How many of you..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many of you.....

The livery is included in the (payware) AH/JF Spitfire set.

But the repaint has been done for Akemi's CFS2 Spitfire Mk.Vb as well.

Thr repaint is located here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...fo&FileID=1089

The Akemi's model can be found here: http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/hago/hangar3.htm

It is an older CFS2 model, but the external model is very nice. I used to fly it in FS9 with a modified flight model and an improved VC, but I'm afraid I have lost these file a long time ago.

I might do the repaint for Bruno's Vb somewhere in the future. This is a lovely model, but hardly flyable in FS9......

Cheers,
    Huub

Cheers,
    Huub

D'oh!!

As Homer Simpson would say, lol. I've got the JF Spit pack along with, most other spits for FS9, was a bit gutted that Plane design didn't release their Spit pack, whilst the bubble-top looked great, they're not my cuppa, so didn't get that one.

:ernae:
    Jamie

My sister summed up my love of FS2004 this way,
    "Since you built all those model airplanes as a kid this is just a natural progression for you."

Reading the lists of what everyone built brought back memories, I still remember my first kit that I built by myself at age 8, a Revell He219.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post

One name which hasn't been mentioned yet! Do you still remember the crisp Heller Bf109 B/C?

Heller made great models and always had a special subject, where most manufactures chose for the more popular E,F and G models, Heller made the rare B/C model.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Ah Heller! They were a little more daring in their choice of subjects - as well as the Bf 109C they also produced a very nice Bf 108 Taifun. And they put thought into their models, that gave them the ability to give multiple options - they did a whole range of Saab fighters, the Lansen, Draken and Viggen with the choice of a variety of options including the various photo recce models. And I remember their Vampire very fondly.

Another manufacturer that seems not to have been mentioned yet is Italeri - now they WERE adventurous. Horsa, He III Zwilling, many & various Luftwaffe bombers & fighters, obviously a variety of Italian subjects that nobody else would have touched ...... Just too many to mention! Their 1/48th C-130 Hercules could have easily doubled as a piece of occasional furniture!
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    And I remember their Vampire very fondly.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Another manufacturer that seems not to have been mentioned yet is Italeri - now they WERE adventurous.
    Again, me too. Had a Do217 Night fighter by them and loved it, Had one missing bit and was distraught for want of a better word, lol.

Jamie

Growing up in a small town in a very sparsely populated county, there weren't any hobby shops. The only models I could get my hands on were at the local K-Mart. The basic WW2 planes, such as the Mustang, Thunderbolt, Spitfire, or the modern flame throwers like the F-15 and F-16. The bulk of the models were of cars and trucks....what would you expect to find in a place were 95% of the population was gap toothed hilljacks who wore AC/DC t-shirts to their weddings and decorated their house trailers with those black velvet Elvis tapestries.

Sure, I built a number of P-51s, P-47s, F-4s, F-16s. And more muscle and classic cars and 4X4 truck models than I can remember.

But, the planes that are my favorites in FS9 I have never seen a model for. Piper Super Pacer, Piper J-3 Cub, Cessna T-50 Bobcat, Beech D-18, Cessna 140.

While it is nice to be able to fly the planes that I built models of all those years ago, I think it would be nicer to build models of the planes that I fly most often in FS9. I would love to have a nice yellow Cub hanging from the ceiling of my office/sim room; To have a gleaming bare metal D-18 sitting on the shelf above my monitor; to have a tundra tired Super Pacer sitting on top of my computer case a foot and a half from where I am sitting. And I would love to build a from scratch Bobcat using balsa wood, wire and cloth.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Think my first foray was a 1/72 Airfix Hawker Typhoon; many,many more followed; you could get a series 1 kit for 1 shilling and sixpence; which became 20p on decimalisation; I could get one every 4 weeks on my 5p pocket money!!

Ho-hum

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    But, the planes that are my favorites in FS9 I have never seen a model for. Piper Super Pacer, Piper J-3 Cub, Cessna T-50 Bobcat, Beech D-18, Cessna 140.

OBIO
    You're like me; I dearly wish some of the mainline model manufacturers - or some of the "cottage industry" resin types - would pay more attention to vintage and general aviation subjects. I'm not a big fan of modern military jets as I know the probability of me ever sitting in the cockpit of one - let alone flying one - is as likely as me growing a 14-point rack of antlers by lunchtime. I like sim flying and modeling aircraft I've been fortunate enough to fly or are most likely to fly in the future, plus a few a know are pipe dreams but that I'm a fan of none-the-less.

I've currently got Testor's 1/48 scale Ryan PT-20/ST-M in my stash waiting to be done up as a polished NMF civie ST-A Special. The Ryan has to be one of the prettiest aeroplanes ever conceived and I'd do handsprings at the chance to take a hop in one but I doubt I could squeeze my lumbering 6'2", 300+ lbs frame into either pit. I also have one of the old AMT Stinson SR-9 Reliant kits (gotta love gullwing Stinsons!), and a Minicraft Cessna 150 that I'm going to do a Texas taildragger conversion on (hopefully I can figure out how to replicate the Horton STOL wingtips).

I also have one of the rare 1/48 scale Beech D-18/C-45's by Battle Axe. The Battle Axe kit is a nightmare of clunky cockpit details, warped parts, "short shot" parts, and soft, indistinct surface detail but it was, and still is, the only Beech 18 available in 1/48. Belcher Bits had planned to produce a complete Beech 18 in 1/48 scale some years ago, but the project got shelved when the Battle Axe kit came out; too bad as I think it probably would have been a far superior model.

I've got a set of RCAF CT-128 (C-45H) decals for it from JBOT, but I think I may sacrifice those for a custom set of Beechcraft factory "Speedbird" designs for a polished metal civilian version. Still, I do wish someone would come out with a really decent quarter-scale Beech 18. I know there are some decent 1/72 scale Twin Beeches out there, but if I want something that small I prefer to buy metal die cast models.

I'd also love to see a few other vintage and general aviation types given their due, too, such as the Erco Ercoupe 415, Aeronca Champs/Chiefs/and Sedan, parasol-winged Stinson's and Fairchild's, the Davis D-1-K and D-1-W, Fairchild 24, Pietenpol Aircamper, Stolp Starduster, the Skyote, the ubiquitous but terrific Vans RV series, short-wing Pipers, Meyers 200, Piper Tomahawk, Grumman American/AGAC/Tiger AA-5B Tiger, Beechcraft C-90B King Air, Socata TBM-700, Cessna 310R, Porterfield Collegiate, Globe-Temco Swift and Super Swift, Curtiss Robin, De Havilland Dragonfly and Dragon Rapide, Arrow Active, the WACO YMF-5 and cabin WACO's as well as a string of others I could likely name given more thought.

These photoetch brass and tissue paper Bleriots and Demoiselles by AJP Maquettes are definitely on my "to do" list!

N.

Obio

I know it is not exactly the same thing, bot Revell makes a 1/32 scale Super Cub that doesn't look bad, an I know about a 1/72 Bobcat but cannot remember the maker.

Saludos

Quote Originally Posted by Ascua02 View Post
    Obio

I know it is not exactly the same thing, bot Revell makes a 1/32 scale Super Cub that doesn't look bad, an I know about a 1/72 Bobcat but cannot remember the maker.

Saludos
    Pavla for the bobcat...

Members who have read this thread: 1