm definitely a CHEESEHEAD (for the moment)....

While I have the utmost amount of respect for the Steelers, my "like" of them died off in the Superbowl game against the Seahawks where it sure as heck seemed like somebody paid off the referee staff in favor of Pittsburgh...
    Yeah.. I never like blaming refs.. but that game is a black-mark in NFL history.

......All the radio stations today in the Chicago area are dissecting and lamenting yesterday's game. What the Bears could have done better. Nothing really. They were out coached and out played. Simple as that.
    As a side note,...Dan Hampton,...one of the pillars of the 85' Bears... had predicted a Bear loss. In fact,..."Hamps" said only six Bear players could have made the starting line up on the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by brad kaste View Post
    ......All the radio stations today in the Chicago area are dissecting and lamenting yesterday's game. What the Bears could have done better. Nothing really. They were out coached and out played. Simple as that.
    As a side note,...Dan Hampton,...one of the pillars of the 85' Bears... had predicted a Bear loss. In fact,..."Hamps" said only six Bear players could have made the starting line up on the Packers.
    Interesting...

What I think about (re: starting lineup), is how this team would have played with Ryan Grant, Jermichael Finely, and Nick Barnett, in for the whole season, not to mention the other dozen starters on IR..

EDIT: That would like the Bears being without, Forte, Olsen and Urlacher for most of the season.

Good game yesterday. Although Cutler has been crowned the "franchise" quarterback for the Bears, I am still waiting for him to play like it.
    On another note, I am going to go to Bears camp this summer and try out for a spot on the roster. I figured if Todd Collins can collect a paycheck then I can too. I couldn't believe my eyes when they put him in the game. Two wasted offensive series. Our coaches obviously have no eye for talent in the NFL.
    Congratulations to the Packers and Packer fans.

Lightbulb

As I stated before,
    All of us Bear fans know the facts.....

And these are that we have a questionable quarterback & an anemic offense....To be honest, I'm surprised that we made it this far....

It's interresting how a team's "heritage", continues on and on, regardless of the coaching staff.

I've had this discussion with Viking fans too. They haven't had a championship cailber QB since Tarkenton (over 30 years)... and McMahon for the Bears goes back over 20 years. And even HE was a QB that was asked to pretty much not lose a game that Payton, and the defense could win.

Green Bay has gone from Favre to Rodgers (Majokowski before that), and during that span, championship QBs have passed through the Packer roster.. ala Brunell, Warner, Hasselbeck (at least 5 SuperBowl appearances between them).

Oh.. trivial side-note.. Who was the backup QB when the Pack won the SuperBowl in 1997 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett_Henderson View Post
    It's interresting how a team's "heritage", continues on and on, regardless of the coaching staff.

I've had this discussion with Viking fans too. They haven't had a championship cailber QB since Tarkenton (over 30 years)... and McMahon for the Bears goes back over 20 years. And even HE was a QB that was asked to pretty much not lose a game that Payton, and the defense could win.

Green Bay has gone from Favre to Rodgers (Majokowski before that), and during that span, championship QBs have passed through the Packer roster.. ala Brunell, Warner, Hasselbeck (at least 5 SuperBowl appearances between them).

Oh.. trivial side-note.. Who was the backup QB when the Pack won the SuperBowl in 1997 ?

Steve Bono?.................(I cheated,....I looked it up.....)

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Geez.... I forgot about Bono.

Don't forget about T.J. Rubley! :isadizzy:

Quote Originally Posted by brad kaste View Post
    Steve Bono?.................(I cheated,....I looked it up.....)
    Good guess.. he was signed by the Pack for the 1997 season.. but the 1996 season (1997 SuperBowl) backup was... (close your eyes, Bear Fans).. Jim McMahon.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett_Henderson View Post
    Good guess.. he was signed by the Pack for the 1997 season.. but the 1996 season (1997 SuperBowl) backup was... (close your eyes, Bear Fans).. Jim McMahon.
    Caught the question too late or I would have said McMahon. I disagree with your statement about McMahon asked not to lose games. He won a lot of games in spite of the Ditka. For example, the Vikings game in '85 where McMahon came in off the bench to throw a TD to Gault. Ditka sent in a screen pass on the play. McMahon looked up and saw Gault running free. When he got back to the sidelines, Ditka chewed him out. In the first few games of that season the Bear's defensive allowed a lot of points to be scored on them. They had not of won those games had the offensive not stepped up. I can only imagine what might have been if McMahon took conditioning seriously and stayed healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trans_23 View Post
    Caught the question too late or I would have said McMahon. I disagree with your statement about McMahon asked not to lose games. He won a lot of games in spite of the Ditka. For example, the Vikings game in '85 where McMahon came in off the bench to throw a TD to Gault. Ditka sent in a screen pass on the play. McMahon looked up and saw Gault running free. When he got back to the sidelines, Ditka chewed him out. In the first few games of that season the Bear's defensive allowed a lot of points to be scored on them. They had not of won those games had the offensive not stepped up. I can only imagine what might have been if McMahon took conditioning seriously and stayed healthy.
    Yeah.. that was an over generalization on my part.. I just don't classify him as a QB who could carry a team on is passing skills.. ala Montana, Favre, Elway, Marino, Manning..et al..

Funny now that I'm thinking about all of this.. in the seemingly never-ending QB drought in Chicago (they had 22 different QBs take snaps during the Favre era alone).. I lived in suburban Chicago in the early 70s ... never forget a Bear QB who nearly got 1000 yards rushing (in a 14 game season)... Bobby Douglass..

In my opinion, Brett, the drought continues. :isadizzy: