some free utilities

Thread: some free utilities

some free utilities

Hi to all the friends,
    here are some freeware utilities that could help with the fps matter: Mz ultimate booster, Mz cpu accelerator and the updated drivers for for the graphical cards available at ngohq.com.
    hope this can be really helpful...
    thanks for the attention,
    Gius

Thanks, Gius, I'll have a look. I could do with speeding my machine up.

Cheers,

PomBee.:ernae:

I'll try anything! Thank you.:ernae:

OK,
    in my opinion, they are worth.
    Best Regards,
    Gius

For me this was another pipe dream (ah, pipe dreams). I installed both and updated my drivers. fps got worse. I uninstalled all and things are back to normal. Does anyone experience fps below 20 once in awhile, or is just it me? Thanks gius, it was worth a try. Maybe later I will try them, without the driver update.:salute::ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by mariereid View Post
    For me this was another pipe dream (ah, pipe dreams). I installed both and updated my drivers. fps got worse. I uninstalled all and things are back to normal. Does anyone experience fps below 20 once in awhile, or is just it me? Thanks gius, it was worth a try. Maybe later I will try them, without the driver update.:salute::ernae:
    OK, Marieried,
    try without the drivers, sorry for the inconvenient

cheers,
    Gius

I tried out CFS2 for the first time on my latest workstation a short time ago and was surprised to find my quad core, 8G RAM, nVidia GeForce 9800+ computer was only able to make frame rates in the teens with the graphics settings maxed out. Turning down some of the settings got back into the 30-40 fps range.
    Seems like the code for the game is not able to take advantage of modern hardware.

Nomad13, you are right, CFS2 cannot take advantage of the DX10 abilities of your hardware. However you should be able to run it maxed out with no problems. CFS2 was built to run on very limited hardware, The automatic performance adjustment is not necessary and does throttle back LOD rendition and framerates.
    Do you have /settings / Display/ Auto-performance adjustment checked ?
    If so uncheck it, then see what your frame rates are like.

guis, not a problem my friend! I'm just always looking for any improvement. Nothing I have tried has really improved fps. I am happy with what I have. When I get into some of these missions with tons of the best planes, ships, etc., fps drops below 20 now and then. A small price to pay, but it's worth it to see all those goodies!:ernae:

Do you have /settings / Display/ Auto-performance adjustment checked ?
    If so uncheck it, then see what your frame rates are like.
    Yeah, I've got to do a little more poking around to find the right combination of display quality and frame rates.
    Any tweaks or settings that allow CFS2 on dual displays? I can't remember if I ever had it running on dual monitors or not.

Dual monitors not really, in windowed mode you can create a new view window, undock it and drag it to your second monitor. The configuration is dumped at the end of a flight, but may be saved as a flight; file-name.FLT using the Cfo Weather module to give access to the flight file save and load options. The file is saved in the pilots folder.
    It is a txt file open it with wordpad.
    Widow data can be copied from the saved file to the default flight files that reside in \..\Combat Flight Simulator 2\SITUATIO\ defair.flt defgnd.flt