Need help 460gtx

Thread: Need help 460gtx

Need help 460gtx

See my question I posted in the toy room http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=48075

Thanks

Jim

Well, I got the card and installed today. Used driver sweep to rid myself of the old driver. All is good in the FSX world but seems my browser "aol and internet" have lost all connection with running videos and music. So something happened and I have been racking my brain all day trying to fix.Tried 3 drivers so far for this card today..currently 263.00Adobe flash uninstalled and installed againAol uninstalled and installed againRestored computer to early today before card was put in and it would not restore to that point. Will try a Sat another restore point.I have windows7 64....800watt power supply. Had no problem yesterday playing music or video off the internet so has to be something that happend with the install. Might try removing 460 card and put the 8800gtx back in and see what happens. If anyone else has heard of something like this happening let me know. Must sleep now.ThanksJim

Charter Member 2011
    Fort Rucker, Alabama, United States, United States
    I'm thinking a video driver would not cause those problems. It may be that driver cleaner removed something. When you say 'my browser aol and internet', what do you mean by this? Does your internet connection work on that system (not sure if your using a different one)? Have you used different browsers (i.e. Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Google Chrome) to trouble shoot a setting that may have changed?

I have an AOL launch Icon that I use as my primary internet access and I also gone into and used the internet explorer ( 64 bit). Internet in general works. I have connections and graphics do work on the webpages just no moving graphics work. But when I try to play a youtube vid or launch the aol radio nothing works. Youtube and other tube sites I just get a black box where the video should play. It then flags me to download Adobe flash to view the vid. Thats the kicker becasue I have it downloaded (Adobe flash player plugin 10.2152.14 and Adobe flash player 10 activex 10.2152.14 ) and did the version they recommended. Tried another system restore point but did not fix the issue. Also booted from windows 7 disk and ran the repair option and that did not help either. Still stumped. Sad Jim

Charter Member 2011
    Is Javascript enabled in you Internet Explorer. Tools/Internet Options/Security Tab, select Internet, Custom Level, scroll down to Scripting and ensure the Active Scripting/Enabled radio button is selected.

I would also suggest deleting your Temporary Internet Files. Tools/Internet Options/General Tab, Browsing History Delete button, Ensure Temporary Internet Files block is checked and uncheck blocks you would like to keep. Click Delete button.

Go to youtube and attempt to load a video. If it still does not work, hold down the Ctrl key while selecting refresh, maintain holding down the Ctrl key until video loads. Does video load?

If not repost here.

Tried all your suggestion but still did not work. The java script was enabled already. Ctrl refresh left me with the same black box. Thanks for all the suggestion though. If it comes down to it would a new install fix the issue? I don't have a whole lot on my computer beside FSX and all the addons and pictures and I can transfer those over to a seperate drive. If you have any other suggestion I am up for trying. My goodness, I was all excited about this card and testing flight sim this weekend and getting machine tweaked with new card and I am still on step one with the aftermath of instaling the card. Jim

I am going to uninstall the adobe flash player using their uninstaller and reinstall. I don't think I used their uninstaller the first time so maybe thats the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by limjack View Post
    I am going to uninstall the adobe flash player using their uninstaller and reinstall. I don't think I used their uninstaller the first time so maybe thats the ticket.
    failed attempt....did not work

Have you tried creating a new FsX.cfg? Simply remove the old one and save it somewhere for your custom settings and reboot FsX.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Charter Member 2011
    Are you getting any type of error codes? Have you been to the Flash Player Troubleshooting webpage at Adobe and been through that process?

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html

Charter Member 2011
    I noticed you said no moving graphics work? Are 'Play animations in webpages' selected in Tools/Internet Options/Advanced Tab, scroll down to Multimedia and ensure there is a checkmark in 'Play animations in webpages' selection box.

Charter Member 2011
    I just remembered flash doesn't run on 64bit browsers. You should have an option to run Internet explorer 32 bit version. In the program list you should have two Internet Explorer Icons one will have '(64bit)' the other wont have anything, that will be the 32 bit. Try running the 32 bit version Internet Explorer and try a youtube video.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Have you tried creating a new FsX.cfg? Simply remove the old one and save it somewhere for your custom settings and reboot FsX.
    Hi Roger,Fsx is doing ok on the new card but really have not had a chance to test it out. I got sidetracked with the internet giving me run around after I installed this new card. Something got messed up so trying to fix. So FSX is ok.Jim

Quote Originally Posted by scottmm73 View Post
    I just remembered flash doesn't run on 64bit browsers. You should have an option to run Internet explorer 32 bit version. In the program list you should have two Internet Explorer Icons one will have '(64bit)' the other wont have anything, that will be the 32 bit. Try running the 32 bit version Internet Explorer and try a youtube video.
    Copy that Scott, I have been reading a lot of threads with folks with same problem. I have been trying to run the IE 32 all day but it is not opening. Others having same issue. Sitting on the couch with I pad searching the internet for solutions but none to be found yet. Funny how it all worked two days ago. Will keep plugging away at it, it can't be that hard. Thanks Scott for all your help though.Jim

Taking a break from computer and going into the real world today to see a buddy.

Charter Member 2011
    What version of Internet Explorer are you using? Help/About Internet Explorer will tell you your version.

Version 8.0.7600 16385 64 bit and of course unsure of the 32 bit explorer since I can't access it. I just tried the internet explorer reset but did not help.

Well, I had the windows 7 boot disk in and ready to wipe it all clean and thought to go back into the computer and check a drivers name for my WD storage disk and saw that I had a backup of my system that I had saved on there so went ahead and system restored to that backup and everything works again. IE 32 bit now plays nice and AOL is in the game as well.

I am glad the torture is over and now can rest without thinking I will try one more thing. Thanks so much Scott for all you tried to do for me:salute:. I though for sure we would come across a solution.

Now then, to FSX and get it acquainted with its new graphics card...wheeeeeew!

Happy Jim

Charter Member 2011
    Makes me wonder what started the whole thing anyways? Are you still using the 460?

[edit]Note to self, finish reading whole post before clicking reply[/edit]

LOL, yes I just got done testing the gtx460 and tweaking the configuration of fsx and "I LOVE IT". So far test have shown increase on fps on the PMDG 747. This is the plane I wanted to fly and with the 8800gtx card I got black screen city all the time and fps 6-9 at ksea. Tonight I got 16-18 fps and a very smooth flight from what I am used to so it is a winner in my book. I also noticed that PNW is handling a lot better with this card and the faster aircraft. So the suffering was worth it.

Don't know what happend when I installed the card to casue such a fuss. I noticed also my microsoft office would not work either so something got messed with and I havn't a clue but I am sure it was user error some how. Just glad its over with.

Jim

Members who have read this thread: 0