Check Out What A Friend Sent Me!

Thread: Check Out What A Friend Sent Me!

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries

Check Out What A Friend Sent Me!

I recently reconnected with an old friend. We both liked old Sci-Fi stuff.
    He told me he had several models of the Jupiter 2. All different sizes.
    He gave me a 12" diameter Polar Lights Kit! All parts still bagged.
    The box is not in the best shape but it's still pretty good.
    This just might have to be the first plastic model I build in about 15yrs!

Tboomer57

Dang Cool

Perserved.....

Piece of time gone by......

I like the crumpled box.........looks like it was in the attic...

And a honkin nice size.......That ain't no minature.

all you need now is the robot, chariot, and pod....

very cool, i loved that show, even though Zachary T. Smith creeped me out

Tboomer57

Where's my Spaceship

Yes.......old TV scifi maybe wearing thin for thread

and...

Someone has probably made about 10 posts somewhere about the Date of which the Jupiter 2 launched.........

But.......I was supposed to have a spaceship by now

Also.........they are using an overhead projector in 1997?? Oh my Gravy.....transparencies and overhead projectors......this shot is from alpha control.........suppose to be a high tech instrument of of some sort monitoring the alpha centauri quandrant....the future.....1997.

Yes........Doctor smith originally was creepy ( I had a guy in my sphere of ...people I had to associate with.........that was exactly like Dr. Smith).

.........later in the series the Dr. S schtick got just really queer and campy.

Model kits are like model trains, they're not supposed to be kept in their boxes! Build it and post pics when you're done.

I wonder what it would be worth over time if you kept it sealed up like it is? Might be worth checking before you open up the bags.

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    You know..you had a small fortune right there until you opened it..then again, itīs all about assembling it..itīs like Star Wars action figures, some other gee...er..collectors keep yelling at me when i tore the packaging, i donīt care, i want it, right there on my shelve...

If your friend have quite some of these, then he does have some good $$ in his hands, last time a vintage (real vintage, not those replicas made to look vintage) sold for 2k at ebay..

Best regards
    Prowler

Rockster234

American Pickers

I was thinking the same thing at the outset of this thread.........

But, every show I watch (American Pickers or Pawn AllStart or The Antique Roadshow), the box must be in mint condition, with the wrapper on, no finger prints, all the original parts....etc....

conterfeits..........

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    Itīs the same stuff with Star Wars action figures, mainly, the Bobba Fett character, sometime during the 90īs or early 2000īs someone got hold of the original figure molds, now you get ebay swamped with "original vintage" bobba fett figures, "mint"! each one sold at 70+ bucks, if you consider the hype around this particular character, you can easily sell 50 a month world wide for a period of time(depends on any particular hype on SW), not bad for a 2 to 3 hundred investment..
    Vintage toys are, perhaps, the most counterfeit products around, but if you do have one, consider yourself kind of lucky, sure, donīt go to a pawn shop or youīll get scr*w*d..go to ebay..lol..

Prowler

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    As far as opening it, it's just as when it arrived. Any loose parts were never in a bag. And that's only the large parts.
    But, here's the thing, I started looking at the box more closely and see that it must be a reissued model. It looks like another company, "Playing Mantis" reissued the kit in 1998. It does have their logo and date on the side of the box. But everything else on the box looks like it's from the late 60's early 70's.
    So I believe the $$$$ it's worth is probably in the $20-$40 range.
    Another reason my friend would have "given" it to me.