Welcome New Members+ - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Welcome New Members+

Oorah!

Greetings to my fellow pilots.

It's my pleasure to be aboard.

I am a Amphibious Force Recon Marine (06). I am recovering from a rather serious spinal cord injury (C-2-3-4) and working towards gaining the use of my arms and legs again. I've recovered all but the use of my right hand (a work in progress).
    I've been "FSX simming" for approximately 10 years. GA to military. First love is "bush". I have admired SOH for years and finally decided to hookup. As you might have guessed from above, I'm a one handed flyer atm. Thank goodness for Saitek. Flight makes the time "fly" by and takes my mind off the scary stuff.

BTW, solo flight is getting a bit boring, so I'd like to have the opportunity to fly with others. Not a VAT Sim guy, as to structured. Not much into combat (have had my fill of that). Any suggestions?

Best Regards, and Merry Christmas to you all.

Eagle

Eagle,welcome to the "family".glad to read you are positive and on the mend,injuries stink.

In the Around the World Race Forum there is a group who fly regularly online. They refer to themselves as Flight 19.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...iplayer-Events

There most recent adventure is

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    An unnamed "corporate" entity from the USA has sponsored a Flight 19 tour of Tasmania and Australia.

Parked at Hobart International Airport checking out an eager Cessna 337 off a fresh annual.

The Unknown Corporate entity is most likely MercAir but don't let any one know I told you that.

PM Willy or Moses03 to get details on when they fly.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Icon9 Rules & Guidelines (cannot be found) - just wondering :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ickie View Post
    For all the new SOH members, WELCOME!

We encourage all of our new members to participate actively in our forums! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the SOH Community! We'd love to hear from you!

And if you haven't seen or read our simple Rules & Guidelines, check this one out...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rms-Of-Service

But most of all, enjoy yourself and join in on discussions, or create your own. We are all here to learn and enjoy, no matter the skill level. When you post introducing yourself, feel free to include an image to break the ice.

SOH has much to offer! You can even connect using your Facebook account!

Take a moment and take a peak at some of our forums:

The Newshawks: A melting pot of aviation news, current events and entertainment.
    FSX: Announcements and general information about the product. You will also find tweaks and guides.
    Photography: General information & discussion about cameras, post-processing, reviews, etc. You can even share some of your favorite shots with us.
    The Cantina: A place to relax, share a few laughs with jokes and witty sayings, we even play games. Come on in to the Cantina and have some fun with other members.

Thank you so much and once again, welcome!

Best Regards,

The SOH Staff

I cannot find the Rules & Regulations...

Hi my name is H. Elisha
    Born and raise from Florida
    I am just exploring the Outhouse
    I came here to ask for help.
    And you were very generous to help me, I got a 100% from my school principal.
    That was awesome.
    Last edited by Little Chacha; January 14th, 2017 at 07:27. Reason: I should have introduced myself
    Hannah Elisha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post

Thank you Mr PRB!
    Hannah Elisha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Little Chacha View Post
    Thank you Mr PRB!
    You're welcome Hannah, and thanks for pointing out our error. I fixed Ron's original post!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Hi Paul and friends!
    I'm Alexander Colka from Guayaquil, Ecuador, I'm very happy to be part of this great community and share experiences with you guys, many thanks for letting me be here.
    Best regards,
    Alex

New Pilot

Hello everyone, first of all let me introduce myself, my name is Pere, it is the Catalan translation of the name Peter, I am from Barcelona because of my low knowledge of English I see myself in the obligation of writing with the translator of google I love the FSX since Many years, although it is thanks to this page that I started to take my simulator seriously, surely I will not be able to contribute much to the community, but I hope to learn a lot from you, happy flights

Welcome Pere!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Pere View Post
    Hello everyone, first of all let me introduce myself, my name is Pere, it is the Catalan translation of the name Peter, I am from Barcelona because of my low knowledge of English I see myself in the obligation of writing with the translator of google I love the FSX since Many years, although it is thanks to this page that I started to take my simulator seriously, surely I will not be able to contribute much to the community, but I hope to learn a lot from you, happy flights

Benvingut a la SOF Peter.im segur que gaudirà i les grans amistats que es formen here.have diversió de volar. Dave

Fellow simmers,

I have been virtual flying for about 6 years now and have enjoyed every minute. I still fly FS9 due to the fact that my wife whispered in my ear that she would be in court the following day for a homicide if I decided to change. I live in Indianapolis, Indiana USA and am retired. Married, 2 daughters, grand kids, 2 cats and 1 dog! Picked up my nickname years ago while visiting in Southeast Asia for just over a year!

Just recently I obtained a copy of CFS 2 and CFS 3. I didn't know what I was missing. Look forward to learning from the experts here, and hope after some time, to offer something in return.

My best,

Scott Clawson

Quote Originally Posted by Cats View Post
    Fellow simmers,

I have been virtual flying for about 6 years now and have enjoyed every minute. I still fly FS9 due to the fact that my wife whispered in my ear that she would be in court the following day for a homicide if I decided to change. I live in Indianapolis, Indiana USA and am retired. Married, 2 daughters, grand kids, 2 cats and 1 dog! Picked up my nickname years ago while visiting in Southeast Asia for just over a year!

Just recently I obtained a copy of CFS 2 and CFS 3. I didn't know what I was missing. Look forward to learning from the experts here, and hope after some time, to offer something in return.

My best,

Scott Clawson
    Welcome to SOH, Scott. I am originally from Indy. Still have two sisters & cousins who live up there, but I chose to cut off all contact with them. Long story. Lots of friendly people on this forum, with a wealth of knowledge. NC

Hello

Thanks for setting me up , Paul.
    Hello all. A little about me and my 'simming' background.
    I've been in the computer business since 1983, and have been flying sims since 1984 when MFS 2.0 came out, and started flying combat flight sims with F-16 Fighting Falcon that same year. I've continue to fly the MFS series up to and including FSX, as well as flying combat sims from Falcon 3.0 thru Falcon BMS and just about every combat sims that has come out.
    In 1994, I became a member of a local flight simulation center called Fightertown, where you would climb into actual cockpits, and fly 'coop' missions with other members. They had 8 cockpits that were interactive, and you could do just about anything the military did. (The place was amazing.) Anyway, in 1996, the owner was branching out into being a 3rd party video game developer. I was asked to join the team, and I created the missions, and created the sound effects for 3 published combat flight games by Eagle Interactive....Sabre Ace(97), Luftwaffe Commander(98), and Ultra Fighters(98).
    We also ventured out into turning actual cockpits into something the public could fly. We had several museums, where the public could come in, climb into a cockpit, and dogfight each other.
    The last venture we had together was the creation of Combat Pilot back in 2012. It was an 'add-on' for FSX, and was created as an interactive MMO type sim, built around the actual type of training the military does for a pilot to achieve his/her wings. After which, you progress into combat training. I created all the missions (please no name calling), and sound effects, as well as all the software integration. I was also responsible for all beta testing. (some of you may have actually dealt with me.)
    Currently, I am lending my hand in helping a local flight center, with upgrading their cockpits and software.
    That's about it. As you can see, I've had my hand in the flight sim arena for quite some time.

Take Care
    -Snake

New member - A-7E Driver, current CFI

Hi Team.

I earned my Naval Aviator wings in 1976 and joined the fleet flying the A-7E Corsair off the USS Kitty Hawk (216 carrier landings, but who’s counting?). I began instructing in A-7s for the Navy in 1980 at NAS Lemoore, CA. I earned my civilian CFI the same year and became President of the NAS Lemoore Flying Club. I enjoyed teaching in the same T-34B that I had soloed in, when I was at Pensacola five years earlier.

I left active duty in 1982 and joined the Naval Reserves. I spent three years flying the UC-12B (Beechcraft King Air) from Andrews AFB. I spent another ten years in the Reserves with the Naval Air Systems Command at NAS Patuxent River. I have since retired from the Navy.

After spending time in corporate America, I have returned to my love of teaching flying. I recently taught midshipmen at Lee Airport through the Navy Annapolis Flight Center and am now sharing the fun of Sport Flying as an instructor at Chesapeake Sport Pilot at Bay Bridge Airport, W29.

I fly FSX, X-Plane 10 and 11, and have dabbled in DCS. My full time job is IT Director for a Defense contractor.

Welcome CDR Storm!
    Welcome to SOH, you will find this great place to get questions answered and communicate with others that enjoy the same passion you do!

I served in the US NAVY (70-74) as a jet mechanic on the RA5C Vigilante, RVAH-9. Stationed in ALbany ,GA. and then they closed Albany and we moved to NAS Key West-real terrible duty station-LOL Three MED cruises-Saratoga,Forrestal and Independence..

Watched an A-7 go off the waist cats on the Forrestal and the canopy ripped off,pilot ejected and we recovered him, all was well
    They blamed the Plane Captain for not telling the PIC to lock the plexiglass....

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

My greeting to the distinguished community and thank you for your hospitality!
    Military pensioner. I have two children - a son and a daughter, as well as two dogs and three cats. I fly to the FSХ and sometimes I make videos. Thank for taking the time to read all this.

Михаил

Hi, How are you?

I've got some problems with my English, but I made up my mind to study it properly, and I hope I'll cope with it soon. I need some time.

Михаил

Just between you and me, there are people BORN in English-speaking countries, like America, Britain, Australia, etc, that can't/won't/don't speak or write English worth a darn. It's really kind of sad. With the advent of "text-speak", as I call it, or the style of typing and speaking used in smart-phone text messaging, it's getting worse, too.
    I realize, English is an "evolving language", but come on, folks. Making LOL, Cray-cray, and so on ad nauseam part of your everyday communication skills is just absurd.
    Sorry, I ramble.
    Have a good time y'all
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Just between you and me, there are people BORN in English-speaking countries, like America, Britain, Australia, etc, that can't/won't/don't speak or write English worth a darn. It's really kind of sad. With the advent of "text-speak", as I call it, or the style of typing and speaking used in smart-phone text messaging, it's getting worse, too.
    I realize, English is an "evolving language", but come on, folks. Making LOL, Cray-cray, and so on ad nauseam part of your everyday communication skills is just absurd.
    Sorry, I ramble.
    Have a good time y'all
    Pat☺
    thanks for the support Pat

Hey guys, Just coming on board as I've stumbled across the incredible C-47 hosted here and want to keep updated on her progress.
    I fly X-Plane and now P3D for the C-47.

Returning to Flight Sims after 20+ year absence

Greetings.

I'm Theo. Retired Navy Avionics Tech. Last Flight Sim I messed around with was FS98. Currently enjoying the Early Access Flight Sim World and creating missions with the Mission Editor. This is what led me to this forum. There are some excellent ideas in the Round the World threads which would translate well to missions using the GA aircraft which are the only ones currently featured in FSW. Looking forward to discussing stuff and learning more about add-ons.

(I do have FSX, but wound up acquiring it and Dovetail Flight School at the same time. This led to early access FSW being free and DTG is being very communicative about their updates and asking users to submit reports for things to fix - yes, there are a lot of things to fix - which is why it's Early Access)

I'm Theo. Retired Navy Avionics Tech.
    Welcome aboard, Theo! I'm sure you'll get a warm welcome, and plenty of help. This is a great Forum, lotsa very nice, helpful people. Very well versed in the intricacies (big word of the day ) of the flightsims.

May I ask, as I was AIMD Avionics myself, were you O or I level AVI? And what shop? Just being nosey, is all. I was WC 630, I level Radar for the F-4's.

Anyway, nice to meet you. Hope you have a great time. I sure do!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

New Mwmber (FNG)

Thanks for inviting me to the Members+ Group. Kinda' reminds me of the old Arlo Guthrie song, "Alice's Restaurant", and him being assigned to the group "W" bench in the Armed Forces Induction Station. I guess I am showing my age here. If you know the song, no offense. I put some about myself on my profile, but I will repeat here. I was a L.E.O. (Law Enforcement Officer) in both the Military (USAF) and Civilian lives, spending many years with a K-9 partner. I am also a Certified (AAS) Paramedic. I enjoy target shooting of all types, studying Military History (have several relatives who were conscripts of the Wehrmacht in WWII; my Dad was a Bombardier on a B-29 flying off Guam). I was a member of SOH several years ago, but life happens, as they say (who ever 'They' are?). I have not been in the virtual cockpit for awhile, now using Win10-64 and some assistive tech, so bear with me, I will have many ?'s. I am fairly tech literate, building PC's is a hobby of mine (still trying to get a handle on Win10, so far, I think it SUX!)
    I completed the sign-up process for this group, but still can not post to the Forums, so while I have your attention:

I have my original 2 CD version of CFS3. I have the chance to buy a 1 DVD version. Here's details: The package says "Microsoft Combat Flight Sim, Europe" (basically). No version # is listed. CC is 1998. Pictured is a P-51 in flight, at about the 10 o'clock level position (not in combat). DVD is in Great shape. My buddy is asking $15.00 USD. Will that vers be of any benefit, or easier to work with, while installing to Win10-64 ? Or is it too old? I have all of my patches and updates saved. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks again, and it is good to be back-

Saxon
    Last edited by Saxon_Krieger; July 6th, 2017 at 17:42. Reason: spelling
    "When Tyranny Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty"

System Specs:
    O/S: Win 7-64 bit
    Intel I-7 Quad 860 @2.8GHs, Cool Master CPU Cooler (forced)
    8 Gig DDR RAM
    NVIDA GeForce GTX 670
    Creative Labs SB X-FI Platinum 64 bit Sound Card
    24" ASUS Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    May I ask, as I was AIMD Avionics myself, were you O or I level AVI? And what shop? Just being nosey, is all. I was WC 630, I level Radar for the F-4's.
    Thanks, Pat! And that is a fun question when it comes to my experience.

Started I-Level in a 64B shop in Spain supporting EP-3s. This work center fixed all kinds of stuff - radios, radars, direction finding stuff, digital audio recorders, reel-to-reel recorders, and anything that wasn't a "com radio", crypto, or weather radar. In other words, almost everything from the cockpit firewall to the back end. Fantastic opportunity for me in terms of learning and repairing all kinds of electronics.

Then wound up I-level on the USS Inchon when it was a Mine Countermeasures Command and Control Ship supporting minesweeping MH-53s. Wound up learning how to repair towed sonar arrays, com radios, radar altimeters, and ICS. In other words, everything I hadn't learned in Spain. WCs 74C, 610, and 690. Shore duty followed with nothing new...

Off to I-level on the Truman now supporting the F-14s on their last Gulf deployment, F-18s, E-2s, S-3s, H-60s and anything else that landed on our ship and needed help. Again - 610/690 with QA thrown in.

Last real electronics job was 2nd to last tour where I as an O-level guy at an E-2 squadron. (W/C 210) Thankfully, proving I could fix stuff didn't take long that's to all the earlier experience, because those O-level dudes really did not like having an I-level dude as their boss... until I could fix stuff quicker than most of them.

Could have done without the 690 (2M stuff), but overall lots of experience in different areas.