Vertigo Studios F9F Panther Released
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vertigo Studios F9F Panther Released

Vertigo Studios F9F Panther Released

Vertigo Studios F9F Panther

Compatibility : FSX SP2 and Acceleration
    List Price : £19.99
    Delivery : Digital Download Only (Retail Box coming soon)

Product Description

Built only for FSX SP2 and Acceleration, the Panther has '2' highly detailed virtual cockpit complete with 3d gauges, authentic textures and a whole range of historically-accurate features.

Watch and listen as countless animations and sound effects bring the mighty J48 engine to life. Fly fast paced bombing sorties or fire rockets and machine guns at the enemy whilst the accurate flight dynamics adapt to the ever-changing situation!

Introduction

Emerging from World War II as one of the most potent fighting arms on the planet, the US Navy recognized that the day of the piston-engine fighter was drawing to a close. Having supplied the fleet with the Tigercat and Bearcat, Grumman began design work on a carrier-based fighter to rival the McDonnell FH-1 Phantom. A conventional design with straight wings and excellent low speed characteristics, the first of 567*F9Fs reached the fleet in 1949 originally powered by a Rolls-Royce Nene engine providing 5,000 pounds of thrust.

They were none too soon. On August 6, 1950, Panthers were the first carrier jets to see action in Korea and performed almost half of all attack missions for the Navy and Marine Corps. Armament included four 20mm cannon plus two bombs or an assortment of rockets. Among the major Panther variants were the*F9F-2B, a modified ground attack version with hardpoints for underwing stores; the F9F-5, the most numerous model, of which 616 were built; and the F9F-5P, an unarmed photo-surveillance version. A swept-wing model, the*F9F-6 Cougar*with higher speeds, would enter service in late 1951.

Noteworthy Features
    • As with every Vertigo Studios aircraft, it is gorgeously constructed, inside and out.
    • 2 x models included, F9F-5 and F9F-5P
    • Designed and built by the book.
    • Comes complete with a comprehensive PDF manual.
    • 3D ‘Sound Cone’ Technology with an amazing sound set, engineered using authentic Pratt & Whitney J48 recordings.
    • Every object or function creates a realistic noise!
    • Tru3D dynamic load editor that will affect aircraft weights on the fly.
    • DirectX 10 compatible models complete with virtual cockpit self-shadowing.
    • Systems and Tru3D gauges for ultimate realism taken beyond what's available by default.
    • Tru3D Instrumentation for the ultimate smooth flying experience.
    • Tru3D gauge lighting brings the instruments to life at night!
    • Fully customised lighting control system, including individually created night-lighting effects.
    • V-studios customised high-resolution materials give the most realistic appearance to the
    • aeroplane, whilst being optimised for great performance!
    • 6 historically accurate and detailed paint schemes.
    • Fuel delivery system is accurately simulated.
    • Fuel Tip Tank Dumping system.
    • 2D Pop-ups, Configuration Editor, GPS and Radio.
    • Realistic canopy operation and animation.
    • Fully operable weapons pack with multiple munitions, including guns, bombs and rockets!
    • Light bloom on glass and shiny materials.
    • Exciting custom-made effects.

Configuration Editor

A configuration editor is provided in-game to allow the F9F to be totally customised and readied for any sortie! Ammunition can be loaded by the round, with each unit affecting the weight individually. Weights are accurate to the weapon type, with cannon rounds weighing more than the machine gun!

Every object configured via the editor will affect the weight and performance of the F8F in real-time.
    • Rockets and bombs can be deployed with a realistic after-effect exerted upon the aeroplane!
    • Many specific features of the editor include:
    • Chocks – wheel chocks can be select using this option.
    • Covers – a canopy cover with tie-down blocks can be displayed using this option.
    • Pilot – the pilot can be hidden or displayed using this option.
    • Rockets – rockets can be attached and hidden which allow for firing.
    • Bombs – the bombs can be attached and hidden which allow for releasing.
    • Fuel tanks - the fuel tanks add additional scope to your flights which allow for detaching.
    • External fuel tanks, available on both models, although in reality never carried on the F9F-5
    • and only rarely on the F9F-5P.
    • Guns – Guns can either be displayed or hidden which also allow for firing.
    • Ammunition – can be added or removed depending on the given situation.

Charter Member 2011
    looks fantastic, congrats!
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Congrats on another fine release guys!
    Vance
    Sonic Solutions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hope I get this downloaded before my kids come home, fire up their laptops & leech all my download speed
    as I cant wait to fly this beauty!

Looks lovely! I see the piggy bank looking worried!

I wonder (being a UK concern) if one day we might have a Meteor of this standard? Possibly (with the exeception of Rick P's 2004 T7) the most overlooked (historically important) aircraft seldom seen in MSFS!

I'll second that, a Meteor would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by calypsos View Post
    Looks lovely! I see the piggy bank looking worried!

I wonder (being a UK concern) if one day we might have a Meteor of this standard? Possibly (with the exeception of Rick P's 2004 T7) the most overlooked (historically important) aircraft seldom seen in MSFS!
    Personally I wouldn't rule anything out

OK one more, real weather over Hawaii!!

Attachment 27323

The trim tab on the right aileron is free floating above the wing trailing edge when viewed from the VC, from the external view it's attached properly. Anyone else have this happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    The trim tab on the right aileron is free floating above the wing trailing edge when viewed from the VC, from the external view it's attached properly. Anyone else have this happening?
    Any problems please submit them to the support desk.

Got mine ordered.

Won't be able to fly it till late this afternoon though...

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Any problems please submit them to the support desk.

OK, done.

I'd still be interested in knowing if anyone else has had the same thing with their download.

Other than that, this is a very fine job of modelling you've done....and the paints are stellar.

This is one nice piece of work! Thanks Dean...great job! (I just hate that this website shrinks my screenshots...)
    http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/im..._36_12_535.jpg
    http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/im..._44_46_375.jpg
    http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/im..._35_50_980.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    OK, done.

I'd still be interested in knowing if anyone else has had the same thing with their download.

Other than that, this is a very fine job of modelling you've done....and the paints are stellar.
    Hi Bone, Thanks for that appreciated - it allows me to keep everything in one place for the future.

Gorgeous!
    When my credit card recovers after Christmas I must get it.:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Just performing a server reboot, nothing to be alarmed about, everyone keep to the edges and walk in a straight line, please no running as this will only cause panic.

Thanks Guys...it's easy to take good pictures when you have such a photogenic subject.

Great aircraft! The work on the glass relection of the canopy is really great. Increase immersion indeed. Wonderful little bird. thanks VS!:ernae:

Deano will this be available via flightsimstore.com as well ?
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Hi JayKae, not for sometime I'm afraid. Anything I can help you with ?

Nah, it's cool, I just like to keep my purchases at one place but in this case I think I will buy later today when I come back from the doctor .. thanks Deano
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

That`s an fantastic aircraft----thank you!
    An unbelievable level of detail,inside and outside.
    The Gauges moves smooth as silk and that kind of
    nightlight in the VC i`ve never seen before.
    Also the soundset is great.
    You get an impressive feeling of flying an old jetfighter.
    Simply a must have.
    Michael

I just sent in a support ticket with a few little things I found.

Overall though she's a blast to fly. I love the whine of the jet engine. The flight model is definitely acceptable for the type, though I've not had a chance to look at the numbers yet. The model and textures are also both very good.

Looks like a great release guys! :salute:

EDIT: I just noticed that when you raise the flaps one notch from full, the inner flaps don't retract.

EDIT 2: Just found another one. When you hit shift 7 to bring up the GPS it doesn't display anything but a black square box on the bottom of the screen. I get a bunch of errors when I try to open the cfg in FS Panel Studio too. The window where the GPS should be isn't showing up in the list of windows.

EDIT 3: The texture on the rear view mirror in the VC is flickering a bunch. Dunno if it was meant to be like that or not though.

EDIT 4: I hope there aren't any more edits... lol

Members who have read this thread: 4