Douglas DC2 update available
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Douglas DC2 update available

Douglas DC2 update available

Dear customers.

Today, 31-12-2010, the "UIVER" Team published an update for the Douglas DC2 for FSX.

This update is free for existing customers of the Native FSX version. Just download the package again HERE, and re-install using your old key.

!!YOU DON'T HAVE TO PURCHASE AGAIN, JUST CLICK RE-INSTALL IN THE FLIGHT1 PURCHASE SCREEN!! (I don't mean to shout )

Features:

These are now the default liveries available:

Modern Aviodrome Uiver,
    TWA,
    Swiss Air Lines (Neutrality Colours)

FSX, with it's numerous versions, and with all hardware available out there, is quite difficult to have working for everybody in a satisfactury way.
    But now all issues reported by previous customers were fixed.

Exterior:
    - Some small mapping issues fixed
    - Some small 3D enhancements here and there
    - Small update to the flightmodel

The power cart (external power) has some enhancements for FSX+Acceleration.
    In order for it to work in FSX SP2, change the following in the electrical section in the aircraft.cfg

[electrical] // changed HN Nov 29 2010
    max_battery_voltage = 24.0 // with FSX SP2 set = 28.2, with FSX Accel set = 24.0

Interior:
    - 3D modelled gauges all around
    - All gauge glass have a tooltext, those gauges with more needles have split glass, in order to have appropriate tooltips for all needles
    - Middle clicking the OBS knob on the old VOR1/2 gauge, will toggle the VOR1/2.
    - Some 3D enhancements here and there
    - Some texture enhancements in VC and cabin (check the seatbelt sign )
    - Modern Bendix radio: this now has by default COM1 and NAV2, and alternatively ADF1 and NAV1 (like already implemented in the old style radio)
    You can now switch the COM1 to ADF1 (click the com1 text on the gauge face. to go to adf1, and click adf1 text to go back to com1)
    And you can now switch the NAV2 to NAV1 (click the NAV2 text on the gauge face to go to NAV1, and click NAV1 text to go back to NAV2)
    Now all avionics in the modern VC can be tuned as well, all with 3D buttons and visibility states.

That's it basically.
    We hope you will use the update, and enjoy our Douglas DC2 even more!

New customers, you will all help the Aviodrome Museum, in keeping the Douglas DC2 in flying condition, for you to enjoy in the (European) airshow circuit in the New Year, 2011!

And remember, No DC3 without the DC2.

Best regards,

Rob Cappers, on behalf of the "UIVER" Team
    and a Happy New Year to you all :salute:
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Dang Rob I have not even had a chance to smash up the one I just bought a month ago.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Even after all the truly great planes that have come out for FSX since your original DC-2 release, your DC-2 is still one of the very best that we have and far more immersive than most. Really looking forward to getting this update installed. Thanks Rob!!

cheers,
    steve

Could somebody please post some screenshots of the new VC?

glad to help project

Many thanks for the update, downloading now, keep it flying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Thank you for the update!! :salute:

She looks and flys GREAT!!!

Happy New Year to you as well!!

Rick
    Tampa, FL

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    Could somebody please post some screenshots of the new VC?
    Here you go

Attachment 26750Attachment 26751Attachment 26749

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

I'll get mine up very soon!

For those who have not purchased this addon, the 3-D gauges are the icing on the cake!
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    Here you go
    Thanks! I think I'll grab one come monday. I saw the beautiful TWA one at Airventure this year. It'd be cool to have her in the sim. The DC-3 that was recently released just ain't doin it for me, maybe I'll have better luck with this...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    The DC-3 that was recently released just ain't doin it for me, maybe I'll have better luck with this...
    Trust me Kiwikat, You will!

My logbook is populated with 3 A/C: Accu-sim B-17, A2A Spitfire (Soon to be accu-simmed) and the Uiver Dc-2 3-D update
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Hum, wonder how i can get that VC in my Buffalo DC-2 like papab?

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post

All old repaints work. I tested a Buffalo one myself a couple of weeks ago
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

Here are some screenshots of the updated DC-2 - The reason why there are so many Eastern screenshots is because I like that livery, and there was a beautiful sunset that day in FSX.

As much as the Aviodrome pilots would not approve of that last screenshot , it is my little tribute to those who are part of the restoration and running of this magnificent bird. If you havent already purchased this, please reconsider, as ALL profit goes to the Uiver foundation. I'll try and post some more later tonight.
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

Does the RXP GNS430W fit in that spot on the panel with no problems?

TBH I am not sure, the a GPS430 is a GPS430, so maybe it will fit. I'm sure Rob or one of the other beat testers can fill you in. :salute:

BTW - All of my screenshots are done in a vanilla FSX - so what you see is what you get. No snake oil here
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

I finally got around to purchasing the DC-2 today - it's been on my mind for quite some time, and this update definitely pushed me over the fence.

What a great aircraft - first flight, with medium fuel loads, and no passenger weight, I was able to perform a perfect full-flap landing with a touchdown speed at just 42-43 kts (48-49 mph) - amazing! And I can't wait to do it again!

Having seen the Clay Lacy "TWA" Douglas DC-2 in person, it is great to be able to fly such a well-done rendition in FSX.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

I know John!

The landing abilities of this aircraft are incredible! She also handles so sweetly!
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

I finally got around to purchasing the DC-2 today - it's been on my mind for quite some time, and this update definitely pushed me over the fence.
    Having seen the Clay Lacy "TWA" Douglas DC-2 in person, it is great to be able to fly such a well-done rendition in FSX.
    Even after all the truly great planes that have come out for FSX since your original DC-2 release, your DC-2 is still one of the very best that we have and far more immersive than most.
    Thanks, all of you, for your compliments!
    As you probably know, you can put any FSX VC into any FSX extrerior model, by editing the model.cfg. If you need more help, I can explain further.
    Does the RXP GNS430W fit in that spot on the panel with no problems?
    I cannot tell you, since I don't own those gauges. The 3D knobs we have, work with the implemented SimFlyer gauges. Also the modern Bendix KX 165A radio works together with the SF gauges, so I'm not sure all our coding is compatible with RXP stuff. On the other hand, the SF gauges do the job quite well

Cheers, Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Thank you very much for the updated aircraft.It is much appreciated.

best

nio

:salute:

Thank you for this DC2 Update

Italo

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Glad you all like her! Rob & co. did an excellent with this latest update; it really just keeps getting better! :salute:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Thank you very much for the update!
    A really great aircraft.
    Michael

Ga hem installeren als we weer thuis zijn!
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

I can't even taxi this thing to the runway...

Is there a cfg edit I can make so the tailwheel turns with the rudder, "easy" steering? I don't have two throttles and the differential braking just isn't working.

EDIT: I guess I found the commented out line in the CFG. Should've looked there before posting...

She works like a charm now! Looks and flies very nicely as well!

EDIT 2: Just finished my first flight with her and I gotta say she doesn't disappoint. This is definitely one of the best "budget friendly" addons for FSX!

The perfect crosswind trainer!
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

Members who have read this thread: 3