Ted, what type of upgrades (if any) would you do - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ted, what type of upgrades (if any) would you do

Charter Member 2015
    When you've it all up and running,FSX installed and TrackIR doing it's thing.......be prepared to put in a lot of sim time!!! :d
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    When you've it all up and running,FSX installed and TrackIR doing it's thing.......be prepared to put in a lot of sim time!!! :d
    Hehe, that's what I was figuring. I've a fellow friend who suggested I get it. It sounded real nice as he was literally cramming the experience he gets from it into my ear. Next thing I knew it was ordered. I'll likely disappear off SOH radar but, I'll be sure to write!!

Newegg is great and I've never had a problem with them. Glad they handled that situation so well.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I regret to say, due to circumstances beyond my control, the build has been canceled and all hardware is going back to the retailers.

Like a fart in the wind..I say bye bye to my dream pc

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    I regret to say, due to circumstances beyond my control, the build has been canceled and all hardware is going back to the retailers.

I am genuinely sorry to hear that. I know how much you were looking forward to it. Hopefully, you will be able to get the FS experience that you want some time soon.

Paul

Blog Entries

Wow that is sad! Sorry OleBoy
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Charter Member 2015
    Sorry to hear that,Oleboy. Don't worry,though, your day will come.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

At this point if I could get a machine put together that would play FS9 extremely, I'd be happy. I've got all the goodies for that one. Mine just isn't cutting the mustard anymore.

Blog Entries
    At this point if I could get a machine put together that would play FS9 extremely, I'd be happy. I've got all the goodies for that one. Mine just isn't cutting the mustard anymore.

Scroll down and check this out:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...922#post543922

You don't need to spend $2000 or more to run FSX as long as you keep the thing in perspective. You cut back on some of the sliders and turn your aircraft and scenery way up!

Appreciate that Ted. I'll take note of it for future reference. Though I don't foresee it becoming reality anytime soon.

Set in stone. Ordered last night.

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
    I7 2600K
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
    GTX 570
    300gb Velociraptor
    150gb Velociraptor
    WD WD6401AALS 640gb (will replace 2tb drive on other pc for swap to new pc)
    Lite-on DVD Burner
    CORSAIR Professional Series AX850

Blog Entries
    You're about to be a very happy camper...well uh FSXer!
    Ted

My decision, for all intense purpose, and plenty of reading, was to follow through when time and funding allowed. For about a year now my wife and I have been trying to get rid of two four wheeler atv's. The economy just is not right for selling anything. It's been a buyers market. For the most part, they know cash talks. I had many offers in the past year and declined them. I received a phone call by someone wanting to buy. I told him the price I was asking was FIRM. He showed up yesterday and handed me cash @ asking price. He was happy. I took it in the shorts about 3 grand due to the economy, but it had been sitting in the garage for nearly 5 years with no use.

I had considered waiting for the new chip that's coming. I didn't think about twice. I placed my order. I'm done waiting!!

Charter Member 2015
    Congrats on the new build,Oleboy.

Yeah, my time has finally come. I really look forward to seeing that UPS guy pull in my drive. I hope this is worth the recent frustrations. Part of them being what hard drive. SSD or what. Prices pretty much nailed my choice, ruling the SSD out. I wanted a minimum of 250gb. I also wanted to see them cost less. SSD was really out!! I just made the decision and paid for the dang stuff

System is built. Up and running. 640 gig HD was DOA. Should be in this better pilots seat by noonish tomorrow