One for the Beaufighter

Thread: One for the Beaufighter

Didn't quite escape.

One for the Beaufighter

Just a quick note - now I've finally got around to doing all the screenshots on the other pages, I've uploaded RAF Little Snoring to the mix as well.

It was one of the earliest airfields I made and a lot of it didn't work, so I never released it. Last night, however, I found myself with a sleepy baby, a sleepy wife and some time on my hands, so I fixed all the bugs I could find, threw around some trucks (which I'll upload the libraries for at some point) and uploaded the airfield this morning.

Little Snoring was originally built as a bomber base, but spent most of the war as the home to night raiders - both Mosquitos and Beaufighters were based there once the Wellingtons and Lancasters left, but as we don't have a native Mosquito yet, it's most appropriate to use with Dave Garwood's Bristol Beaufighter, as the thread title implies.

The download can be found via http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/node/75 - there are half a dozen screenshots on the site as well, but I'll copy a couple of them to here as well.

Ian P.

Thanks Ian! Very much appreciated! However when I click on the link, I get page not found. Am I too quick?

Huub

can't find it..

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Thanks for the link towards the Beaufighter, but I tried to tell Ian that the link to RAF Little Snoring doesn't work.

Ian, I really don't want to hi-jack your thread, but as the airfield was used by Mosquitos it is perhaps the right occasion to ask Mr Dave Garwood whether there is any progress to report on his Mosquito. The pictures at Classic British file or Britsim as it is called now looked extremely good!

Cheers,
    Huub

Didn't quite escape.
    D'oh. Sorry. Capitalisation crisis. I changed the ZIP to zip and it will now work. Apologies for that.

Want another airfield to make up for it?

I was actually waiting for a certain-well-known-development-team to release their FSX version of a B-25 before releasing this one, but as it is showing no sign of materialising and I'm cleaning up things I have never got around to doing, I've uploaded this one too...

RAF Dunsfold was home to RCAF Mustangs, then spent most of the war being home to RAF B-25 Mitchell squadrons. After periods of time as a PoW reception centre, in Care & Maintenance, then as an airline's home base, it was used for testing a number of famous aircraft types including its most famous resident, the BAe Harrier.

These days a bunch of overgrown children drive borrowed cars around it like idiots for the TV cameras... Anyone would think it was a Tesco carpark in Essex or something.

And yes, I am more than aware that there are already versions of Dunsfold out there. I did this one a long time ago and just never released it.

Direct link: http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/node/77

Cheers,

Ian P.

Charter Member 2012

Ian P
    Thanks for the smoke signal about the new WWII Airbases.
    Have them downloaded and ready to install.

flyer01:salute:
    CFS3-MAW,PTO,DPC Korea, OFF2 and ETO Expansions

FSX Gold Edition

IL-2 Cliffs of Dover

Rise of Flight

DCS A-10C Warthog

Train Simulator 2012

Didn't quite escape.
    Thanks.

I think you might want to open another thread to ask about the Mossie, though, Huub - this being one of mine, most people won't have any interest in opening it to read!

Ian P.

Members who have read this thread: 0