For those who don't know yet : MyTraffic 2006 (4.1) now free - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For those who don't know yet : MyTraffic 2006 (4.1) now free

Hmmm, not so happy with this software. It has made changes to my install of FS that I am not happy with. How do you UNINSTALL this program? Did not find an entry in Control Panel.
    Take care.

Ed

Charter Member 2011
    Sorry to hear it...
    This was exactly the kind of issue that I was trying to avoid, by having this discussion.

For the posters above who have taken the view that one should not try for an objective assessment of this software:
    Ai (and especially Commercial AI) packages are not like say, an aircraft model, that you can plug in and discard if it doesn't work for you.
    As Ed demonstrates, they can be quite invasive, and difficult to undo.

A forum like this is a great place to identify, and perhaps work around, possible problems.
    I think this type of discussion is more than warranted in cases like this.

Ed, I hope someone can help you get your system back.

Yep, I screwed up by installing this software. It has changed ALL parking and aircraft in the AI part of FS2004. It is like cancer, MyTraffic has files all over hells half acre.... sigh. I can not find a UNINSTALL anywhere on the computer.... any one have any ideas? I may have to try a system restore back a few months, but I will wait for a week in case someone smarter then me has a solution to this thing. Take care and beware.

Ed

I installed mine to temporary folder and manually put in just the aircraft and traffic files. I suggest you install to a temp folder then you can see exactly what has gone where and remove it manually. Looking at mine, none of the default should have overwritten so, once it's out you should be golden.

WWI started because some bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich because he was hungry.

Thanks Clarke123, your suggestion worked - only the DAT file in the addon folder had to be redone by adding back the missing addons. Mytraffic took the file from about 120 entries down to only 50 so it took about five minutes to readd scenery files from the addon folder and viola it seems all is great again. No more MyTraffic for me.... yuck. Have a most Happy and Joyeous Holiday seasons and Merry Christmas to all.

Ed

Ed - glad you got things back to where they should be. I think this answers my question, Thankyou.

Cheers, A.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarke123 View Post
    Very zen mate but he asked for people's opinion's and judgment's and they're giving him their opinion's and judgement's. What's the problem here? We've had it in countless other threads so why are people getting covertly snarky over this one?
    My issue on the first page of responses was regarding the thread going OT with comments about freeware. I have exactly NO issues with discussing the pros and cons of this package. Good points raised, and proven.

Glad you got it sorted out Ed.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by edmoore235 View Post
    It has changed ALL parking and aircraft in the AI part of FS2004.
    Sorry to hear about your issues, but that's due to the scenery priority!
    Quoting from their FAQ:

Please make sure that the prorities of MyWorldAirports in the scenery library is below the one of any add on airport otherwise it will overwrite it.

So placing this scenery.cfg entry at the lowest position will set your custom AI and AFCAD "on top".

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmm, Markus, where are these FAQs at? Not inside the ZIP nor the manuals after install. Is there a site for MyTraffic somewhere? Thanks in advance.

Ed (Happy Holidays)

Dunno about MyTraffic 2006, for I still run the 2004 version, but there's a "My Traffic" folder created within the FS9 root folder with a "manual.htm" file included (not sure about the actual filename, as I'm at work now...).

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Sir. Yes, I found that folder AFTER the install and it was already too late for me.... smile. It would be best if it was stated in BOLD LETTERS: THERE IS NO UNINSTALL and this program will reorder and delete your scenery setup. Have a happy holiday season. Take care.

Ed

Thanks for warning me about setting MyWorldAirports way down the scenery list. It worked fine.

The reason I installed this addon is that I can now have a fourth version of FS9. Yes, having a modern, a propliner (CalClassic) and a vintage (GoldenWings) version wasn't quite enough. What about all those planes too new for the CalClassic but too old for the modern version? Those poor lost Starfighters, Voodoos, DC-9's, 727's etc. that don't quite fit anywhere. Well, thanks to the 1970's or 1980's setting of MyTraffic (haven't quite decided yet), they have a home. A post propliner FS9 with AI flights. More reason to waste time tweaking yet another fantasy world. My wife will be so happy.

Thanks, Merry Christmas,

Lyle

Does this include more GA traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by lliaghll View Post
    Thanks for warning me about setting MyWorldAirports way down the scenery list. It worked fine.

The reason I installed this addon is that I can now have a fourth version of FS9. Yes, having a modern, a propliner (CalClassic) and a vintage (GoldenWings) version wasn't quite enough. What about all those planes too new for the CalClassic but too old for the modern version? Those poor lost Starfighters, Voodoos, DC-9's, 727's etc. that don't quite fit anywhere. Well, thanks to the 1970's or 1980's setting of MyTraffic (haven't quite decided yet), they have a home. A post propliner FS9 with AI flights. More reason to waste time tweaking yet another fantasy world. My wife will be so happy.

Thanks, Merry Christmas,

Lyle

LOL Lyle that was a good laugh. Thanks for that one. I am sure there is a club for wifes/girlfriends of FS addicts out there somewhere.

I never let any program install directly into my FS installation. A temp folder is the way to go. If the installer barks one can usually copy in a dummy FS9.exe and let it run. If that fails to work it must be a very very special piece of software that still is allowed to continue.
    And then only after I run a new drive "Snapshot" to have as a backup in case things go pear shaped.

When doing the manual install I also do not move the files from the temp folder into the sim....copy only. If you later have to remove files it is easier to find out what was added and needs to be removed.

Cheers
    Stefan

Members who have read this thread: 3