Welcome New Members+ - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Welcome New Members+

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon_Krieger View Post

I have my original 2 CD version of CFS3. I have the chance to buy a 1 DVD version. Here's details: The package says "Microsoft Combat Flight Sim, Europe" (basically). No version # is listed. CC is 1998. Pictured is a P-51 in flight, at about the 10 o'clock level position (not in combat). DVD is in Great shape. My buddy is asking $15.00 USD. Will that vers be of any benefit, or easier to work with, while installing to Win10-64 ? Or is it too old? I have all of my patches and updates saved. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks again, and it is good to be back-

Saxon
    Check this thread. They should be able to answer any questions about getting it to run.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...solved-for-now

Hello all!

I am about as new as you can be here, and just wanted to take a moment to say hello, and comment admiringly on the furniture.

Otherwise, I just need to know if there is there any beer..........
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by HyFlyer View Post
    Hello all!

I am about as new as you can be here, and just wanted to take a moment to say hello, and comment admiringly on the furniture.

Otherwise, I just need to know if there is there any beer..........

Welcome HyFlyer.

Here will you find both excellent quality furniture and plenty of beer.
    We are a Forum of many parts but we stand united in the pursuit of all things Military, Navy and (mostly) what goes on in the air.

Welcome.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Indeed yes, speaking of 'what goes on in the air'...... welcome to the Mile High Club.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Blog Entries
    Welcome Sir...consider yourself forewarned. From this point forward...proceed at your own risk.
    The furniture...well yes, quite a few cigarette burns and glass rings, but otherwise, of a craftsmanship that hearkens back to an era lost to the memory of all but those whom savor the lingering patina of Lacquer and Tung oil.

First round is on me. The running tab shall be a matter for another discussion.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Hi all ,

I just wanted to say "hello" . I have been around flightsimming since the early days way back in the mid 90,s.
    I was an active member on the cfs2-online boards aswell as on SOH. (under the name "Spook")
    I build some panels and also did some repaints for cfs2 and for the MFS wich was active on that time.
    I guess some of those should still be around in the library. I wont be as active as i was but i will be lurking around from time to time .
    It is good to see many familiar names are still around and the quality of the addons is still very high , if not , even better.

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Welcome Sir...consider yourself forewarned. From this point forward...proceed at your own risk.
    The furniture...well yes, quite a few cigarette burns and glass rings, but otherwise, of a craftsmanship that hearkens back to an era lost to the memory of all but those whom savor the lingering patina of Lacquer and Tung oil.

First round is on me. The running tab shall be a matter for another discussion.

Thanks for the welcome, guys.
    Hi

Hello fellow simmers,

I have been away from the sim community for a little while so this is just a quick introduction.

My first exposure to the sim world was with FS I on an Apple II in 1982. This didn't last long and I didn't pick it back up until 1994 and FS 5.0. Since then I've been running every version of MSFS and have graduated to the P3D crowd and am currently running V4.

I have been an on and off simmer for the past couple years but have decided to pick it back up more seriously.

As a side not I was also the sound designer for the SSTSIM Concorde and am interested in creating some sound packages for the SOH community.

Cheers,

John

Welcome, John!
    Or is it welcome back? Well, you get the idea

Look forward to seeing you in the forums.
    Also hope to see your sound packages. I'm sure they'll be a great addition

Have fun!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by CF104 View Post
    Hello fellow simmers,

I have been away from the sim community for a little while so this is just a quick introduction.

My first exposure to the sim world was with FS I on an Apple II in 1982. This didn't last long and I didn't pick it back up until 1994 and FS 5.0. Since then I've been running every version of MSFS and have graduated to the P3D crowd and am currently running V4.

I have been an on and off simmer for the past couple years but have decided to pick it back up more seriously.

As a side not I was also the sound designer for the SSTSIM Concorde and am interested in creating some sound packages for the SOH community.

Cheers,

John
    Welcome (back) John,

Great sound is halfway to complete immersion - as I always say.

Get cracking. You'll have lots of willing Betas here.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Hi Glad to be hereI

Good day fellow virtual aviators, thanks for having me I look forward to getting to know you all and share my passions in this exciting field. I am a real world aviator and have built several full size aircraft (of the RV variety) with my own design 2 place composite well under development. I am passionate to the extent of being obsessed with aeronautical design and the science of mechanical flight and as a feeder to my passion am an established aviation caricaturist/artist/cartoonist with regularly published works in several publications. I have also developed a knack for livery design having won both livery contests I entered recently, one for an iconic DC3 and another for national magazines flagship aircraft and so I thought the virtual world a great place to practice and hone my skills.

Very excited to learn from you all and develop as a virtual designer and repainter here at SOH. Thats me in a nutshell

Blue skies!
    Flymachine designs

Thats me in a nutshell
    Or a wingnutshell?

Welcome aboard! Always great to see a new victim...errr...member!
    I'm looking forward to seeing you your work, whether livery or plane design. Always nice to have another painter along. I am about as skilled with paints as a small rock.

I hope you enjoy your experiences here!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Nice Nutshell.

You'll fit right in.

Have a good look around, check out the different departments, put the kettle on and get to work!

You've just joined the best Flight Sim Forum in the whole wide World.

Clear Skies,

Jim
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by theohall View Post

I'm Theo. Retired Navy Avionics Tech.
    +1 Navy ATR-2 Viet Nam era. Worked on the Heavies, EKA-3B with VAH-10, VAQ-129 out of NAS Whidbey Is. and with VAQ-131 NAS Alameda. All O level maint. I kinda miss standing behind the JBDs and on the side of Tilly when the Phantoms and Viggies lit 'em up.

Tweaks Rule!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Welcome newcomers!

Am less new than MrZippy but who cares? Am also a Vietnam-era vet, SR-71 PSD (Physiological Support Division), Beale AFB during mid-70s. Handled suiting crew members in S901J full pressure assemblies ​("Gemini" space suits) then installing them into aircraft as well as post-flight recovery, their seat kits and parachutes as well. Was deployed TDY at Kadena AB in 1975 when the Stars and Stripes ran the biggest headline ever personally seen to date, in bold caps and at least 4" tall:

IT'S OVER!

...and remember thinking "Hmmm........ Kissenger got a Nobel Peace Prize for ending the war in '73. Now, 2 years later, it's over?"
    Sim-out is a great place full of many fs artists, truly walking among giants. They put up with my sorry *** pretty well, so you'll likely find yourself tolerated as well.

​.

just dropping by to say hello

Quote Originally Posted by theohall View Post
    Check this thread. They should be able to answer any questions about getting it to run.

Also, big thank you for this!

Hello!

Long time lurker, finally joined, and just dropping in to say hello. Glad to be here!

Quote Originally Posted by nagpaw View Post
    Long time lurker, finally joined, and just dropping in to say hello. Glad to be here!
    Welcome to SOH nagpaw and glad your lurking days are over!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Welcome to SOH nagpaw and glad your lurking days are over!
    Thanks, Roger. I get to hang out with the cool kids now
    America never stopped being great.

hello from Paris France!

Hi everybody;

Thanks for your welcome Paul; I happen to be registered here by chance; I was looking for military addons to implement on an airport (Athens/LGAV) i was more or less improving taking out some errors especially gates numbering. To be honest I'm not interested in military things and also I'm not taking simflight too seriously in the sense that for me it is a game and nothing more which is part of many other hobbies of mine. I had found exactly what I was looking for in the archive of the site but unfortunately the links supplied either were closed or there was an error in their description and to make matters worse the member has left and closed his account at SOH!. Anyway it's always interesting to meet new people and I decided to go on here hoping that I will not be too much of a nuisance from your point of you?

Who am I? A former retired banker from one the major merchant banks in France with a 75% interest in international matters. Age 76. Married, 2 kids. My hobbies: Music mostly classical, Opera, Ballet, reading (at least 3 to 4 books a months with at least one or two in English), I've traveled extensively around the world either for business or pleasure and my favorite trips were in the southwest and some of the northwest States of the USA. I happen to be a rather good and knowledgeable guy as far as Grand Canyon is concerned where I've hiked some 700 miles on foot in the canyon plus other hikes in Utah in Canyonlands and also some slot canyons. Unfortunately I'm no more aloud to hike those astounding sites having endured a severe heart attack and failure last year. Anyway I wrote a book (unfortunately for you in French) about my experiences in the canyon which surprisingly is read by a majority of US readers!? Here is the link if you're interested: http://froggyatgcn.canalblog.com/
    Also interested in movies and myself having used cameras since 1955; I use Adobe Creative Cloud to edit my movies (After effects, Premiere Pro and Photoshop). I'm presently editing a short reuniting takes from numerous trips to Pompei and Herculaneum in Italy.

I think that's all there is to say concerning the genius you've already understood I am! Who says I'm not ????

One last thing I'm a Parisian and if any of you happen to decide to have a trip in Paris, let me know, I'll be very pleased to help you organize your stay and maybe meet you here. So welcome to and ir's froggies!

Claude

I Made it.

Greetings everyone!

I just got my login and abig thanks for granting me posting privileges. I found you all out after a google search for a head on picture of Soloy C-206 sentinel conversion in flight. I fly one and do a little sim too but when I found out someone had written a MK I model I found myself here searching for it. That's when I stumbled across the greatest thing ever! A thread about someone writing a mod for the same version that I fly the MKII.

In the real world I am fortunate to be a Commercial multi-engine land pilot with an instrument rating, High performance, complex, and tail wheel endorsements who's been luck enough to fly Helio Couriers and has over 1400 hours is the Soloy C-T206H. Glad to be here and really excited to see how that model of the 206 comes out! And if anyone knows of a decent digital Helio I'd love to know about it.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by nagpaw View Post
    Thanks, Roger. I get to hang out with the cool kids now
    Thank you. Am feeling younger today for some strange reason.

It's great to have new blood flowing into the veins of SOH. Welcome everyone!

​.

I'm a new member too, struggling to remember all I forgot, and get back flying in CFS2.
    Anyone have advice on attaching images to posts. My posts end up with two images, one on bottom boxed as attachment.
    How can I display only one image?

Quote Originally Posted by swagler View Post
    I'm a new member too, struggling to remember all I forgot, and get back flying in CFS2.
    Anyone have advice on attaching images to posts. My posts end up with two images, one on bottom boxed as attachment.
    How can I display only one image?
    Welcome to all newcomers. :-)

Attaching pics is simple; just do not check the "Insert Inline Box" and they will appear as thumbnails to be opened if the reader chooses.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lockheed_Model_18_Lodestar_over_Houston,1947-48.jpg   ms-2018-apr-2-001.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Milton Shupe- Thank you. It worked, but confusing. I see a Photo tab and an Attachment popup window in settings. But don't see how to upload/delete/manage in Photo tab or Attachment window, only while creating/editing a post. I see post with large images, rather than thumbnail boxed attachment style, but hey this works, better than displaying both. I lost 3 post attachments by unchecking the thumbnail, viewing after updating post, single image looked good, but the next day all the posts images were gone.

I notice after 24 hours my post are no longer editable. Is this normal? Or how can I edit an older post to add screenshots?