FSSound.dll problem

Thread: FSSound.dll problem

Unhappy FSSound.dll problem

Up to a point this is an old prob that can be easily dealt with...BUT...

Installed the payware MAAM Sim DC-3 into fs9 and GW3 - lovely, but it caused the error message FSSound.dll incompatible to come up.

This was removed from fs9 by locating fs9.cfg and adding the lines:

[OldModules]
    FSSound.dll=1

Problem is, how to remove it from Golden Wings 3?

Anyone know exactly which cfg file Old Modules needs to be added to? (It didn't work in fs2000.cfg and there doesn't seem to be any fs9.cfg).

Would be eternally grateful for any useful advice from you experts out there!
    RR

De Vliegende Hollander

When you install GW3, following the directions given, you will have a GW3.cfg file (can't remember the exact name you use when creating the GW3 install) in the same hidden folder that the FS9.cfg file is located in. Open the GW3 .cfg file and add the lines to it just like you did with the FS9.cfg.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Obio, thanks - I did already try a search for that, but it didn't appear. Now trying again, making sure that hidden files will be included. I've also written (upper case) GW3.cfg, rather than gw3.cfg - don't know if that makes any difference?
    RR

De Vliegende Hollander

Yes, it's searched again and no GW3.cfg. And of course I already tried stuff like GoldenWings.cfg, but still no luck.

I guess the question is: does anyone know the name of that cfg file in GW3?!?
    RR

De Vliegende Hollander

The Gold Wings instructions call it FSGW3. That's how mine is, perhaps yours too.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    The Gold Wings instructions call it FSGW3. That's how mine is, perhaps yours too.
    That's it Terry.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thank you gentlemen! In fact it's just called FSGW.cfg, but that's done the trick. :salute:

Surprising that the MAAM DC-3 had that effect, but I think it's caused by ancient (fs2000) stuff in the (otherwise excellent) gagues. Updating FSSound.dll didn't work either.

Soon we will have some fun in the 1930s, very much helped by your wonderful Old Hangar, Roger:

RR

De Vliegende Hollander

Members who have read this thread: 1