Black Voids in Addon Scenery

Thread: Black Voids in Addon Scenery

Black Voids in Addon Scenery

I recently downloaded and installed Drew Sikora's New Jersery airports for MegaSceneryEarth. They really do add a little something to the areas where they are located. I do have a problem with a couple of the airports though, in that there are black voids in the shape of a few of the buildings, but no skins on them. I already did a delete and re-adding on one in FSX, but no luck. I suppose I could completely remove it and reinstall and see it that works. Any other ideas?

You might drop him an email and inquire about his methodology. He seems like a nice guy from what I've seen of his postings elsewhere. And most developers appreciate the fan mail!

You will see the black object because there are no texture files for FSX to paint onto the model file. He will see the textures because they are on his computer. He may not realize that not including the textures causes the visual problems you see. I *think* the object MDL file is placed into the airport file itself, so it's difficult to keep track of those things at times. Ideally, any object MDL files would be in a scenery library file and the airport file then just references the scenery library file to place and show stuff.

Check with him, as it's doesn't sound like anything is wrong on your end, unless... The download package does have texture files and you aren't getting them in the right spot?

icarus
    there are no texture files for FSX to paint onto the model file. He will see the textures because they are on his computer. He may not realize that not including the textures causes the visual problems you see.
    this can happens with hundreds of texture files so it is usually better having two computers at home and test before release or having betatester friends and then release. But sometimes happens also that someone making the review forget to add the texture and publish a review of the scenery with black models grrrr:salute:

noone is perfect at this world but i am working on

Thanks guys, I'll drop him an email and enquire about this, as I also have a small issue about the start location on one of the airports not being on the airport at all.

I contacted Drew Sikora about this and he was very helpful and patient and we got it figured out and fixed. Possible corruption in the download or install of one of the scenery files. Thanks again Drew for being there to help.

Members who have read this thread: 0