Only can chase one title in NASCAR!

Thread: Only can chase one title in NASCAR!

Only can chase one title in NASCAR!

New rules for the 3 series in NASCAR, drivers can only go for one title now. I never understood why Cup drivers could compete in the Nationwide series, isn't fair for those younger drivers.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...e-title-011011

Hey All,

As far as I can tell there is no limitation in racing in the other series - only that you can try for just one title. The reality is - in my opinion - that cup drivers drive nationwide races for only one purpose - testing for the cup race. You frequently hear cup drivers say "we learned something in the Nationwide race that we moved over to our cup car.." You will note that the Hendrick drivers don't do this but the teams chasing Jimmy Johnson do - both Harvick and Hamlin.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Question

How about cup drivers in ARCA :ques:

SOH-CM-2024
    As much as I agree with that proposal, I have to openly say that by doing so, NASCAR will be biting off their nose to spite their face. Not many people show up for the nationwide series as it is, I would image a field without Cup drivers would desimate the attendance more so.

Caz

About bloody time too!!
    Re the 'non-allocation' of points to Level 1 drivers, very simple and was in force for many years in Formula 2 and Formula 3, back in the days when people like Jimmy Clark drove in every class at an event.
    Drivers who were competing in Formula 1 were ranked as 'Grade One' and were never eligible for points in Formula 2 or Formula 3.
    This was a result of Honda and Brabham wiping the floor in the 'One Litre Screamer F3' series, IIRC 'Black Jack' and 'Denny The Bear' won everything on offer and probably convinced Honda that a move into F1 was a good idea.
    More or less from that year on, 'Graded Drivers' competed in the smaller categories but earned no points.
    Even allowing for the NASCAR Dumb-ass mentality they should be capable of coming up with a similar grading structure.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I have mixed feelings on this move by NASCAR.

Yes, separating the two divisions does give Nationwide drivers a better shot at winning the title, but if Sprint Cup drivers stop racing in Nationwide races, then the fan support for Nationwide may plummet.

As for cup drivers using Nationwide races to practice, back when the two series' cars were almost identical that was very true. That began to change when Sprint Cup went to the COT. Now Nationwide has it's own version of the COT and the two are definitely not the same. Some drivers may still opt to race in Nationwide, just for the experience and if they can find a team and car to drive. With no possibility of winning in both series, we may see a full split between the two.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Wonder how much the young Nationwide drivers learn by following/racing with the Cup drivers ?