Greetings from new member Mr_Glitch

Thread: Greetings from new member Mr_Glitch

Greetings from new member Mr_Glitch

Hello all and Greetings

I am a Scenery designer for http://pendercrafts.com/index3.htm We design mostly for FS9.
    our body of work is mostly Sci Fi models related to Irwin Allens Lost in Space, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and Land of the Giants TV shows. All of our Aircraft and most of the Scenery
    are freeware downloads. I hope you all enjoy them.

As a departure from our usual designs we are working on a couple of items that might intrest
    this community, first an aircraft F4u-1 birdcage Corsair, second a scenery, the Essex class aircraft carriers of the era. Both are still under developement but far enough along to post pics and videos.
    comments and critisim are both welcome. Here is a short video showing both models
    http://www.pendercrafts.com/Carls%20...airbetavid.wmv

Mr_Glitch

The Essex class carrier would be nice to have. There are no sailable examples that I'm aware of.

Have you considered that a model maker with the name Glitch is rather incongruous?

The carrier is a bit too large for a player aircraft. We have talked about a poly reduced version as a player aircraft though. As scenery we hope to do several at different locations. I have the Essex anchored at Pearl Harbor, The Franklin sitting off Makdo and the Yorktown sitting mid ocean near Jaluit.

On the forums at my site I am known as Mr_Sloww and Glitch both names are descriptive. Luckily my design partner Ronnie keeps me on the straight and narrow on both accounts.

Carl

Welcome to SOH Mr_Glitch!

Welcome, and I loved all of those 1960's scifi shows.

Charter Member 2015
    Welcome aboard,Mr Glitch. I too was a huge fan of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea!

Ever thought of developing for the dark side (FSX)?

Edit: I just took a look at your site...some great addons! I bet Bill (Lionheart) will get a kick out of them,if he hasn't come across these before!
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I thank you all for your welcome. I am not a complete newbie here. I was first a member back in the cfs1 days around 1999. I think my last Forums post back then was as IRAF_Paddy. When I was flying cfs1 online with Bill Higgins of Arshloch Fame.

Kilo Delta
    If you watch the video you will notice that the Corsair is not textured. Once all the parts are modeled We plan to use the same gmax model for both Fs9 and X. I will have to strip the Fs9 textures from the gmax scenery models we use to generate the Carriers, so they will probably have a little later release date in X than the Corsair. You should try the Mark Goddard Jupiter 2 It has Rob Barendregt's VTOL/hover control guage and can sit perfectly still if your joystick and throttle are steady enough.

Carl

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Glitch View Post
    If you watch the video you will notice that the Corsair is not textured. Once all the parts are modeled We plan to use the same gmax model for both Fs9 and X. I will have to strip the Fs9 textures from the gmax scenery models we use to generate the Carriers, so they will probably have a little later release date in X than the Corsair.

Carl

Excellent news! :ernae:
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Welcome to SOH!

Will there be landable version of the Essex class? Carrier landings are one of the things I like to do in FS9.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

The carriers are already landable scenerys. One of my favorite short hops. When I have time to fly, is to lift from the Franklin off Makdo, fly south to Pearl Harbor and attemp to land on the Essex. No arrestor cable. Whee....

By the way Willy, as a Senior Administrator you may want to move this post to the Donation Ware Forum as both models are being developed as donation or pay ware.

Carl

Members who have read this thread: 0