Flightsim classics,....

Thread: Flightsim classics,....

Flightsim classics,....

Someone posted this over at SIMHQ, its absolutly brilliant.

I love it when they speak of the specs etc, some true classics in there and shows how far we have come!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...9843119861402#

You've come a long way baby! Thanks for posting.

Incredible! No blurries could be seen anywhere.

It´s funny how the definition of realism has changed over the years. I´m so glad MS decided to continue the FS franchise, and there will be also new simulators from other publishers in the future, which will provide more & more astonishing simulator experiences.

Boundaries have been pushed really far by addon developers so far, and the upcoming cloud shadowing will be a nice addition. I wish more realistically behaving water could be simulated, making carrier traps to CV´s bouncing 30' up&down in the sea possible.

I just took a ride in the VRS ´Bug around the chilly, Swiss Alps during sunset and immersive experinces like that can still stun. High definition virtual cockpits w/ well modelled systems, rich soundsets, photoreal terrain and HD clouds can feel almost real indeed.

Regarding the hardware shown in the video, they were probably adequate for desktop simmers back in the day, but quickly counting, I own nine different peripherals to control the pixels on the screen in addition to keyboard & mouse. And the 707 simulator seen briefly would be wicked to give a whirl.

Here´s a bit more up-to-date sim documentary.
    <object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/fEDDGRiFHnQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/fEDDGRiFHnQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Charter Member 2015
    Makes you wonder what sort of sims/pc's we'll have in 20 years from now.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    It reloads at 5 frames per second!..marvelous..

And Tank Killer, that was my fav sim ever, after Desert Storm, they revamped it with a DS campaign, the downside is that once done, that was it.

Prowler

haha yeah FS4...My grandpa had it not long after it came out and he had a yoke too. I used to have an FS3 promotional poster a long time ago, I don't remember what happened to it. Ironically it had larger than life World Trade Center buildings in the background with a Learjet flying away from them in the foreground.
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2015
    I remember when this was cutting edge!

[YOUTUBE]_UTyyps_cCk[/YOUTUBE]
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

ROFL....I had that on my ZX Spectrum too!
    Larry

When it came out, Lucas Arts' Their Finest Hour: Battle of Britain was the hottest thing going. I remember it well, no 3D world then, just 2D cockpits and a digital joystick on an Amiga 2000.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

This one is one of my childhood fave´s, highly recommended. Gameplay starts at about 3:30. I´m not sure though, if the modern keyboards can handle the amount of keypresses when four players share the same keyboard. Oh boy, the dogfights were intense.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/5KMiH4x7WTk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/5KMiH4x7WTk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>
    I won´t see your signature.