9th fighter campaign: Problem with G4M2_SURRENDER

Thread: 9th fighter campaign: Problem with G4M2_SURRENDER

9th fighter campaign: Problem with G4M2_SURRENDER

I have flown Capt. Kurt's wonderful 9th fighter campaign, lots of CTD's but all handled save the last one: I can't finish the last campaign getting an "error loading model G4M2_SURRENDER". I have gone through that plane, it DOES have a sound file (alias Lightning) and all seems OK, yet it will not load. Anyone solved that problem?
    Finn

Hi Finn,

[It's just the AI Overhaul stock model renamed, a new texture and with the guns removed from the .dp file.

I think you've probably changed something around though. The sound .cfg file was originally aliased to the A6M2_Zero\sound. Any other files replaced?

On the off chance that your model file has been corrupted, delete the model folder and replace it with this one. This is the original used to build the mission and it's working fine.

ATTACH]25037[/ATTACH]

And thank you for the compliment on the campaign.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thanks, but arises new problem

Thank you for the Betty/surrender - it obiously did the trick, but that only caused a new problem, now it will not load the b-29A-AI - and this time it means business, it locks the computer totally so only ctrl-alt-delete/stop process will get me further. I have not touched this plane at all, fearing to do something wrong. Any ideas?
    This is probably the most ambitious campaign ever done, and mostly it works like a charm. I especially love the dynamic sceneries, moving trucks and overflying planes etc. I did notice a small problem in one of the last missions where I was supposed to attack a betty and two single-engined planes on a field: The only target safe to attack is the Betty, any else caused a CTD. This happened when the words was just appearing of what I destróyed, so it could be because I had the damage text on? I had 4 CTD and then found out that if I only hit the Betty, nothing happened after which I just finished the mission. Thank you for doing such wonders - will certainly fly this campaign again and again.
    Finn

Changing out the Betty probably did not create a new problem. Fixing the Betty most likely just let the mission load routine move on to the next issue - the B-29. Mission loading will stop at the first problem it comes to.

However at this point it sounds like maybe some of the missions may be too resource intensive for your computer to process. If you have an older 'puter with less RAM and cache it might not be able to load all of the data from the mission.

Here is a replacement mission file with about 60% of the static aircraft removed. Let's see if this one will load up.

Attachment 25129
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Unhappy No change

Thanks Capt. Kurt, but I still get "error loading model b-29a_ai" and the whole game is still locked up so I have to press ctrl-alt-delete and end process to get out again. Funny problem - my rig handles the campaign in high resolution, so I am not convinced the problem is overload, but have no clue to what could be the culprit.

Bummer, I can't replicate the problem. Let's try reloading the B-29 model with the attached and see if that gets it. I'd really like to get the problem identified and solved.

Attachment 25207
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Did the trick

With the "new" B29 everything loaded, and the final mission has been flown (did not see the surrender-Betty though? Was that the price for making the mission smaller?) I don't quite understand WHY this is so, the "new" B29 is called B29_AI while the one that came with the campaign is called B29a_ai - which is the same that is asked for in the mission file?
    I do realize that the B29 is needed - boy, did you provide us with B29's? It looked like hundreds down there, but which one did load in the end? Both are now in the "aircraft" file.
    Anyway, this is truly a campaign that has taken us a giant leap forward - fantastic, and even dynamic sceneries far beyond what CFS2 originally offered, historicly well researched story and planes that cannot even be matched in CFS3. This is a benchmark that all others will be messured against - thanks a lot for doing this.:salute:
    Finn

WHew! Glad to hear it. The B-29 is the same plane, I just changed the letter capitalizattion so you could tell the difference between the two folders.

The Betty should be taking off as you fly past the field. Once every so often it crashes during takeoff - there is no announcement of the fact. If it didn't show up after the next warp, it's still smoldering on the runway.

Thanks for flying the campaign. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Members who have read this thread: 0